Sign in to follow this  
Asomodai

Tokyo Marui M9 U.S no longer hopping.

Hello all. 

For the past three skirmishes, my TM M9 (Adjustable hop) No longer seems to want to create any hop. 

I thought the original rubber may have died, so I changed it to a Prommy Nineball. However this has done nothing to rectify the problem. I can see when I adjust the Hop wheel, the nub appears in the barrel where and when it should. 

However, despite the nub being present, I get no hop... Any ideas?

The rubber is dry, no silicon oil in any wrong places. 

Ta!

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is the hop actually staying on when you shoot?

Are you saying it could be that the arm the holds the nub is not staying in place when firing? 

I couldn't say. 

I mean do you have to wind it back on again? It’s possible the arm is flexing, or even stress fractured, though unlikely

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I mean do you have to wind it back on again? It’s possible the arm is flexing, or even stress fractured, though unlikely

No. The dial stays put regardless of how many times I shoot it. The nub stays in place in between shots at least. 

14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

No. The dial stays put regardless of how many times I shoot it. The nub stays in place in between shots at least. 

if it were me, I’d take the hop arm out completely, and see what difference it makes

What gas are you using? It's been pretty cold lately, if using 144a or old/rubbish green then it may not be generating enough power to take advantage of the hop.

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

What gas are you using? It's been pretty cold lately, if using 144a or old/rubbish green then it may not be generating enough power to take advantage of the hop.

It's been happening for the past three months. I use Ultra-air. 

The power is there, 270 fps.

Worth trying to shim under the hop arm? I'm not 100% on the shape of them but can you cut anything to go under it to put more force onto the BB? If that doesn't work then it's almost certainly the arm is stressed and needing replacement.

I’ve had nothing but trouble with Ultra air, in consistent and weak. I only ever use Nuprol/WE green or red now