Jump to content
Wo1f

Raptor PKP build advice

Recommended Posts

Building myself a support gun to keep those pesky speedsofters at bay when they venture into the woods. I've ordered a Raptor PKP which is essentially an A&K PKM with some furniture changes. To start with I've ordered the bullgear CNC hop chamber and the bullgear mag insert. I plan on running it till it pops, but when it does i want the parts ready to build it up better than ever. Due to having a silly long barrel (509) I'm thinking of a bore up cylinder set and a 6.03 to bring the air ratio to a somewhat better level; especially after adding a sorbo to dampen the impact and correct AOE. Is there any issues with doing this? I know they're supposed to be V2 compatible, but I've read stuff about nozzle lengths being a problem. 

 

Any other upgrades or suggestions? similar LMG builds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't say i'm that familiar with them, mate of mine has the pkm version which he guards more preciously than gollum guards the one ring (seriously it's scary), but aside from the box mag it's never had any issues i'm aware of.

 

also know a fella has the pkp and whilst he's not had it long i dont think he's had any issues besides leaving a trail of murdered batteries in his wake.

 

wouldn't be surprised if it's standard enough internals in there, but couldnt call that for sure. a basic mosfet might not be a bad idea to save the contacts under sustained fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking into a mosfet now as i plan on running the largest battery i can fit in the bullgear mag insert. Not sure on the dimensions so ill have to wait till it arrives before i buy a battery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards the air nozzles, people seem to have luck with MP5K nozzles.  Have a lonex model one in my PKM. 

The bullgear insert is a very nice piece of kit, provides plenty of space. Fits 3800Mah lipos and life batteries with ease.

One thing I would suggest is to pick up a replacement microswitch or two, when you're ordering parts. Convenient to have them to spare. 

Down the line if it becomes your favourite AEG, you could always invest in a retro arms gearbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DerDer said:

With regards the air nozzles, people seem to have luck with MP5K nozzles.  Have a lonex model one in my PKM. 

The bullgear insert is a very nice piece of kit, provides plenty of space. Fits 3800Mah lipos and life batteries with ease.

One thing I would suggest is to pick up a replacement microswitch or two, when you're ordering parts. Convenient to have them to spare. 

Down the line if it becomes your favourite AEG, you could always invest in a retro arms gearbox.

It will be my only AEG as I run gbbr’s. I’ll pick up some micro switches 👍.

 

dont suppose you have the dimensions of the battery compartment on the bullgear insert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gate X-ASR is a great little FET for that use.

 

For a simple setup don't worry about the outer barrel length, run a full cylinder (which it prob has stock) or even better a type 1 cylinder, with a 350 barrel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Gate X-ASR is a great little FET for that use.

 

For a simple setup don't worry about the outer barrel length, run a full cylinder (which it prob has stock) or even better a type 1 cylinder, with a 350 barrel.

That’s a lot of empty outer barrel though. Won’t that be an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't be, only 6"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

It will be my only AEG as I run gbbr’s. I’ll pick up some micro switches 👍.

 

dont suppose you have the dimensions of the battery compartment on the bullgear insert?

Rough measurements, because my measuring tape is a bit knackered. Height: 5.6cm Breadth: 17.8cm Width: 3.2cm. 

Gives you an estimate. 

20191201_192537.jpg

20191201_192557.jpg

20191201_192646.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Rough measurements, because my measuring tape is a bit knackered. Height: 5.6cm Breadth: 17.8cm Width: 3.2cm. 

Gives you an estimate. 

20191201_192537.jpg

20191201_192557.jpg

20191201_192646.jpg

You’re a legend. Off to battery shop now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You’re a legend. Off to battery shop now 

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy your new AEG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DerDer said:

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy your new AEG

I’ll let you know once I get a battery 😂. Turns out an 11.1 5000 mah will fit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff. You will get plenty of shots out of that pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...