Arguments for and against.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm off to buy a ASG M40a3 sportline version tonight. They are going really cheap at my local retailer. I have seen good things about them and I could do with a new project to sink all my time and money into.

I need arguments for and against such an idea.

• Supporters

For - DO IT.

Against - Don't do it.

Hope that helps.

For it: it's different than the sea of SSG/SRS everyone and their mother uses.

Against it: Will it be as good as a VSR/Striker?

Alas, things didn't turn out as planned and I didn't pick up the rifle. I will pick one up at some point in the near future. I've not done any sniping before so just wanted something to try out to see if it suits me, hence getting a cheapo rifle to mess about with.

But thanks everyone. Especially you Lozart, you were really useful. 😁

2 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Alas, things didn't turn out as planned and I didn't pick up the rifle. I will pick one up at some point in the near future. I've not done any sniping before so just wanted something to try out to see if it suits me, hence getting a cheapo rifle to mess about with.

I've had my eye on the CYMA CM700a for a while now. From what I've been able to find out the CYMA makes for a better upgrade platform

For - nothing

Against - You will just turn into another Licking Toenail Sniper Ghillie Suit Wearing Not Taking Your Hits Cos You Is Leet Cheating Fucktard C*nt

PS I dont like 'snipers'..... :P

16 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I've not done any sniping before so just wanted something to try out to see if it suits me, hence getting a cheapo rifle to mess about with.

Have you tried playing with your normal RIF in a sniper style?
This will give you an idea if it's for you, to start with.
Loads of people told me to get a cheap sniper to see if sniping was for me.
For me, that was really bad advice and I wish I hadn't listened. The whole point of a sniper rifle is to be able to hit targets at a distance beyond that of a normal AEG. Otherwise you're just cannon fodder, due to the fact you get one shot every 2-3s and they can let off 50 or so in the same time frame... Being shot to shit, when you can't return fire effectively can put you off sniping for life.
If you can, borrow a decent sniper rifle for a game, or at the very least just to shoot.
There is a world of difference between an out of the box, cheap sniper rifle and a decent sniper rifle that's been well tuned.
As with all things, ymmv. Just my two pence...

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

For me, that was really bad advice and I wish I hadn't listened. The whole point of a sniper rifle is to be able to hit targets at a distance beyond that of a normal AEG. Otherwise you're just cannon fodder, due to the fact you get one shot every 2-3s and they can let off 50 or so in the same time frame... Being shot to shit, when you can't return fire effectively can put you off sniping for life.
If you can, borrow a decent sniper rifle for a game, or at the very least just to shoot.
There is a world of difference between an out of the box, cheap sniper rifle and a decent sniper rifle that's been well tuned.

Agree 110%, but if your determined to get another rifle, go down the DMR route, most sites allow up to 450fps, much easier (& cheaper) to set up & work on, can usually be switched back to full auto capable if you find it's not for you, & to be honest the sniper role is as much about mindset as it is about equipment, the DMR role is a good halfway point between the two, without having to sell your soul to Hairybuttitch & become a total cnut 😜 .

To that end I'd recommend an M14, TM or CYMA, full length or socom, & before you start ripping it open to get it to 449.9 FPS just play a couple of games with it set to semi & try being a sneaky mofo, it's a lot of fun 😁

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I normally run low or mid caps and use semi auto only when I play so I am not too fussed on machine gunning everything to death. I also spend a lot of time time crawling on the ground as I don't mind getting covered in mud and it allows me to get in better shooting positions with less chance of being shot on the way.

The rifle thing, is not so much about becoming a ghillie suited leet guy, more about having a few different options of playing styles when I role up for a game and also having a bit of a project  to waste time and money on.

Anyway, I have binned the ASG off and I have just ordered a CYMA CM.702C. It looks cool and there are a few decent upgrade options to allow me to reach out and touch someone.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I aim to please. 

20 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/asg-airsoft-m40a3-sniper-rifle-black

£59 and free postage if ordered online today

48 minutes ago, kasaran said:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/asg-airsoft-m40a3-sniper-rifle-black

£59 and free postage if ordered online today

Mmmm this is the same price as a scope I was looking at. Should I buy it also?

Hopefully one day I will have more RIFs than my mrs has shoes. I will take me about 1000 years but I can only dream.

Archived