Airsoft kit that's just WRONG ?

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Scopes shine for me when I need to pick out a target. Bigger target = easier to spot teams if the site's running confusing camo etc.

this is true, prevents the ol' "not sure if tree stump or....." issue.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, remus said:

on knee pads I do loves a good slide and my knees would be wrecked without em. my latest set were full shin to knee. still spun round my legs mind. when I get back to outdoors I will look at solving that but for now not an indoors requirement.

I quite like a bit of fun to my looks/ loadout. more army of two/ umbrella corp. I don't like over serious  loadouts (milsimmers worst nightmare)

I've been after some knee and shin pads. You got a picture and a name?

5 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've been after some knee and shin pads. You got a picture and a name?

nope to both as its been years since I got em. currently they are stored at my folks place til I get my kit all moved over but its something like this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fincci-Protection-Bicycle-Skateboard-Tactical/dp/B07JLXZVBZ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=long+knee+pads&qid=1575053217&sr=8-3

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this is true, prevents the ol' "not sure if tree stump or....." issue

This one time, at Milsim-lite camp, we had a chap in MTP standing about 20 yards away beside a tree.  Or did we?  Anyway, half a dozen of us sent a few desultory rounds at the MTP-or-tree, then wrote it off as tree.

Then, when we'd got all comfy and chatty, the tree lit us up like a barbecue.

tenor.gif?itemid=5468463

On 28/11/2019 at 12:35, Tackle said:

What bit of kit do you think has no place in the "sport" ?

As we got off the kit element a while ago. And I think all kit has it's place even if I think its shit. Is often more the misuse/abuse of kit that tends to be the real issue. Like the commonality between hpa/super responsive trigger electric guns and being a trigger spamming, corner pre-shooting asshat. I think my main gripe (if were talking non kit gripes). Is people trying to melee kill you by waving a rubber/foam implement at you round a corner at you and because they touched you with it expecting you to take it as a kill. Essentially a blind touch kill where they don't have the drop on you.

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

As we got off the kit element a while ago. And I think all kit has it's place even if I think its shit. Is often more the misuse/abuse of kit that tends to be the real issue. Like the commonality between hpa/super responsive trigger electric guns and being a trigger spamming, corner pre-shooting asshat. I think my main gripe (if were talking non kit gripes). Is people trying to melee kill you by waving a rubber/foam implement at you round a corner at you and because they touched you with it expecting you to take it as a kill. Essentially a blind touch kill where they don't have the drop on you.

Much more fun to drop a grenade round the corner tbf.

Thought of something else that's wrong: Those fucking mosfets that fire on pull and release. 

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Much more fun to drop a grenade round the corner tbf.

Thought of something else that's wrong: Those fucking mosfets that fire on pull and release. 

Fuck you :P

binary triggers are the best thing after HPA'd ARP9s with drums.

seriously though, I have one in my arp and it's fun to use :)

While I agree any magnified optic above 4X are utterly useless, along with those crap, wobbly spring loaded flip to side magnifiers I wouldn't say they don't have a place. After all anything that is a detriment to the guy shooting at me is a plus in my book

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

While I agree any magnified optic above 4X are utterly useless, along with those crap, wobbly spring loaded flip to side magnifiers I wouldn't say they don't have a place. After all anything that is a detriment to the guy shooting at me is a plus in my book

fts magnifiers for airsoft are pretty terrible, you really need a good mount.

i tried a g&g one, didn't like the mount ended up getting an rs mount for it which at least held zero but the eye relief on the g&g magnifier is so incredibly poor as to be next to useless.

it's why i moved to a short dot and i must say i'm looking forward to giving this 1.5-6x a go tomorrow, although i did stack an rmr on there because it's not very good for up close snap shooting.

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fts magnifiers for airsoft are pretty terrible, you really need a good mount.

i tried a g&g one, didn't like the mount ended up getting an rs mount for it which at least held zero but the eye relief on the g&g magnifier is so incredibly poor as to be next to useless.

it's why i moved to a short dot and i must say i'm looking forward to giving this 1.5-6x a go tomorrow, although i did stack an rmr on there because it's not very good for up close snap shooting.

I did the exact same thing and now I swear by my BSA 1-4X short dot. I do want to try one of the clones of the RS Eotech magnifiers on my next build though

• Supporters
16 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

While I agree any magnified optic above 4X are utterly useless ...

I snipe and have used a 4x for years, then switched to a 6x and I prefer the latter one.

Mine are mesh goggles. I do like them because people see fuck all in them so I get the advantage, but I feel it's unfair. Come on people, can't you see (pun intended) you are blind as a bat in them?

On 28/11/2019 at 20:31, Adolf Hamster said:

ridiculous scope risers, seriously i've seen dudes stack that shit until the sight is nearly a foot away from the barrel, and not even in a humerous way

Adolf, I'm blind in my right eye, but right handed so have to use my left eye to sight, therefore I need to stack my risers to get that sight high enough to use the high eye

My pet hate, folks that think only shielding 50% of your eye's is OK. Mesh and Shooting glasses are NOT eye protection. Trust me loosing an eye isn't fun and it doesn't take much. Make sure there is absolutely no way a BB, dust, branch, or bits of rusty mesh, paint is getting in directly or indirectly. After all if your technique is good your face is the only area you should be getting shot in

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MadMole said:

Adolf, I'm blind in my right eye, but right handed so have to use my left eye to sight, therefore I need to stack my risers to get that sight high enough to use the high eye

My pet hate, folks that think only shielding 50% of your eye's is OK. Mesh and Shooting glasses are NOT eye protection. Trust me loosing an eye isn't fun and it doesn't take much. Make sure there is absolutely no way a BB, dust, branch, or bits of rusty mesh, paint is getting in directly or indirectly. After all if your technique is good your face is the only area you should be getting shot in

Damn, makes me feel like kinda an asshole for saying that now :(

Its a fair point you make about eye pro, sounds like its from experience too. Same deal with face pro and losing your teeth.

2 hours ago, MadMole said:

Perhaps a dumb question but I don't want to assume so, please, did you lose your eye playing airsoft? Just curious...

4 hours ago, Immortal said:

Perhaps a dumb question but I don't want to assume so, please, did you lose your eye playing airsoft? Just curious...

Fortunately not, accident when young with a stick. but even a slight scratch to the cornea and a bit of infection from dirt can do it.

I take no chances now, either wear a dye 4 or normally Bolle X800's and a mesh face mask. Neither steam up at all for me, I prefer the Bolle's

I never had problems with shooting glasses, mine have a really wide lens so it's next to impossible to get a bb in there.

The only way I can think of is to actually lose my eyepro when someone's shooting at me, which, again, is next to impossible because the frame is squished between my head and my ear piece/mouth pro straps.

On a side note:

high rof guns.

Not because the receiving end is gonna be pissed (honestly it's a great counter cheating system, drowning in bbs makes you call hits :P) , but because you literally empty a magazine in seconds in full auto (don't start the REEEEEE git aim/full auto is for sissies thing please).

20 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

High ROF = Accuracy by volume.

If you can't hit your target in 3 shots then something needs to change whether it's your tactics or whether you should give up airsofting is another debate.

It's also suppression, target's gonna keep his head down when there's hundreds of bbs zipping past his head ;)

allows for your teammates to flank and take him out ;)

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's also suppression, target's gonna keep his head down when there's hundreds of bbs zipping past his head ;)

Suppression is about continuous fire, not ROF. That's why most support guns have low RoF and box mags!

5 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Suppression is about continuous fire, not ROF. That's why most support guns have low RoF and box mags!

T'was an answer to Steve about not hitting a target in 3 shots :P

I do totally agree with you, low ROF and an almost infinite supply of ammo is the best configuration for a support weapon.

I used a 11.1v in my M4 yesterday cuz I forgot my 7.4s and I went through 6 360bb mags, whereas I usually go through 3 tops :P I was rather disgusted but it definitely helped with a couple of cheaters.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Suppression is different though. When you suppress you're not actively targeting a person, you're putting some BB's down in the rough vicinity so that heads stay behind cover. That's totally different to drawing a rope towards the target with a high ROF because you're too lazy/incompetent to aim properly.

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Suppression can be used in the following manner:

1) To keep people ducked behind their defences whilst others advance / flank them

2) To deny an area - preventing the opposition from advancing 

3) To show how manly you are at spraying BBs

Usually the people who number 3 apply to are the ones who drop a hi cap or their bag of BB's in safe zone also.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Skara said:

It's also suppression, target's gonna keep his head down when there's hundreds of bbs zipping past his head

If he even knows that some tiny, light, slow bits of plastic are gently drifting and wafting past.

Help a brother out, let them know that they're supposed to be suppressed.

tenor.gif?itemid=11401460

Archived