Airsoft kit that's just WRONG ?

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Surfing the net got me thinking about the kit we can buy that's great, really makes life easier, like mag speedloaders, massive improvement over the "Tube & Stick" jobbies we started out with years ago .

BUT then I thought about the pointless stuff, first thing that came to mind is shell ejecting Airsoft guns, prob fine on a tidy indoor range, but to play with, forget it, totally useless unless your wealthy enough to keep buying replacement shells .

What bit of kit do you think has no place in the "sport" ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
4 minutes ago, E21A said:

No place in the sport you say? 🤔

In before everyone else....

HPA 

😂

Lol, as soon as I posted I thought shall I edit it & say "obviously hpa is a given" 😂

3 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Hi-caps. Disgusting pieces of kit. Fully accept I might be in the minority but I'd attend a site in a heartbeat if they specified mids/lows/reals only.

Special mention to the people that run P90s with STANAG box mag adapters with hi-caps.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Hi-caps. Disgusting pieces of kit. Fully accept I might be in the minority but I'd attend a site in a heartbeat if they specified mids/lows/reals only.

10 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Special mention to the people that run P90s with STANAG box mag adapters with hi-caps.

I run hi-caps sometimes, but I also run mids & lows, in my defense I only use single shot & don't spam the trigger, it's more just about using smaller/lightweight loadouts that don't require loads of mag pouches.

I'd absolutely love it if every site banned hi caps (except for support guns), would make people actually think about how they play, instead of the usual hosefest.

But this is gonna turn in to a "room 101" scenario, dunno if hicaps qualify ?.🤔

Riot shields.  Specifically those clear plastic ones and any similar gun mounted shield.  I don't think they're as common here as they are in the US but I think unless it's RS weighted ballistic style one, i.e. you're hauling around some 20KG, it's an absolute no from me.  Even with a RS weighted one the rules would have to be pretty explicit for them to be used.

10 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

God Ghillie suits and that comes from someone who predominantly takes up the sniper role. Whether it's on purpose or just by accident they always attract controversy by the wearer not feeling hits.

6 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Riot shields.  Specifically those clear plastic ones and any similar gun mounted shield.  I don't think they're as common here as they are in the US but I think unless it's RS weighted ballistic style one, i.e. you're hauling around some 20KG, it's an absolute no from me.  Even with a RS weighted one the rules would have to be pretty explicit for them to be used.

100% agree with both of these. 

I do not agree with hi caps being in here. I think if they are used sensibly then there is no issue. Like Tackle I use hi caps, in fact I tend to only use hi caps but this is because I do not want to have 8 mags on me plus a speed loader and a bb botlle in my dump pouch. 2 hi caps will last me half a day easy as I cannot remember the last time I used full auto in a game.

One of the things which annoys me however is box/drum mags. It might be me but unless they are on a support weapon they tend to be used by the guy who has NO trigger discipline, lighting up all and everything including his own team with 12000 bbs a min!!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Why not?

Cos while they're annoying, & allow some players to take the piss, they do actually work, & are "fit for purpose"

17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Bullpups.

Hobbit sized guns, the spawn of Satan 😈

14 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I do not agree with hi caps being in here. I think if they are used sensibly then there is no issue. Like Tackle I use hi caps, in fact I tend to only use hi caps but this is because I do not want to have 8 mags on me plus a speed loader and a bb botlle in my dump pouch. 2 hi caps will last me half a day easy as I cannot remember the last time I used full auto in a game.

One of the things which annoys me however is box/drum mags. It might be me but unless they are on a support weapon they tend to be used by the guy who has NO trigger discipline, lighting up all and everything including his own team with 12000 bbs a min!!

Amen Bruvva 👍

I am a proud Hicap hero. They just make a lot more sense to me, especially having to travel via public transport means having less on me the better. 

Now if it was a Milsim, then yes I have the Midcaps available to me if needed. 

Drum and box mags are fine for LMGS. My MG36 is on the fence with this though... Its debatable whether it can be used. 

6 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Cos while they're annoying, & allow some players to take the piss, they do actually work, & are "fit for purpose"

Hobbit sized guns, the spawn of Satan 😈

Amen Bruvva 👍

The users of which have sUmmaTT 'RONG in dem' 'eads. 

No place in the sport?

Gotta be brand new looking white Nikes in a muddy woodland game (normally donned with el cheapo tracksuit).

But I do find it hilarious seeing them slide all over the place falling down at every opportunity.

Just now, hitmanNo2 said:

Think of it as bonus entertainment. 

Indeed, I don't object to it tbh - it just isn't a smart thing to wear to a woodland game so serves no place in the "outdoor" variant of the sport.

3 hours ago, BibbsOnTour said:

I bought a 'kill rag' before I went to my first game because I had watched loads of US games on YouTube... literally haven't used it once in almost 2 years.

I got 2 as freebies ordering off TW gun. Same, never used em.

I think my one would have to be Hi-vis vests/jackets. The idiot players who wear them out in the field often don't even carry a gun, I mean what's that all about? They're always really bad hit takers too and get really stroppy after you light them up a few times.

26 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I got 2 as freebies ordering off TW gun. Same, never used em.

I think my one would have to be Hi-vis vests/jackets. The idiot players who wear them out in the field often don't even carry a gun, I mean what's that all about? They're always really bad hit takers too and get really stroppy after you light them up a few times.

Always standing around doing fuck all as well 🙄

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Tackle said:

What bit of kit do you think has no place in the "sport" ?

There are plenty of tools that I'd like to see banned, but we did that thread recently. ;)

Low caps.

Airsoft isn't real steel, it's not even in the same solar system. They may be OK if you're using airsoft guns as a training to real steel shooting. But they're a complete waste of money for anything else.

Anything that's not a pistol/smg with a barrel shorter than 180/200mm. In particular M4 stubby killers, everybody had one 10 years ago, I have no idea where they came from but they should just burn in hell. The AS03 is fine though, it's a meme gun.

Companies putting proprietary parts in their guns..

That's literally asking tech minded people to not buy your stuff. Especially if the gearbox shell is the same.

Fuck you Ares for your EFCS.

Also fuck you G&G for putting screws on the wrong side of the box.

Archived