Beretta cx4 smg project

HuttArmouries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Surely if you're thinking of chucking a pistol in there, mk23 nbb would be first choice, if there's enough room ?

• Supporters

Looking at the pic, how does the body come apart ?

• Supporters
7 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Unscrews from the other side and comes apart in two pieces. Classic cheap springer or nerf gun style

I thought that might be the case, which is why I mentioned the mk23 nbb, if that wouldn't fit then I'd look at any other nbb, something that doesn't need access to moving parts in the body, simplest fix would be to bed the pistol in to something like expanding foam in each half, tightly shrink wrap the pistol first to protect it, then it would be easy to trim back excess foam, reseat the gun & screw the two sides together, would be very solid.

Obviously it's a bit more involved than I've made it sound, the shell cut out for the pistol grip, ensuring the barrel is correctly aligned etc, but it's what I'd do.

While I agree, switchable fire modes etc would be neat, ultimately We're talking about a cheap & fairly fragile shell (luckily you've got two), but it's a bit like trying to make a silk purse from a pigs ear ?.

Two bodies, two projects, maybe the first a "sniper" set up, a co2 nbb with an extended barrel might fit the bill, higher FPS but simplified in use, if that works out then plan for something more elaborate with the second body ?.

Good luck with whatever you choose, keep us posted with lots of pics.

Mark 👍

1 hour ago, HuttArmouries said:

cx4 has more in common than the m9 than the px4 really. Uses m9 mags. 

Even so it wouldn't be that hard for a company to have made one. But then they will make 100 variations of m4 instead. 

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Even so it wouldn't be that hard for a company to have made one. But then they will make 100 variations of m4 instead. 

real steel CX4 wasn't massively successful not a well known gun other than for Battlestar Galactica  fans

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

To be fair this is a very obscure smg. Its more of a risk to make something like this and airsoft companies exist to make money, not cool guns

So this looks like a pretty damn good fit. next up is making it select fire and either making room for the safety and possibly making it functional. not sure yet. think its gonna need a new mag release too. also going to rewire it to have a battery compartment in the stock.DSCF4288.thumb.JPG.e9e938f75945e184f11307a7b9c9ffd5.JPG

after a lot of trimming the gearbox is sitting ok. going to use epoxy putty to  seat it properly. cross bolt safety is a lost cause as the top of the mag goes straight through it. going to cut it in half and just glue the buttons in to fill the holes so it looks right. 

DSCF4289.thumb.JPG.372313bb54d5bfc9e3b9c6285be1d55b.JPG

• 8 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.