Bulltrigg vsr one piece for VSR

Stodgy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just something I noticed that looks interesting. Especially in light of the custom receiver and outer barrels some of the learned members make on a certain sniper forum. 

It seems that bulltrigg have got involved. Although it seems it’s a two piece that’s been bonded to create a single piece.

My thoughts are this could be good. But it did get me thinking as I have a maple leaf receiver and outer barrel. Could I get it set perfectly and bond the two together myself as once it’s locked in I do not remove the outer barrel and receiver as I can pull the hop and inner barrel out the front and the back end is where the cylinder comes out. Stating the obvious there I grant you.

Be interesting to see what people say one they test this new (not overly original) idea.

*Link doesn't work for me*

So it's not actually a 1 piece, it's a 2 piece that's been bonded? People have been shimming the 2 piece design for years trying to get it that bit more stable.

Reliku even made a REAL 1 piece receiver which are a thing of beauty but cost wise are a real test of your faith in the VSR platform.

For me, the fact that the VSR isn't a single solid CNC'd block of artwork adds to the feel of the rifle.

Link fixed. Apologies. 

Agreed with shimming and the VSR-R alluded to but not stated. 

Might be helpful if someone is looking at a big rebuild with changing receivers and barrels or a ground up build

so a Reliku ripoff but not actually a ripoff?

"Both barrel and receiver are made of aluminum and bonded in a fashion that you can not get them apart so it is essentially one piece"

So it's a onebutactually2 piece kit.

I guess it is too tedious and expensive to machine a single block of aluminum.

Oh, Reliku's one is cheaper, it's actually one single bar of metal and comes with a variety of bits and bobs, including a LRB mod or an integral suppressor spacer.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

so a Reliku ripoff but not actually a ripoff?

"Both barrel and receiver are made of aluminum and bonded in a fashion that you can not get them apart so it is essentially one piece"

So it's a onebutactually2 piece kit.

I guess it is too tedious and expensive to machine a single block of aluminum.

Oh, Reliku's one is cheaper, it's actually one single bar of metal and comes with a variety of bits and bobs, including a LRB mod or an integral suppressor spacer.

I think Reliku's can be specced to come with a TDC as well if you were crazy enough to build one and not put in an AA chamber.

• 1 month later...

Exactly! That's what we were afraid of this unconcious bias among airsoft players. When they hear one piece they are all in but it means nothing... Fact is that if you hold our full upper in your hands you won't realize it is two pieces until I told you. It doesnt wobble, twist, move whatsoever. It also stands forces you can not turn or move it it is 100% stuck. It is essentially one piece...

Florjan from bulltrigg

@Florjan I can understand that and your worries.

For what it’s worth if I was building up a vsr again I would use your product over what I did which was use maple leaf receiver and outer. 

I see the value in a solid join. It’s small margins but I think it removes the variable of the twist and also the issue of flex when screwed into the stock. But that is the difference between a good vsr and an excellent vsr. I see some good vsr’s. Very few excellent ones. 

7 minutes ago, Stodgy said:

@Florjan I can understand that and your worries.

For what it’s worth if I was building up a vsr again I would use your product over what I did which was use maple leaf receiver and outer. 

I see the value in a solid join. It’s small margins but I think it removes the variable of the twist and also the issue of flex when screwed into the stock. But that is the difference between a good vsr and an excellent vsr. I see some good vsr’s. Very few excellent ones. 

Yeah true. This little mistakes or errors are potentiated and at the end they result in not so perfect setup.

@Florjan mucca I for one appreciate what your company are doing. As I said I don’t use your products because I’m not building a rifle. If I did I would because what I have seen they are really good and I do recommend them to others. 

Archived