Post Game Day Ritual

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The title says it all really, what do you after a long day of shooting plastic pellets at the imaginary bad guys. personally it usually involves the ritual burning of the undergarments and a hot shower before falling in to bed.

What about you guys 

Generally I drop everything into the living room and pop straight back out down to the shop to get dinner. 

Come back, bung whatever it is I bought in the oven, pack down equipment into their boxes, wash anything. Eat, then a long bath. 

• Top up gas magazines with gas,
  • Empty any bbs from all magazines
  • Remove magazines/items from elastic/kydex pouches to prevent them getting stretched out
  • Take down and clean then oil my GBBP  
  • Storage charge my lipos
  • Load bearing kit/equipment gets a wipe down if it got dirty but only happens outdoors and even then depends on the site. 
  • clean TRMR base 

Going to start cleaning my AEG barre every game l just need to find somewhere to buy a damn rod from! 

My ritual is more pregame rather than post.

Coffee, leave boots to dry, wash clothes, wash me. If needed, wipe/lube rifs. Eat & whatsapp team mates...

Pre:

OCD pack everything in a pelicase like it's life or death and I won't be returning. Delete browser history.

Spend hours choosing a camo even though I always end up in the same one. Lay it all out in order of putting on.

Double check all rifs I'm taking cycle, check gas/charge bateries. Tell them it'll be OK to ensure they shoot straight and true to the target.

Bless each BB individually and name them all, sacrifice a goat and prey to the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch.

Come in, dump everything in the kitchen, annoy the wife.  Make tea. Decant dirty clothes into appropriate hamper.  Annoy wife by getting the wrong colour in the wrong hamper.  Drink tea.  Clean GBBR, oil GBBR, gas mags.  Make more tea.  Unpack all my stuff, ensure its all serviceable and then repack into appropriate rucksack ready to grab for next game.  Shower.

Post airsoft is always a stop off at a pub with the lads to laugh about the day or life in general.
Get home unload the truck make sure my rifles are clean and lubed.

top up all my gas mags.

go over my rucksack to make sure it’s got everything for the next game day (admin kit, armbands, enough ammo etc).

Chuck anything that needs to be washed in the machine get that going, then straight in the shower.

Have some dinner then proceed to fall asleep on the sofa whilst watching TV with the dog.

8 minutes ago, HardB0iled87 said:

Some form of fast food with my battle buddies for a warm down and to regale each other with tales of our exploits on the field. It's literally a tradition now and generally frowned upon if anyone skips out.

The same for our group but with pub stops, we have certain pubs for each site we frequent.

• Supporters

Depends on the day.

A good day it's order a dominoes as I leave the site, go home, barely get my boots off, stuff my face have a hot bath and immediately fall asleep sometimes without the tedious necessity of getting out of the bath first.

If it's a bad day I'll tidy all the kit out of the car, cook some dinner, put on washing, and maybe get stuck into fixing whatever gun currently needs fixed (either mine or one I've been handed).

What defines good or bad is whether I've been enjoying myself enough to put the effort Into playing full on for the whole day.

Like most it's a case of get home and unpack all my gear. Magazines will be emptied, guns are double checked to ensure that they're clear, batteries and gas are packed away safely. Any other pieces of equipment/gear will be wiped down and hung up/stored and clothes get thrown in the wash. All this is usually capped off with a nice hot shower.

After dragging my arse out the shower it'll be a run to the shop and a take away on the way home under most circumstances. Following this it'll usually consist of sticking on a film and putting feet up with a drink which inevitably turns into snoring on the sofa.

The day after I'll typically clean my guns and double check everything is working as it should.

Rinse and repeat as need.

• Supporters

Quick shower, immediately followed by a hot dinner she'll have waiting for me, usually a spanking roast with all the trimmings, & then doze off in the recliner while she watches the usual Saturday/Sunday night crap...... bliss 😴

The kit can wait til the next day for sorting, if I can be arsed lol

download.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Quick shower, immediately followed by a hot dinner she'll have waiting for me, usually a spanking roast with all the trimmings, & then doze off in the recliner while she watches the usual Saturday/Sunday night crap...... bliss 😴

The kit can wait til the next day for sorting, if I can be arsed lol

download.jpeg

She got a sister?

I hide all my gear under the kitchen table out of the way chuck clothes in the wash, bath n food.

about three days later I will sort out the gear under the table and out in the garage until the next game.

Pre-game - charge Li-pos with a top-up, get stuff from loft. Load magazines. Play 'ip-dip' with my Crye collection, change my mind and then get it all packed up by the door. Put on a suitably gung-ho action film.

Post-game - remove and charge Li-pos, remove BBs, get kit in the emptied washing machine for a cold wash. Lump it all into the loft and enjoy a great s&s.

Almost always drift off quickly that night, only to jolt awake from an 'incoming bb'...

Drop my kit off in the garage, empty mags, remove batteries, recharge Lipos, put guns in the airing cupboard to dry if needed, stretch and limber up before smashing the Mrs like a milk float hitting wall 🍆💦💦💦

Then dinner 👌

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Northman said:

Drop my kit off in the garage, empty mags, remove batteries, recharge Lipos, put guns in the airing cupboard to dry if needed, stretch and limber up before smashing the Mrs like a milk float hitting wall 🍆💦💦💦

Then dinner 👌

Guns in the airing cupboard & a Shag ............

& I thought my missus was a keeper 😋

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Guns in the airing cupboard & a Shag ............

& I though my missus was a keeper 😋

Fucking spoilt. Pot noodle and a wank is the gold standard!

Dump my kit, have a drink, a shower and then usually fall asleep for an hour. Then wake up and remember 40+ year old bodies have muscles and joints and grumble a lot.

Archived