Best Gas for a gas shotgun / Tornado 2 grenade?

paradoxum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been using Nuprol v2.0 gas in both, and lately just been wondering what is best - there's a vid on youtube where they compare them but no nuprol on there and it just seems to be an advertisement for a specific gas. My Tornado 2 grenade says;

Qk4Wefb.jpg

Not heard of 'duster gas', but when the nade detonates it seems to 'finish' spinning a lot faster than I've seen it go off in the trailer they have for it, is there a better type of gas I could be using for it?

It specifically says somewhere to never use nuprol green gas v3 or v4, but I've only got v2 anyway so that's what I've been using.

As for the shotgun, it's this one, it didn't come with a manual at all but the green gas has been working fine with it, although I'm a bit disappointed in the amount of shots I can get out of it with it, will different types of gas give more shots or anything like that? I took the stock off the end of the gun and there's only a tiny little tube where the gas goes but there's plenty of room in there for a bigger uh.. 'chamber'? to hold the gas, I wonder if it's possible to modify it so it can hold more, or will I just end up wrecking the thing?

I have slightly damaged the tiny nozzle on the shotguns gas port, this is what the nozzle looks like;

https://imgur.com/a/L76394L

I wrapped the threading in plumbing tape to make a better seal as I could hear some leakage from it, and now I can fill it up and it's still good to fire 7 days later - but regarding the nozzle itself, does anyone know if it has a specific name where I can get replacement ones, or perhaps even a 'better' one? I suppose the same could be asked regarding the grenade but I'm not taking that apart unless I absolutely have to - it doesn't leak at all.

Thanks in advance,

para

The "Duster Gas" would basically be Nuprol 1.0, Green gas is Nuprol 2.0. I'm not sure how important power is in one of these grenades but particularly this time of year I'd be inclined to keep using Nuprol 2.0.

In regards to the shotgun, I mean technically you could mod anything but it's not something I'd have a crack at. At fair portion of people with gas shotguns go one step further and HPA them, which seems to yield favourable results.

At the end of the day, it's easy to get tied up overthinking these things. Just try to play, enjoy and don't waste too much time and money messing with things that aren't broken.

6 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

The "Duster Gas" would basically be Nuprol 1.0, Green gas is Nuprol 2.0. I'm not sure how important power is in one of these grenades but particularly this time of year I'd be inclined to keep using Nuprol 2.0.

In regards to the shotgun, I mean technically you could mod anything but it's not something I'd have a crack at. At fair portion of people with gas shotguns go one step further and HPA them, which seems to yield favourable results.

At the end of the day, it's easy to get tied up overthinking these things. Just try to play, enjoy and don't waste too much time and money messing with things that aren't broken.

Thanks. You're probably right about the shotgun. It's my tertiary weapon anyway mounted on my back so I don't exactly need it to fire 20 shots or anything on full FPS, I was just kinda hoping there might be larger 'gas chambers' or something I could buy for it and simply replace the tiny one inside the stock so it'll hold more, but yeah I'll just leave it as-is.

I don't want to take the stock off the shotgun again because it has a good seal right now, but the little chamber that (I assume) holds the gas is literally about:

[-------------------------------------------------------------------] this big and slightly larger in diameter, I'm actually surprised I can get as many shots out of it already (I forgot to count last time I tested it but I'm sure it went to at least 15 shots before running out, the thing is after the first 5+ shots the pressure is much lower and shots don't go as far which is what I was thinking of trying to improve. 

As for the grenade still could use any suggestions on that, but I think I'm gonna email AI right now and just ask them what is the best gas I could be using. 

Thanks again.

Edit:

AI got back to me, said nuprol 2.0 gas is fine but seems like I should go with lighter weight BB's eg .20's rather than the .28's I have.

Suggestions for the best place to get a ton of .20's in bulk? where do you guys buy your BB's? For the grenade it really doesn't matter about the 'quality' I guess, just need the cheapest at that weight in bulk I can get.

As for the shotgun though - I've been using .28's in that, and like I say after about 5 or 7 shots they start dropping in range a lot, would I benefit from just filling all the shells with .20's or what? I've never actually used it in combat or anything so I don't really know the range on it with different weights, but the box says it fires 300 to 340 FPS with .20's, stick to those in that? Again it's my tertiary (pulse rifle primary, x-five pistol secondary, shottie on my back as tertiary)

------------------------

The brands I have in .28 are (I just checked they are acutally only .25 so whenever I said .28 I mean .25, are these; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NBEIRDR/ Nuprol .25's

Don't know why I got .28 in my head, but yeah substitute .28 for .25 wherever I said that.

||| Side question;

Whenever I load a fully loaded shell into my shotgun, it *always* seems to release at least 2 BBs, sometimes 3, before even pumping the action on the shotgun (they do not roll out of the barrel) - so when I fire it the first time, if it's on 3 shot it'll fire 5-6, is this a fault, am I loading the shells too heavily? or is this just a thing that happens?

14 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Suggestions for the best place to get a ton of .20's in bulk?

These are what I get, relatively cheap and very nice bb's i have never had any problem with them 

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/asg-airsoft-bulk-buy-cursed-bbs-white-x-12-bags-02g-60000-29406-p.asp

8 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

These are what I get, relatively cheap and very nice bb's i have never had any problem with them 

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/asg-airsoft-bulk-buy-cursed-bbs-white-x-12-bags-02g-60000-29406-p.asp

sweet thanks, seems like a good deal for 60k of .20's. Buy one of those and I'll have enough for my grenades for life.

Any suggestions for .25's or .28's in bulk for my rifle/shotgun? 

Archived