Help me pimp Sharron

Kroshy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right Guys and Girls...

I need your help deciding what to do with my RiF.

I've had RiF called Sharron since July 18. she is a Krytac LVOA-S, stock running a 11.1 LiPo out of the box and it shot an average of 346 fps and is now down to 321 fps and it is now starting to shown signs that a breakdown is on the horizon.

SO... what I want from you guys is what parts to put in it? 🙉

What I want to achieve is 

• better trigger response
  • move from 0.25 bb's to heavier bb's I mostly play in woodland over CQB and have a slight issue with windage
  • Kit the RiSharron out to be suitable with 11.1 LiPo abuse

So post up your recommendations (pref things you've used) and let's see what badass build we can all come up with.

Also, I must mention NO POLORSTAR's 

Once I'm done with the internals, I'll make another thread and do this all over again for the externals and get Sharron looking sexy AF

I'll be editing this post with upgrades that have made the cut ;) 

On 20/11/2019 at 19:35, Kroshy said:

I must point out that Sharron is getting special attention as she was my first RiF and she deserves to be pampered :P

I'm not trying to build the be-all and end-all of all RiF's, I just want Sharron to be the best she can be ;) and if my partner saw this post I'd be dead 😱

MODS that have made the list

• Gate Titan Advanced
  • R-hop
  • Barrel? 

• Supporters

Trigger response would be Titan, on 11.1v it'll be very snappy.

Ammo wise I'd be surprised if she couldn't hop .3's already, but you have some options for the hop. Maple leaf are good for the real heavy ammo although they can take a bit of fettling to get right. Pdi's w hop is a nice drop-in for most setups although struggles above .4's.

The fps drop I'd be looking at air seal, there's a few areas to check, I'm working on a guide but if you check paradoxum's thread about his v6 box I cover the basics of it.

Aside from that I'd leave the box stock- if it ain't broke don't fix it.

13 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Sell it and buy an MWS, you won’t regret it

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

MWS

/thread

What @rocketdogbert and @EvilMonkee said.....

I know this doesn't help your current predicament but once you have seen the light then there is no going back. I went from AEGs to the MWS GBBR and it just is better all round. Range, accuracy, realism, badass-ness and it doesn't sound like a sewing machine!

38 minutes ago, josh200025 said:

Hey on the bright side take out a mortgage and get the MWS, beauty of a gun but the price tag is like Susan Boyle

Hardly.  I got mine for £450 from Fire Support.  On the premium side of things certainly but not that much higher than the average price of a RIF

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Hardly.  I got mine for £450 from Fire Support.  On the premium side of things certainly but not that much higher than the average price of a RIF

Sorry I’ll just add I’m a student, hard to come by money like that when the Rip the arse with accommodation prices...

18 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Trigger response would be Titan, on 11.1v it'll be very snappy.

Ammo wise I'd be surprised if she couldn't hop .3's already, but you have some options for the hop. Maple leaf are good for the real heavy ammo although they can take a bit of fettling to get right. Pdi's w hop is a nice drop-in for most setups although struggles above .4's.

The fps drop I'd be looking at air seal, there's a few areas to check, I'm working on a guide but if you check paradoxum's thread about his v6 box I cover the basics of it.

Aside from that I'd leave the box stock- if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Titan has been mentioned a lot already so it's already on the shortlist. TBH it's the only MOSFET upgrade on the list.

As for the .3's, it struggles to keep a consistent hop on the BB. I was also given advice that Flat hop is a waste of time on anything less than a .4 BB... thoughts? 

FPS drop - I'm having a tech do all of the work as I don't have the time or sufficient knowledge to complete the task due to work and family. So I'll have him sort the AOE, shimming and seals.

19 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Sell it and buy an MWS, you won’t regret it

8 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

MWS

/thread

5 hours ago, RobHedley said:

What @rocketdogbert and @EvilMonkee said.....

I know this doesn't help your current predicament but once you have seen the light then there is no going back. I went from AEGs to the MWS GBBR and it just is better all round. Range, accuracy, realism, badass-ness and it doesn't sound like a sewing machine!

AS for going TM MWS... Nah! I've spent a day playing with one and it's just not for me. I'm lucky in a sense, to have mates that will let me take out the beloved RiF's out in the field. One mate let me play with his Tackelberry Systema and OMG that shoot's like a dream. 

I've also had a dabble with a GBLS and that was a flawless piece of kit... just one MASSIVE issue with both of these guns, the price.. fudge that.

I must point out that Sharron is getting special attention as she was my first RiF and she deserves to be pampered :P

I'm not trying to build the be-all and end-all of all RiF's, I just want Sharron to be the best she can be ;) and if my partner saw this post I'd be dead 😱

Best £££:performance is a hop up bucking. If you’ve got some FPS leeway then a nice Prometheus barrel with it will add that little bit more. For ultimate range and accuracy a MAXX hop unit although I don’t know if they are compatible with a krytac. With all three and some decent weight BB’s you should be at the physical limit of what your gun can do.  (Assuming the cylinder/barrel volume ratio is correct)

a titan  is a good performance upgrade. While I’d prefer increased range/accuracy, a smart mosfet ‘transforms’ the gun. It gives you lots of options to change the fire controls as well as giving a faster trigger response. Pre-cocking is a nice feature for a DMR build too. 

Besides that and Air seal, everything else is pretty much durability upgrades. 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Kroshy said:

Titan has been mentioned a lot already so it's already on the shortlist. TBH it's the only MOSFET upgrade on the list.

As for the .3's, it struggles to keep a consistent hop on the BB. I was also given advice that Flat hop is a waste of time on anything less than a .4 BB... thoughts? 

FPS drop - I'm having a tech do all of the work as I don't have the time or sufficient knowledge to complete the task due to work and family. So I'll have him sort the AOE, shimming and seals.

my general feeling is that if you want functionality then do it properly and get a titan, the precocking will make for excellent trigger response without needing to go hog wild with a high speed build, it's about as close to a polarstar as you can get without being, well, a polarstar. if you just want to protect the contacts then just cheap out on any old basic mosfet.

if you trust your tech it looks like you've got the right list for him to look at, seals for sure will help accuracy.

flathops are ok for any weight but as a general rule i find they have a very close "sweet spot" in adjustment which can be a pain to keep adjusted, hence why i'd preferr some of the more "drop in" styles of buckings.

11 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Best £££:performance is a hop up bucking. If you’ve got some FPS leeway then a nice Prometheus barrel with it will add that little bit more. For ultimate range and accuracy a MAXX hop unit although I don’t know if they are compatible with a krytac. With all three and some decent weight BB’s you should be at the physical limit of what your gun can do.  (Assuming the cylinder/barrel volume ratio is correct)

a titan  is a good performance upgrade. While I’d prefer increased range/accuracy, a smart mosfet ‘transforms’ the gun. It gives you lots of options to change the fire controls as well as giving a faster trigger response. Pre-cocking is a nice feature for a DMR build too. 

i've not used the MAXX unit but it does look very nice and i've heard good things. barrel is a solid shout too, i like PDI's barrels but as long as it's good quality it should make for a nice boost in accuracy.

if everythings put together properly then it should be pretty decent, there is a limit to how much improvement you can get on any gun.

@Adolf Hamster what are PDI AEG barrels like window wise? The ones for gbbr’s/ VSR cut’s seem to have tiny windows, so they’re no good for the likes of maple leaf buckings etc. 

• Supporters

They might be a bit narrower than standard, I've no issues with ml macarons. Ml's aeg hops do have narrower contact patches than their gbb stuff.

That said I also don't have any issues with the autobot/pdi combo in my Makarov.

I would start with a switch to DEANS connectors, and a good service. Krytacs are generally mustard out of the box so you should be okay on the internals front. For accuracy, I run a Prommy barrel with purple bucking and firefly namazu nub. It's not too pricey and should work really well with what you have already so you shouldn't be breaking the bank.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

deans connectors isn't upgrading a gun, it's fixing it.

Agreed, I think manufacturers should offer this as a standard connector. I was suggesting it because Kroshy was looking for a better trigger response and I was trying to prevent his wallet being spanked.

7 hours ago, HardB0iled87 said:

I would start with a switch to DEANS connectors, and a good service. Krytacs are generally mustard out of the box so you should be okay on the internals front. For accuracy, I run a Prommy barrel with purple bucking and firefly namazu nub. It's not too pricey and should work really well with what you have already so you shouldn't be breaking the bank.

This was the first thing the fella at the shop did for me when I got into the sport

On 20/11/2019 at 20:20, Wo1f said:

Thanks for the input :D

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

But Shannons his special gal, he feels he needs to spank his wallet so she'll let him spam her trigger.

This man gets it 💪 But her name is Sharron

TBH I'll be spending more of Sharron than I will on my missus this Christmas 

Archived