Please Watch Out for Ryan Toms !

Sylithics

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

His Instagram profile is tactical_airsoftt which is very much like the Prefired advert. I'll pm his address once it's confirmed if you'd like? 

And he's a member of the airsoft site NPF Bassetts pole. 

What I found also is in that Instagram story is there is a picture of the tm 416 with a pistol all backed out in a smokey kinda lens and if you look at the box it’s a g@g armament.. now when I was getting the pictures of him boxing up etc the box is you guessed it g@g... so on HIS insta the box g@g and the supposedly random guy who took the picture has the same g@g box that he’s boxing up with... caaaaaa mooo haha 

*Pic bottom left says G&G 

E5F5B530-579E-4104-BD87-789B96D0C916.png

4 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

That would be brilliant thank you 

Done a lot of digging around after stolen motorcycles and it's amazing what social media tells you. 

Don't message him, anyone, don't do it, he will likely dissappear down the rabbit hole. Don't message his team, chances are they will just warn him. 

3 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Done a lot of digging around after stolen motorcycles and it's amazing what social media tells you. 

Don't message him, anyone, don't do it, he will likely dissappear down the rabbit hole. Don't message his team, chances are they will just warn him. 

I disagree. Message the team, the site, prefired.

Pressure may mean he pays back at least. Contact the police and prefired first. Then go elsewhere. His team may kick him out, his site may ban him and possibly make other sites aware to his behaviour. Shunned. 

Honestly this guy is thick! Lol we’ve got him on at least 3 counts now.. the towel he used to make the selling page.. is the same in the insta page.. the pistol stands the same he send me and Stephen.. he’s knackered. I want to get him kicked out of every site known to man! He’s a disgrace to the Airsoft community.. just some wee laddie thinking he can do whatever the hell he wants.. not on my watch. I’ll let him sleep on it until I pounce :) 

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I disagree. Message the team, the site, prefired.

Pressure may mean he pays back at least. Contact the police and prefired first. Then go elsewhere. His team may kick him out, his site may ban him and possibly make other sites aware to his behaviour. Shunned. 

The site, yes. His team, no. 

Chased enough stolen motorcycles and shit on Facebook/Instagram ect, while they're dumb enough to leave all their personal info everywhere and happy enough to give it out, it'll be the easiest way of getting the money back. 

Through the police you won't get anything and he will likely not get done, either. 

Been there with some cunt pot with my motorcycle in his back garden, halfway across the country and that still wasn't enough evidence. 

It needs to be dealt with, calmly, non violently but firmly. I. E, being calmly called challenged in person on a game day, ideally red handed with your rifle, and do it with a go pro. Present printed screenshots of it all to him. 

• Supporters

Sorry to hear this.  I got taken for a BFG by a similar cad who was my bestest mate until he had my money, then came the excuses and fake tracking numbers.  The most successful scammers are the ones that you'd least suspect. Now I ask for an explicit PayPal invoice right up front, or just walk away.  £370 though, ouch.

UKARA or the alternatives may have an address for him.  They can disclose it for the purposes of detection of crime.  They probably won't give it to you, but they should to the police / ActionFraud if they bother taking an interest, or if you have a crime number it may be worth asking anyway - just stay polite and factual.

11 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

Hey guys! 

after speaking to the bank for what felt like 2 hours.. I have finally got my money back :) told them everything the address his family the box he sent a picture of, the rug he used to take the pictures.. everything. They put the money in in seconds. On another not as well I said paid threw f&f but in fact it came straight out of my account so I think I got a bit lucky 🍀.. they handled it perfectly. The guy Tom who delt with the call couldn’t of been nicer about things really couldn’t. The police phoned me this morning regarding the issue and I still want to take things further.. he still has the other buyers money Stephen Joyce as he paid threw f&f :( I’m not letting him scam another bloke who is looking for something again. Named and shamed! I’m going to phone all the sites he goes to to get him banned. Until Stephen gets his money back it’s not over yet.  

Also I just want to say a massive thank you to the people who helped me deal with this.. salt of the earth kind of people. I really do appreciate all the looking up, the searches everything. I felt so alone and didn’t have a clue what to do.. but use guys made it right. I’m really grateful for that.  If anyone is around the Edinburgh area in the next couple of weeks for a game of Airsoft at my local I would love that 👌 

cheers again 

Craig 

That's awesome news!

Made up for you dude 😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sylithics said:

Hey guys! 

after speaking to the bank for what felt like 2 hours.. I have finally got my money back :) told them everything the address his family the box he sent a picture of, the rug he used to take the pictures.. everything. They put the money in in seconds. On another not as well I said paid threw f&f but in fact it came straight out of my account so I think I got a bit lucky 🍀.. they handled it perfectly. The guy Tom who delt with the call couldn’t of been nicer about things really couldn’t. The police phoned me this morning regarding the issue and I still want to take things further.. he still has the other buyers money Stephen Joyce as he paid threw f&f :( I’m not letting him scam another bloke who is looking for something again. Named and shamed! I’m going to phone all the sites he goes to to get him banned. Until Stephen gets his money back it’s not over yet.  

Also I just want to say a massive thank you to the people who helped me deal with this.. salt of the earth kind of people. I really do appreciate all the looking up, the searches everything. I felt so alone and didn’t have a clue what to do.. but use guys made it right. I’m really grateful for that.  If anyone is around the Edinburgh area in the next couple of weeks for a game of Airsoft at my local I would love that 👌 

cheers again 

Craig 

That is great news, BUT he's got to be made to "pay", I'm sure the bank will persue him with more clout than you & I, but I'd still out him everywhere, nothing will put more pressure on him than public shaming, especially if sites ban him & his team turns their back on him, which is likely unless they're all a bunch of pikeys.

If anyone is familiar with it (I am but I CBA doing the legwork) there is a very helpful little application available with Kali Linux called Maltego, it may even be on Windows too.  What this will allow you to do is feed it an email address and it will recursively search the whole internet for connections to that email address/Facebook profile etc etc.  May prove useful for someone.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltego

Thank you 

56 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

If anyone is familiar with it (I am but I CBA doing the legwork) there is a very helpful little application available with Kali Linux called Maltego, it may even be on Windows too.  What this will allow you to do is feed it an email address and it will recursively search the whole internet for connections to that email address/Facebook profile etc etc.  May prove useful for someone.......

Thank you mate appreciate it 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Email UKARA, see if they will strip him of it. Next gun he tries to buy will end up scrapped by customs or not sold if in UK.

Are you aware the UKARA number is a proof that he is an airsoft player. Even if he is a scammer scum, he is a player, why would they delete his number? Are they going to be the judge and convict him before the police does and punish him in a completely unrelated way? SJW mentality is just bad.

6 hours ago, Sylithics said:

Hey guys! 

cheers again 

Craig 

What bank & what type of card did you use?

Eg Did they do this due to credit card regulations? (which probably wouldn’t apply to a private sale anyway, and I think PayPal also don’t meet that criteria)

Or due to the banks own fraud policy?

Did they say whether or not they have drawn a ‘charge back’ and thus refunded you, or that they have taken the hit to pursue?

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

What bank & what type of card did you use?

Eg Did they do this due to credit card regulations? (which probably wouldn’t apply to a private sale anyway, and I think PayPal also don’t meet that criteria)

Or due to the banks own fraud policy?

Did they say whether or not they have drawn a ‘charge back’ and thus refunded you, or that they have taken the hit to pursue?

Hello mate I’m not sure what they did to be fair I never asked, I was just happy and relieved I got my money back :) 

cheers 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Sylithics said:

Bank of Scotland mate :) 

That's... particularly impressive.

I couldn't even persuade them that sending "How to spot a fraudulent email" bulk email through a dodgy 3rd party mailing service registered to a caravan park wasn't a great idea.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.