Please Watch Out for Ryan Toms !

Sylithics

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS COMPLETE PRICK OR HAS HAD A RUN IN WITH HIM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS HES NOT GETTING AWAY WITH IT 

Hello guys, not sure I’ve seen his name on here but he was on that freeadds classified. Basically was in the process of buying my first tm 416 rifle    Was talking to him for a good while just about guns etc. On the topic of Tm’S and he said he had one laying about that he wasn’t using. So I said I would take it no problem.  Long story short he’s a conman.. complete conman. He’s done this before, many times it makes me wonder.. 370 pounds he took of my to send a crappy plastic stand. I’m in bits. Just before Xmas as well. Phoned PayPal and they said nothing can be done as he wanted it threw f&f.. what a idiot I am I know. The level of trust I had in this guy was unreal. Basically best pals just chatting away. I’ve lost nearly 400 pounds so I don’t want anyone else doing the same. 

image.jpg

• Supporters

Sorry you've been scammed mate.......

BUT never do friends & family in a sales deal, unless it's an amount you can afford to risk/lose.

im guessing you don't have a return address for this lowlife either ?

Sorry to hear about this mate,

As Tackle asked, do you have his home address at all? Regardless of PP refusing to refund you, you should be able to launch small claims court proceedings in order to get the money back - it does require an address though.

Another thing to do - raise this with ActionFraud as they're responsible for investigating online fraud cases like this. You should be able to get a ref number from them which you can then give to PayPal/your bank if you want to try and recover funds through them still.

Just can’t believe it really, he seemed like a nice enough guy but I should of seen it was too good to be true.. thanks very much for your help guys I do appreciate it a lot. :) 

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

What? 

Your picture has your name and address on it.  May want to change it for one without that information on it, i.e. reverse side of packet.

• Supporters

Also, the packaging your "TM" arrived in, while it won't give his address, it may have something on it that indicates where it was posted from, as I see it's the type of label only the post office prints out.

its only a small lead, but it may help to narrow down approximately where he is, plus the ActionFraud ref may then allow you to get confirmation if the paypal address linked to his account is genuine ?.

at this point anything is worth trying.

ps. Is that a pistol stand he sent you ?, again a small crumb but it may indicate he's a player rather than a professional scammer, & therefore may present other opportunities to track him down.

got a link to the original thread on freeads ?

Was bored so had a wander round the internet... Only Ryan Toms into airsoft I could find was in Brum.
He's on FB and has a few old ads on usedairsoft (a year old, but usefully have his address).
Might not be the same bod, but you never know...
That's if the guy actually used his own name, obviously.

Thank you guys, I’ve been threw to action Fraud and sold my story, told them everything that happened. I’ll have a look into that Facebook sight as anything is worth having at this minute in time :) seems like a dodgy name tho Ryan Toms.. but you never know he mite be dumb enough to use his real name... 

Tackle.. no I don’t I wish I did! That’s long gone now which sucks :( that’s the gun there he was selling for 370 odds.. can’t believe I bought into it. He was saying things like he’s tired of the aeg role and going to buy a srs so he must know what he’s talking about surely.. plus as you said he sent two pistol stands. So yeah he must be a player.. 

D87C5BE3-7848-462D-8A11-BBC02C7F7B11.png

Do you have his address or a link I can find of him on fb? Mite be nothing I guess.. 

All I know CE1FDCA4-E081-4AEB-8362-E03079290562.thumb.png.fa5ea5004bf2bd82551eae7ae022f8ae.png

He’s been saying he’s been framed, that someone who knows him personally has done this but doesn’t know who... lol he’s not the smartest cookie ever but we will find out. If someone has been doing this to him surely he would let the world know?? His gf didn’t know about this. I just want some dam justice especially since he’s done it to me and someone else.. 

this has happened to me and a boy named Stephen Joyce.. I’m speaking to him now. 

BEFAC98A-6B50-4CEE-9544-1FFFB1DDEA14.png

• Supporters

Ryan Tom's on FB is Birmingham ?, What does Ryan Whitehouse mean ?

4 hours ago, Sylithics said:

IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS COMPLETE PRICK OR HAS HAD A RUN IN WITH HIM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS HES NOT GETTING AWAY WITH IT 

Hello guys, not sure I’ve seen his name on here but he was on that freeadds classified. Basically was in the process of buying my first tm 416 rifle    Was talking to him for a good while just about guns etc. On the topic of Tm’S and he said he had one laying about that he wasn’t using. So I said I would take it no problem.  Long story short he’s a conman.. complete conman. He’s done this before, many times it makes me wonder.. 370 pounds he took of my to send a crappy plastic stand. I’m in bits. Just before Xmas as well. Phoned PayPal and they said nothing can be done as he wanted it threw f&f.. what a idiot I am I know. The level of trust I had in this guy was unreal. Basically best pals just chatting away. I’ve lost nearly 400 pounds so I don’t want anyone else doing the same. 

image.jpg

Look on the bright side, that's a fantastic camo paint job on the 416...

In all seriousness, I'll have a looksie. I have had a few people try it on lately, one even involved an old obscure classic gun. I very nearly fell for that one. 

Hard to look on the bright side when some cunt is away with nearly 400 pounds of my money you twat. Not the time now mate honestly.. I’m just trying to get my money back plus stop this from happening again. Cheers 

9 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

Hard to look on the bright side when some cunt is away with nearly 400 pounds of my money you twat. Not the time now mate honestly.. I’m just trying to get my money back plus stop this from happening again. Cheers 

1. Check out Prefired. The original advert is here. Worth getting in touch with this guy, it does look like his advert has been cloned. 

2. If you're without a gun now and in the Midlands, then you would be more than welcome to borrow one of mine probably a type 97, for a couple of months till you've either got money back or sorted it. 

Screenshot_20191118-213959.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

Thank you for your help appreciate it :) 

I not actually a twat. 

Worth mentioning that Prefired log the ip of sellers too. Get in touch with the owners/admins of the site.

There's a chance they are the same people too, I don't know how many photos are floating about. 

It’s just the fact, this boy likes Airsoft, has the same gun on his Facebook page and I was sent the picture on WhatsApp.. has the same name.. and someone used his address.. if someone did This to me and I knew about it I would be posting it everywhere saying it’s a scam it isn’t me! But he just gets defensive and says he will need to block me if I keep asking me questions.. what else can I do? I have no other person it can be and if it isn’t him how does he not know who it is?? Christ the same page is still on usedairsoft.com under 416! 

4 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I not actually a twat. 

Worth mentioning that Prefired log the ip of sellers too. Get in touch with the owners/admins of the site.

There's a chance they are the same people too, I don't know how many photos are floating about. 

Sorry mate not the time to be making jokes on someone’s post when they’ve been scammed for all there money is it? Cheers 

6 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

It’s just the fact, this boy likes Airsoft, has the same gun on his Facebook page and I was sent the picture on WhatsApp.. has the same name.. and someone used his address.. if someone did This to me and I knew about it I would be posting it everywhere saying it’s a scam it isn’t me! But he just gets defensive and says he will need to block me if I keep asking me questions.. what else can I do? I have no other person it can be and if it isn’t him how does he not know who it is?? Christ the same page is still on usedairsoft.com under 416! 

Sorry mate not the time to be making jokes on someone’s post when they’ve been scammed for all there money is it? Cheers 

I'm sorry if it wound you up, wasn't the intention. 

Sounds like it is him. As I said, Prefired log IP addresses. 

Interesting he uses both Birmingham and London. 

I do a lot of skulking about on the sales groups, though usually for rare old stuff, if I find anything from him I'll send it your way. 

Thanks a million and don’t worry you were just having a laugh, I’m just really upset still as I’ve used PayPal Ebay for ten plus years all nice guys girls I’ve dealt with and now this.. right before Xmas.. not getting away with it not w chance 

I would of thought so.. but to sell on to not just me but another guy hell maybe more than two guys is just unbelievable.. and to think he thinks he’s going to get away with it. Would love to hear the phone call when the police phone. I’ll get my money back no questions 

I quickly done a reverse image search and not much comes up. It appears he's been found to be around the birmingham area, possibly see if there are any sites he might frequent and ask owners if they know of him/ seen him playing you may well end up finding his local site and getting somewhere with it. 

Either way I understand you've been onto action fraud, the other people you should talk to are the police and ask their recommended course of action. I had a similar issue where a buyer of a very expensive mountain bike claimed they had not received the bike (I had delivered it in person) and clawed their money back through paypal, once I had a crime reference number the paypal dispute disappeared. As @Cromulon1994 mentioned email prefired as they will log his IP for the user who posted the advert on there. 

You may need to start building evidence for a case as ActionFraud and the police prefer an open/shut case as it's less work for them and you may end up with a resolution a lot sooner. I would also call Paypal again and advise them of all reference numbers from Action fraud and the police and request as much information as they will give you. They should be able to give you an IP address as it's a single piece of information which cannot be used to deduce the persons identity.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.