Bought a faulty item how long should I give them to respond?

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought two pistol magazines but when I received them and tested them with gas one of them was pissing gas out the base plate. I bought these from a reputable Airsoft company in the uk but they’ve not responded to me how long should I give them to respond? I emailed them with a video of the problem and left a voicemail on there answer machine ( calls just go to answer machine) last thursday, on Saturday I seen they posted something on there fb page so I messaged them through fb messenger but have had no reply through that either. 

I'd give them a week from the first message/call/mail, so next Thursday in your case.

That's plenty of time for them to read and get back to you (even if it's to say feck off wanka).

• Supporters

What "reputable company" are we talking about here ?, to me anyone who has a phone number that ONLY goes to answerphone is already letting it's customers down.

To then apparently ignore the OP's numerous messages, far from professional ?.

Had a response now but instead of offering a replacement has offered to repair it if I return it.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Allen428 said:

Had a response now but instead of offering a replacement has offered to repair it if I return it.

Base plate repairs are generally piss easy, valves a smidge more technical, but ultimately it's faulty & should be replaced not repaired, & everything at his cost.

Tell him you want a new one, or a full refund including all postage costs , as is your right, some  Airsoft retailers have got to get it in to their apparently thick skulls that they are subject to all the same rules as any other form of retailers.😡 

& We still don't know who the retailer is ?

iirc by law they are required to repair or replace  (companys are not required to refund that is usually their choice) probably repairing it works out as best value as likely it just requires taking apart and plumbers tape. then again iv discovered some webstes if you reply with some form f pic proof they will accept that straight away and refund way quicker

name and shame and see how reputable this site is...

What mags are we talking about? If it's something like a hi-capa mag just pop the base off, half turn of a screw and you're golden. Not great on a new mag but at least you'd be prepared on how to maintain them in 6-9 months time when they'd need a tighten anyway.

On 24/11/2019 at 08:10, remus said:

iirc by law they are required to repair or replace  (companys are not required to refund that is usually their choice) probably repairing it works out as best value as likely it just requires taking apart and plumbers tape. then again iv discovered some webstes if you reply with some form f pic proof they will accept that straight away and refund way quicker

name and shame and see how reputable this site is...

Bespoke Airsoft I’ve only ever heard good things about them but I certainly won’t be buying any thing from him again, it’s been nearly two weeks and it’s still not resolved. 

4 hours ago, Allen428 said:

Bespoke Airsoft I’ve only ever heard good things about them but I certainly won’t be buying any thing from him again, it’s been nearly two weeks and it’s still not resolved. 

What mags for which gun?

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

What mags for which gun?

Hi capa mag, the main gasket/oring is deformed, I can order a new one but I shouldn’t have to as it’s a new mag and I am quite shocked from the after sales support from someone who seams to have a good following/reputation.

98BF46E9-409E-46F7-B008-7484A4BB9B95.jpeg

4 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

By disassembling the product you have in most cases voided any warranty you had and any requirement for the company to take the item back 

I only did it under his instructions and I was happy to send it back without touching it. Now he doesn’t seem to want to respond.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, 1st commando said:

By disassembling the product you have in most cases voided any warranty you had and any requirement for the company to take the item back 

Why?

Well, that's shoddy by them, and no mistake. I'd slap some RTV gasket maker in there and get on with my life though.

20 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Why?

Well, that's shoddy by them, and no mistake. I'd slap some RTV gasket maker in there and get on with my life though.

That pretty standard across all industries . If you take apart your xbox one or smart phone don't expect the warranty to cover you.

Obviously in this case the Op did it by instruction of the retailer so it's a whole different thing now 

1 hour ago, 1st commando said:

Obviously in this case the Op did it by instruction of the retailer so it's a whole different thing now 

If he can prove it, yes.

• Supporters

Sod it, message him you'll sort it yourself (it's an easy fix), but as a result your gonna rip the pee out of his company (which you've essentially already done here with this thread), on every forum, social media & review website, as a thank you for "great" response & customer service, & then give him the day to remedy it properly (send out some spare seals/partial refund, that kinda thing), gonna be cheaper for him than all that bad publicity 🤔

On 27/11/2019 at 11:41, Allen428 said:

I only did it under his instructions and I was happy to send it back without touching it. Now he doesn’t seem to want to respond.

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Sod it, message him you'll sort it yourself (it's an easy fix), but as a result your gonna rip the pee out of his company (which you've essentially already done here with this thread), on every forum, social media & review website, as a thank you for "great" response & customer service, & then give him the day to remedy it properly (send out some spare seals/partial refund, that kinda thing), gonna be cheaper for him than all that bad publicity 🤔

That's a dick move.

I'm starting to think none of you has actually ran a shop.

There is this retarded misconception that since you bought something from X store, the whole store has to be at your service 24/7 and sort every issue in a matter of seconds.

Holy fucking shit guys, chill.

James may not be busy 24/7 but I'm pretty sure Allen isn't the only customer he has to deal with.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Skara said:

That's a dick move.

I'm starting to think none of you has actually ran a shop.

There is this retarded misconception that since you bought something from X store, the whole store has to be at your service 24/7 and sort every issue in a matter of seconds.

Holy fucking shit guys, chill.

James may not be busy 24/7 but I'm pretty sure Allen isn't the only customer he has to deal with.

Dude, this thread is ten days old, we're talking about a seal on a mag, for the retailer that's pennies (plus postage) to sort, shouldn't take ten days & probably a dozen messages .

Every happy customer is worth their weight in gold, they're the ones who make recommendations & keep coming back.

While I haven't run an Airsoft business, I have run a successful business, remedying problems varies according to cost & complexity, on that basis this one is a piece of piss & should have been sorted in a couple of days tops.

As for James apparently now "ignoring" the OP, now that's a Dick move.

IMHO

• Supporters

What I'm confused by is a seller saying that they'll repair it if it's posted back to them, rather than just popping a new seal in the post (given that OP has already disassembled it).  Surely that's cheaper than their time, or the return postage on the magazine.

On 28/11/2019 at 18:32, Rogerborg said:

What I'm confused by is a seller saying that they'll repair it if it's posted back to them, rather than just popping a new seal in the post (given that OP has already disassembled it).  Surely that's cheaper than their time, or the return postage on the magazine.

I did say to him if he could send replacement seal I would of fitted it my self especially as he wasn’t offering to pay the postage for me to return the magazine for him to fix it. Plus it took him another 5 days to respond so I’ve just fixed it my self.

Archived