Wiring G&G ETU (G2) to Gate NanoHard Mosfet

QuadCrampz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys,

I'm having a go at a little project after a friend of mine removed his G&G G2 ETU and replaced it with a gate titan. Rather than throw the ETU away I took it off his hands and have successfully (mechanically speaking) installed it into my setup. The issue I am having is connecting the ETU's 4-cable signal wire system to the Gate NanoHard 2-cable signal wires. I can only get my rifle to fire in full auto which is a problem for the sites I play at.

Does anyone know if the G2 Mosfet that comes with the ETU physically controls the power sent to the motor based on the signals sent from the ETU? Or is the ETU a micro-circuit that I could reconfigure to only 

Here's what I have done:

- Permanently bridged the "empty mag" function switch on the ETU to recreate always having bbs in the mag. (and because my pal, in his infinite wisdom cut the switch off the PCB!)

- Correctly Installed ETU into my ICS CXP-APE V2 Gearbox.

- Guided 4-wire signal system to my rear wired Gate NanoHard.

- Connected the Ground and "Switch 1" wires to the 2 signal wire posts on the Gate NanoHard

Issue:

- Gun only has safe/full auto functionality. Single-shot still fires full auto.

- I don't know how the original ETU works and if the MOSFET that came with the G2 gearbox (that I don't have access to) was needed to control the ETU or if it uses the other two wires for diagnostics only?

Bit of a complicated one, but I can always just chuck the standard trigger and contacts back in. I'd just prefer the ETUs microswitch as it's much more consistent!

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Supporters

The original ETU - and by that I mean the Electronic Trigger Unit inside box

has one power/supply that is sent to all 3 original switches trigger, selector position & Cut Off Lever

so in the end the mosfet unit receives back 3 signals on/off from the 3 switches

which the mosfet/control unit then processes accordingly

the mag empty switch would I think basically kill or break/open the trigger circuit so it no longer fires

(or no longer sends a signal back to unit even if trigger is pulled coz mag switch has "opened" the circuit)

The selector plate in ETU guns are semi only - meaning the COL is always popping each cycle

or the selector plate has the extra material removed for a DMR mod

if you go back to old school then an ETU selector will need replacing for old school full auto to function

I did look into using two resistors in a "latching" or 2 way switch/latch circuit

but my electronic knowledge is not that intense and despite a few bench tests on proto boards

the actual latching never quite performed exactly as intended...

The idea is the gun cycles or latches until COL pops and ensures the gun is always finished its cycle

(so gun even in auto never stops with COL still raised or dead trigger in semi)

yeah it didn't quite work as intended

What you propose sounds like a lot of work when the Perun++ unit would be the easiest & sensible option

and be about same space as Nano-Hard

https://www.airsoftworld.net/perun-g-g-etu-upgrade-kit-programmable-drop-in-mosfet-deans.html

somewhere there is a 5% discount code too - lot easier solution

5% code might still work: AWFF1102312012

and fit gate Nano to a conventional gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.