Vietnam MilSim

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Normally I would say Google it your ruddy self but as I have an interest.....

Yes, there is a Vietnam Airsoft scene.  The best games are usually laid on by Gunman Airsoft down in Eversley near Hook in Hampshire.  Usually 3 or so games per year. Look them up on Facebook.  They are NOT milsims though - they are FilmSims, go look at their ruleset.  Limited ammo, medics etc etc.  There is another called Op Dustoff that uses the same site but is ran independently.  Usually runs twice a year.  

Eversley is the perfect site for Vietnam games as it really is a bit of a jungle especially during the summer.  Plus they have built a large firebase there which is simply awesome.

Apocalypse Airsoft in Kent runs a Vietnam Milsim at least once a year (sometimes twice)

Good little Milsim this, stripped back to basics / No Gucci Gear & not NVG / Thermal etc.

No surprises the re-enactors of the world go hard for this Milsim!! 

Worth dropping the Apoc guys a note

Mike 

• Supporters

Is this the sort of milsim where you'd turn up with that HPA'd M4 you were asking about?

I'd suggest that the first thing that you do is to actually go and play some airsoft.  A hoody and a rental gun is just fine to get you started.  See if you enjoy it first before making any big plans around it.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Is this the sort of milsim where you'd turn up with that HPA'd M4 you were asking about?

I'd suggest that the first thing that you do is to actually go and play some airsoft.  A hoody and a rental gun is just fine to get you started.  See if you enjoy it first before making any big plans around it.

Well at the Gunman games he would be told where to go to unless it was a period weapon.  Easy for us PAVN/VC lads as they used whatever they could get, less so for the Yanks who are pretty limited to M16A1 or captured AKs

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2019 at 13:34, EvilMonkee said:

Easy for us PAVN/VC lads as they used whatever they could get, less so for the Yanks who are pretty limited to M16A1 or captured AKs

I always hated the 'captured' rule at my local WWII site, back in the day. It always looked just plain wrong to me seeing Germans playing with Thompsons and 1911's, because they always performed better than MP40's and Lugers...............At least I did hate it, until I bought a PPSH-41 to go with my German kit (Eastern Front look)............which was all correct, apart from the wood-stocked TM M14 I told everyone looked like a Gewehr 43 if they squinted their eyes and just believed....................did I mention I had double-standards? Lol

I remember another local site running a Vietnam themed milsim years ago. The kit was great looking................except the vast majority were in Air Cav grunt uniforms, with hardly any VC/NVA, because nobody wanted to wear black PJ's and a big hat, as it didn't look as cool. A bit too one-sided unfortunately.

I've heard first hand experiences of some big milsims in recent years being too one-sided as well. Majority want to be US/UK SF with NVG's during the night, with very few wanting to be Taliban etc and at a major disadvantage after dark and in low numbers.

The stupid big hat thing is a Holywood-ism.  Look at any historic pictures of VC and they will be wearing boonies.  TBH the VC did use anything and everything.  The PAVN got the new kit supplied by the Chinese and the VC got whatever was left. 

• Supporters

And VC is short for Việt gian cộng sản which is a Saigon propaganda name meaning "Communist traitors to Vietnam", and yet here we are all using it.

Filmsim is fine and fun, and from the fury of the threadcounters, o Lord deliver us.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

And VC is short for Việt gian cộng sản which is a Saigon propaganda name meaning "Communist traitors to Vietnam", and yet here we are all using it.

Filmsim is fine and fun, and from the fury of the threadcounters, o Lord deliver us.

VC/Viet Cong was a very political term.

The SOE spent time with Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh in WW2 as part of the anti Japanese guerillas, and Ho intended his Declaration of Independence from the French to be very similar to the Americans.

In early days America was very anti European empire rebuilding and supportive of independent movements.

Political spin was used wisely pointing towards communist ideals and the rest became history.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some lads over here in Ireland trying to get a Vietnam game organised. It seems like it’s gonna be up North rather than down south. Just hoping my seal kit is finished by time it runs.

• Supporters

When I play a Vietnam themed game I'm gonna buck the trend, working on a Ho Chi Minh loadout, so far I've only got the grey hair & the bamboo chair though 😜

download (2).jpeg

Archived