Gas Magazine Tip...

Sawyer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

aside from servicing you shouldn't really be seeing this anyway, you just keep the mags gassed and it'll be grand.

I keep mine gassed, but I guess from time to time you'll run a mag down to empty.

This does work, but if you keep your mags gassed then it should never occur. I’ve only ever had to do it twice in all my airsofting. So it’s a fix to a problem you shouldn’t be letting happen. 

43 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

This does work, but if you keep your mags gassed then it should never occur. I’ve only ever had to do it twice in all my airsofting. So it’s a fix to a problem you shouldn’t be letting happen. 

Fair, so it's not something that would happen from shooting a mag empty of gas?

1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

Fair, so it's not something that would happen from shooting a mag empty of gas?

I very rarely had a mag out when firing. When it starts to feel sluggish I tend to swap it out and refill it with gas when I get chance. It can happen any time you’ve ran out of gas as there’s no positive pressure in the mags anymore 

11 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I very rarely had a mag out when firing. When it starts to feel sluggish I tend to swap it out and refill it with gas when I get chance. It can happen any time you’ve ran out of gas as there’s no positive pressure in the mags anymore 

Okay cheers! Never really run down the MWS mags, but the WE MP5 mags it's often.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for bringing up an oldish thread but I've run down my KJW m9 mags to empty about 3 times now due to them not actually getting through all of the mag before running out of gas (1 mag did, 1 mag made 19/22 and one only about 14/22). Doesn't seem to have any leakage issues but I am now keeping them in storage with a small amount of gas in as I didn't realise you were supposed to before hand.

Archived