Would I be making a mistake

Cromulon1994
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a realsword type 97. I can't fault it, at all. 

But, I usually use gas rifles and the last AEG I had was a skorpion, and that had the stop on empty feature. 

I really miss this. 

I'm looking towards TM Recoils, what about the bolt series? 

Any other recommendations? 

I may even go "fuck it" and buy the northeast gbb sten. 

In all scenarios the realsword gets sold. 

• Supporters

Just NO, by your own admittance you can't fault the t97, which on its own is a good enough reason to keep it.

Keeping it as a perfect back up to your gbb's is another reason.

If you do flog it to finance a gas gun, that then turns in to an unreliable money pit, how pissed are you gonna be, lol, a lifetime of regret 😭

• Supporters

Tm recoils or the KWA ERGs are both excellent options. The type 97s are very good too though and definitely makes it a hard decision.

Look around at your local site, the TMs are pretty common so you should be able to have a go on someone's if you ask nicely- then you can do a direct comparison

Anyone else read the article latest Airsoft Action regarding a couple of new guns BOLT are bringing out.  Hk416 & M16A4.  Author does go into the bad rep BOLT has but was asked to review these two new guns and he came away surprised.  BOLT seem to have taken on the bad rep their guns have and worked to improve them.  Now I do take everything a read in magazines with a pinch of salt. (paid advertising etc...)  But anyone tried/seen/played with these two new offerings from BOLT?  (Could always do with a M16A4.)  :)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Monkman said:

Anyone else read the article latest Airsoft Action regarding a couple of new guns BOLT are bringing out.  Hk416 & M16A4.  Author does go into the bad rep BOLT has but was asked to review these two new guns and he came away surprised.  BOLT seem to have taken on the bad rep their guns have and worked to improve them.  Now I do take everything a read in magazines with a pinch of salt. (paid advertising etc...)  But anyone tried/seen/played with these two new offerings from BOLT?  (Could always do with a M16A4.)  :)

I've not tried any of their new stuff and they may well have improved. However i'd take a magazine review with an extra large bucket of salt as you say- I don't think they ever put out a negative review. 

It's been said by Mr hibert that if something is really bad they just won't print it. So yes always good rewiews because they don't print bad. So if not seen in AA then it could be bad. 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Keldon said:

It's been said by Mr hibert that if something is really bad they just won't print it. So yes always good rewiews because they don't print bad. So if not seen in AA then it could be bad. 

So essentially they still do their readers a disservice by NOT making them aware of crap kit they HAVE reviewed.

👎

I think really, I really deeply desire one of the GBB sten. My first airsoft gun was an agm sten. 

Im wondering if there's a way of buying one and not flogging the type 97, and forgot I could just sell the vp70.

Duh. 

I've had a few gbb rifles and never had a problem child one at all Tackle. 

If you want to talk money pits I once bought a rotax ccm supermoto. *shudders

If you really want the sten then go for it. What I will say is do your research. From the perspective of someone who’s never owned one but likes gbbr’s, I have concerns about the horizontal mag. In my head you’d have lots of liquid propane entering the nozzle unless it has some design feature preventing it. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I've had a few gbb rifles and never had a problem child one at all Tackle. 

Ssshhhh, don't tempt fate.

I'm AEG guy, but even if I wasn't I think I'd always keep at least one that I trusted as a back up for when all else fails, in fact I have got one, my TM m4s, prob most dependable workhorse I've owned.

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If you want to talk money pits I once bought a rotax ccm supermoto. *shudders

Lol, know them well, should have held out for the Suzuki powered lump .

35 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Ssshhhh, don't tempt fate.

I'm AEG guy, but even if I wasn't I think I'd always keep at least one that I trusted as a back up for when all else fails, in fact I have got one, my TM m4s, prob most dependable workhorse I've owned.

Lol, know them well, should have held out for the Suzuki powered lump .

At least you can get some power out of the rotax.

It was the electrics mostly, the fact that the loom contained block connectors as standard from the factory. 

And the tiny matter of binning it at Curborough sprint circuit in a "watch this" moment. 

I have a TL1000R now. I don't learn. 

• Supporters

Lol, is the "R" the one they were calling the "death machine" ? , on account of all the middle aged born agains that bought them & then we're later found dead in ditches all round the country.

I'm dribbling over a dorsoduro 1200 at the mo, not mine ........

Yet🤪

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, is the "R" the one they were calling the "death machine" ? , on account of all the middle aged born agains that bought them & then we're later found dead in ditches all round the country.

Widowmaker I think it was! 

Proof that Middle aged born again bikers need to stick to Harleys, because no one else should bloody buy one 😂

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Widowmaker I think it was! 

Proof that Middle aged born again bikers need to stick to Harleys, because no one else should bloody buy one 😂

😭Thanks for that, just reminded me I'm getting old, saw a Fat Bob in the summer & actually quite liked it lol

12 hours ago, Tackle said:

😭Thanks for that, just reminded me I'm getting old, saw a Fat Bob in the summer & actually quite liked it lol

It was the 1997 TL 1000 S that killed a press rider, and threw a few yuppies into some hedges. They made the TLS less powerful after 97, made the R and made it more powerful.... I had an rsv mille which I took to the Isle of man this year, the TLR is like a less refined, more powerful version of it.

Like the mille had a couple of beers and a bag of beak. It's worse but more entertaining. 

I briefly had a triumph sprint 1050 this year... Zzzzzzzz... 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

It was the 1997 TL 1000 S that killed a press rider, and threw a few yuppies into some hedges. They made the TLS less powerful after 97, made the R and made it more powerful.... I had an rsv mille which I took to the Isle of man this year, the TLR is like a less refined, more powerful version of it.

Like the mille had a couple of beers and a bag of beak. It's worse but more entertaining. 

I briefly had a triumph sprint 1050 this year... Zzzzzzzz... 

I'm banned from the really sporty stuff (by the missus not the plod), I liked the speed a little tooooo much, plus damaged my back in my only "off" 20 yrs ago, which doesn't really improve with time, so now it's dual purpose/supermoto bikes for me, anything with a more upright position.

Luckily my wife knows feck all about bikes/cars, so as long as something doesn't look too quick, she'll assume it's not (hence why I'm looking at a Dorsoduro), like when I bought a scooby wrx sti, I'm like "nah babe, course it's not fast, it's an estate ffs" 😏............ended up she she liked it more than me, I'd come home from work to an empty tank, she'd used my scooby instead of her jeep.

IMG_4874.JPG

Archived