Upcoming TM AK GBBR

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I really don't understand why they did a Gen 4 glock, at least a Gen 5 would have had some substantial differences between it and the current Glock 17.

TM make some strange choices.

Also, until TM do the right thing and release a GBBR MP5, I will complain.

I don't understand why they're releasing an AK. 

I can't see it being better than GHK, certainly not if it's pot metal. 

Can't even be arsed to look at another glock. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I don't understand why they're releasing an AK. 

I can't see it being better than GHK, certainly not if it's pot metal. 

Can't even be arsed to look at another glock. 

It's a TM and an AK, they'll be decent enough performance-wise and will sell by the bucketload. Might not be the single best option out there but the reasoning behind it is more than solid

If its the MWS system it will be superb.  I am kinda surprised its an AKM and not a AK47 like their recoils.  Surprised and pleased.  I will be buying one in any event cos 1. I love me an AKM and 2. I love me a GBBR.  Even though I have a GHK.......It will be good but ina  different way to the GHK, which is fine.

Ghk will probably be more rugged externally, but the TM will be a top level skirmish gun out of the box. 

Was the AK47 ever really used? I thought it was made, found to be too expensive and revised into the AKM? And thats what everyone and his dog uses now. 

11 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Ghk will probably be more rugged externally, but the TM will be a top level skirmish gun out of the box. 

Was the AK47 ever really used? I thought it was made, found to be too expensive and revised into the AKM? And thats what everyone and his dog uses now. 

Its a wee bit complex.

First AKs were stamped steel - Type 1.  Soviets couldn't get the technology correct - now extremely rare

So they went to completely milled out receivers - Type 2 - which is what an 'AK47' really is.  

They then fixed the production issues with the stamped steel and modernised the gun - AKM - of which millions were made and most people recognise as an AK.

Strangely, Marui went for Type 2 for the AEGs, but have gone to Type 3/AKM for the GBBR.  I much prefer the AKM as you can potentially do more with it.  I envisage probably buying a couple and keeping one as a stock AKM and building the other as an RPK.  Hmmm I wonder if Armourer Works will be releasing one of their drum mags for it........

24 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Hmmm I wonder if Armourer Works will be releasing one of their drum mags for it.......

Unlikely, they don’t make one for any other TM rifle 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Unlikely, they don’t make one for any other TM rifle 🤷🏼‍♂️

More custom work for you then mate! 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

I'd really like to see a less tactical AK74 option, just a bog standard AK74M without all the ridiculous unnecessary AR style stock. 

Agreed, you can always tack that stuff on afterwards if thats your thing.

Archived