Wish now I had bought a gbbr.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I had known my skirmishing days were numbered, I would have bought one gbbr instead of three aegs.

Low mag capacity is not a problem when you are just plinking, and the experience of shooting gas guns is so much more satisfying than that of shooting aegs. Cool down effect is not such a problem when you are shooting on a range indoors. I no longer have any need for hicap magazines, and though I love the appearance of my LCTs, I could have got a GHK AK which has LCT  externals. And I wouldn't have had to shell out on half a dozen or more expensive gas mags. Two or three would have been more than sufficient. I also feel more comfortable disassembling mechanical gas powered guns than electric guns. I know eff all about electricity and wiring.

But selling in order to buy is just so much hassle that I can't be bothered now. The second hand market is crap and you end up spending even more money. I'd probably have to sell all three aegs at bargain basement prices (even though two of them have never been skirmished) and then still have to find extra money to finance a GHK AK and an extra mag.  And then more money for some stronger replacement parts for those areas of the gun that need them.

Yet  I am still tempted from time to time by the WE G 39 and the Apache MP5. The former is available cheap as chips from KY Airsoft and the latter is also at a very tempting price.

But then you get stung by Customs. Must stop looking at the adverts and youtube reviews.

I enjoy shooting my pistols much more than my aegs now. AEGs are great for skirmishing but not really plinkers. I can see a future for them as wall hangers only.

10 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

If I had known my skirmishing days were numbered, I would have bought one gbbr instead of three aegs.

Low mag capacity is not a problem when you are just plinking, and the experience of shooting gas guns is so much more satisfying than that of shooting aegs. Cool down effect is not such a problem when you are shooting on a range indoors. I no longer have any need for hicap magazines, and though I love the appearance of my LCTs, I could have got a GHK AK which has LCT  externals. And I wouldn't have had to shell out on half a dozen or more expensive mags. Two or three would have been more than sufficient. I also feel more comfortable disassembling mechanical gas powered guns than electric guns. I know eff all about electricity and wiring.

But selling in order to buy is just so much hassle that I can't be bothered now. The second hand market is crap and you end up spending even more money. 

Yet  I am still tempted from time to time by the WE G 39 and the Apache MP5. The former is available cheap as chips from KY Airsoft and the latter is also at a very tempting price.

But then you get stung by Customs. Must stop looking at the adverts and youtube reviews.

I enjoy shooting my pistols much more than my aegs now. AEGs are great for skirmishing but not really plinkers.

My humble advice?
Whether you sell your AEGs or not - Say fuck it. Life's too short.
Buy the gun you really want and enjoy shooting it 😄 

6 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

My humble advice?

Then, buy more, and more, until you get to your ultimate gun (hint, you never will, but enjoy the journey)

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

My humble advice?

Thanks for your advice mate.

Might have trouble getting it past my wife and the cat though.😁

Who knows. It'll soon be Christmas. Maybe my kids will be generous. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Low mag capacity is not a problem when you are just plinking, and the experience of shooting gas guns is so much more satisfying than that of shooting aegs. Cool down effect is not such a problem when you are shooting on a range indoors. I no longer have any need for hicap magazines, and though I love the appearance of my LCTs, I could have got a GHK AK which has LCT  externals. And I wouldn't have had to shell out on half a dozen or more expensive gas mags. Two or three would have been more than sufficient. I also feel more comfortable disassembling mechanical gas powered guns than electric guns. I know eff all about electricity and wiring.

But selling in order to buy is just so much hassle that I can't be bothered now. The second hand market is crap and you end up spending even more money. I'd probably have to sell all three aegs at bargain basement prices (even though two of them have never been skirmished) and then still have to find extra money to finance a GHK AK and an extra mag.  And then more money for some stronger replacement parts for those areas of the gun that need them.

I enjoy shooting my pistols much more than my aegs now. AEGs are great for skirmishing but not really plinkers. I can see a future for them as wall hangers only.

Mate, sell your aegs, aim for 75% of RRP, (& let someone haggle you down another 5%), & get what you TRULY want, why have your aegs sitting around depreciating when you could benefit from them.

Life can be shit & you've had some bad luck, don't compound it by adding a ton of regret, that's like herpes, keeps coming back to piss you off.

& If sellings too much of a ballache, assess the value of your AEG kit & put out feelers for a similar value trade of the kit you want to get, worth a try ?

images.jpeg

You’re welcome to borrow my g36 for a week or two to see if gbbr’s are something you want to go though the hassle of investing in. Sure you’re pretty local to me.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for all the replies,  and for your kind offer Wolf.

I'll give it all some thought.

At least I still have my pistols to enjoy.

No worries. PM me if you fancy trying something 👍

Just buy the GHK AK.  Its not perfect it has some (easily fixable) issues but its lovely on the whole.  I have had mine 6 months now and I rarely use anything else.

• Supporters

i'm with the others on this, your situation means the normal drawbacks of gbb's don't apply so just go for it.

it's not ideal selling secondhand for sure, but there's no sense in not enjoying your hobby the way you want to enjoy it.

You get stung whatever you sell used - and that includes GBBRs, so I'd be surprised if you can't get a decent gun and a combat load of magazines for the resale value of two LCT AKs. I would have thought you'd not have much difficulty getting £400+ for two LCTs, one BNIB, which puts this G39 with three magazines or this Apache A3 with four magazines well within budget. I'd personally be looking for a GHK - £400ish should buy you an AK and some magazines, or an M4 or AUG and a couple of magazines, or maybe even a 553.

Perhaps put them up for swaps for a gbbr. Winter is coming and noobs can’t deal with gas. It’s like convertibles and motorbikes. Cheaper in the winter. 

Archived