AK Zenitco help please!

Davegolf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, looking at the new LCT AK-15 (LCK-15) models, will the older style Zenitco B30 rail system mount on?

I can see from pics the new gen AKs look a little different in their construction but not sure if hamdguard/rail mounting is the same as older gens?

Thankyou please :)

ak-15.png

ZenitCo_B10_B10M_B30_Left.jpg

The Zenitco style B30 all current manufacture be it the Real steel rail or the airsoft version such as TWI, BB dragon etc, unfortunately, won't fit the lct AK15/12 as the upper handguard is integrated into the receiver cover and does not have the traditional rear sight and retention/locking mechanism, also both the upper and lower handguard are one unit.

Apparently this is due to one of the goals of the Real steel AK modification program/ AK12/15 project was to integrate Picatinny rails into the base weapon reducing the need for aftermarket systems.

If you want to drag an AK through the Zenitco catalogue I would recommend the standard LCT AKM AK74 series of AEG or E&l AKs.

Cheers for the confirmation, do you have an AK? (looks at guns in your sig)

Hoping to make a kind of DMR setup, the AK15 got my attention because of the railed dust cover - I thought this would be a solid scope mounting option vs the convoluted side mounts or aftermarket railed dust covers that may be looser fitting.

Have you any experience of aftermarket railed dust covers?

If they are indeed solid enough for scope mounting I may base the gun of an AK74M, B30 lower rail and railed dust cover.

Yep I mainly run AKs the ones in my sig are my current favourites the Real sword series of weapons.

In regards, to railed dust cover you can get Zenithco b33 top cover in combination with a complete b30 lower handguard that has mounting point to the rear for the b33 front prongs to attach giving a more stable platform for mounting your optics, but is dependant on which zenitco manufacture you chose each has different tolerances so can result in some requiring more work than others .

Lct have a rail dust cover that replaces your rear sight and locks the dust cover where the sight used to be it also hinges your dust cover https://www.evike.com/products/74212/  Asura Dynamics also do a more sleeker version. http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_RIS_Systems_Asura_Dynamics_AK_Top_Rail_Dust_Cover.htm

The traditional AK side optic mounting are not that convoluted. remember they were designed to be used by soldiers so it very simple, you do also get a lot of options for optics if you are going for a dmr set up, then pso-1 magnified optic may be something you might consider as it still in keeping with the AK aesthetic.

The downside is they are raised high so your cheek weld on your rear stocks becomes a chin weld that can be off-putting for some. But if you run full or lower face pro it may be a benefit.

You can get low profile side mount like the B-13 https://grey-shop.ru/Outer-Pimp/AK-Rails/ZenitCo-Rail-B-13

You could also DIY your self a top rail cover.

For an AK dmr based have you considered an RPK 74?

Thanks for that much appreciated!!

Yeh the problem is trying to get a balance of airsoft vs real steel.

In airsoft a barrel that long would hurt performance so trying to go for something long enough to pass off visually but short enough to shoot accurately

48 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

In airsoft a barrel that long would hurt performance

Possibly it very much a matter of personal preference. It is purported that the optimum barrel lengths is 455mm which average barrel length of the standard full-length AKs However the inner barrel my RS SVD is 650mm and that does not affect performance.

I personally believe its a combination of hop unit, hop rubber- bucking and a quality barrel and air seal and consistency.

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@Sawyer is that a GHK base rifle?

Anyone - can the Zenitco B33 be modded to work with an AEG?

Not mine, just a build I found! 

I've got a GHK105 en route from Samoon, and that's the build I'll be going for, except probably a US palm grip and a CTR stock.

Also, anyone had problems with GreyshopRU?

Only i had a run in with the police the other day - ordered a Burris 3x flip to side from amazon UK, which came from USA... Got call from the police, under caution and can i come in for an interview!!!!

Yes i like the Palm grip too

Just now, Davegolf said:

Only i had a run in with the police the other day - ordered a Burris 3x flip to side from amazon UK, which came from USA... Got call from the police, under caution and can i come in for an interview!!!!

Did they specify the offence they were actually investigating, because I can't think of one!

• Supporters

Ye trying to import a fire arm component - its a bloomin monocular, you can by em in this country!! Very strange, i thing border control just wanted it for themselves.

sounds like you got "that guy", kinda ridiculous, i thought anything that wasn't pressure bearing didn't count?

Ye trying to import a fire arm component - its a bloomin monocular, you can by em in this country!! Very strange, i thing border control just wanted it for themselves.

The legal jargon literally states that sights are excluded from import restrictions.

Im surprised they had the time to bother really!

Just now, Sawyer said:

The legal jargon literally states that sights are excluded from import restrictions.

I know right, ive got a RS Trijicon, but you cant really argue can you

@Davegolf regarding your earlier question about the top covers and AEG's, you need the ones specific to that brand. At least for the most part. The AEG receivers are slightly longer than their real counterparts when it comes to the AK platform although I think NPO are an exception to the rule (would have to check).

Most airsoft top covers should be compatible between the various brands but will require varying degrees of fettling/modification... at least to my understanding.

Archived