The worst airsoft gun... In the world

Cromulon1994
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a bit of morbid fascination. 

The best gun tends to be whatever someone owns, but what's the very worst? 

To quantify it somewhat, it needs to be a disappointment due to the price, or other outstanding rifs that the company has made and went and produced a total turd. 

That means cheap springers are not qualified, they were cheap and cheerful. 

I would like to put forward my old G&G top tech AKMS. 

£330 Worth of underperforming rattly disappointment with a simply awful proprietary battery system. 

It was used for half a game before being tossed into the safe zone. 

Umarex/KWA Tavor. Spent over 800 quid on the system including 8 Mags. Externals were great.

Vented gas and couldnt fire half a mag before empty, fired hot at 370 fps on green gas, broke 3 lots of feedlips and never managed to skirmish it. Other people have deformed hop units. Mags were incredibly heavy. 

The person who bought it had to do a lot of work to get it skirmishable. 

Complete disappointment and has put me off GBBR

• Supporters

Good thread, we're always quick to big up the guns we love, but people rarely admit to blowing their wad on something that's a major disappointment that ends up at the back of the cupboard.

Might stop others making the same mistake.

👍

• Supporters

also if we're to expand this to not just guns, i'd have to put a shout in for airsoft innovations, they're innovative for sure but frankly i've been dissapointed by every one of their products that i've bought, generally on grounds of poor reliability.

11 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Stark Arms Glock 17. The first foray into GBBP by VFC I think, early enough that the quality was absolute shite - sear went after 500 rounds or so leaving me with a full-auto pistol unusable in CQB, trigger safety broke around the same time and eventually the trigger wouldn't reset at all. Horrific cooldown issues too.

Shane the internals were so shite on those, I have an OD frame and it fucking lovely 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

We luger

/Thread

Nearly opted for that in my op. 

But, it makes a decent reenactment prop...

And paperweight. 

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Umarex/KWA Tavor. Spent over 800 quid on the system including 8 Mags. Externals were great.

Vented gas and couldnt fire half a mag before empty, fired hot at 370 fps on green gas, broke 3 lots of feedlips and never managed to skirmish it. Other people have deformed hop units. Mags were incredibly heavy. 

The person who bought it had to do a lot of work to get it skirmishable. 

Complete disappointment and has put me off GBBR

A ghk g5 or AK would probably fix your hatred of gbb rifles. 

Though would I swap my T97 for one? Not a chance. 

33 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Nearly opted for that in my op. 

But, it makes a decent reenactment prop...

And paperweight. 

A ghk g5 or AK would probably fix your hatred of gbb rifles. 

Though would I swap my T97 for one? Not a chance. 

If anything I'd go for a GHK AUG A1. 

I'd just rather not have the hassle, just getting to sites is a pain in the ass let alone dealing with gas!

KWA Vector gbbr. Below average range and accuracy, shite hop up design, not as gas efficient as most GBBR’s, kick was mediocre.... but what makes it all the more underwhelming is I swapped a systema internalled, magnesium bodied, PDI braced PSG-1 for the heap of shit. Worst airsoft regret ever

21 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

If anything I'd go for a GHK AUG A1. 

I'd just rather not have the hassle, just getting to sites is a pain in the ass let alone dealing with gas!

Utter heresy they are lovely, even for a bullpup.

My worst gun - easily the VFC VP9 pistol I was foolish enough to buy recently.  No tolerance to cooldown at all and don't even  think about taking it outside unless is 22C and a light breeze.

Mine has to be the Well L96.

Granted, I didn't spend any money upgrading it but it still wouldn't fire straight for more than 10 meters, no matter how much I amended the hop and tried different BBs.

Ended up trying to take it apart, failed putting it back together properly and it became an expensive decoration piece. 

20 hours ago, Robert James said:

Asg scorpion evo BET.

I should have got the SMG, I think I'd have been happy with it. Instead I got the bet. 

Out of curiosity what was so bad about the BET compared to the normal Evo?

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Out of curiosity what was so bad about the BET compared to the normal Evo?

The silencer came out of the end and went back into the hand guard (possibly wrong but but I'm tired) so it was difficult to change to a tracer without having to gut your gun and get a new barrel that was shorter and then have X and Y parts to even get that working. 

The placement of the battery was awful, really a pain in the ars to get in, although I believe this is evo in general not just the bet.

I just didn't think it was as customizable compared to the smg even though they shot about the same distance. Which is frustrating when you can't put a tracer on etc 

The worst airsoft gun in the world is the one you spend time, money and sanity onto and still disappoints you.

Just like my Amoeba AM009.

I have spent so much money and time on it to make it work well I could have just bought a MTW for the same amount.

And I should have.

Because right now it's basically my honey badger with a slightly longer handguard and a different stock.

ICS Galil Arm.

Gorgeous to look at.

Lovely to hold.

Couldn't fire straight or for any meaningful distance even after two or three trips to different gun techs. Put me off ICS tbh.

Also, A&K PKM.

Gorgeous to look at.

Lovely to hold.

Lemon to fire; both too hot and no range past 25m. Needed over 100 notes spent on Lonex and other internals to get it to a decent standard. Sold it to get an MWS and never regretted it.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

ICS Galil Arm.

Gorgeous to look at.

Lovely to hold.

Couldn't fire straight or for any meaningful distance even after two or three trips to different gun techs. Put me off ICS tbh.

Also, A&K PKM.

Gorgeous to look at.

Lovely to hold.

Lemon to fire; both too hot and no range past 25m. Needed over 100 notes spent on Lonex and other internals to get it to a decent standard. Sold it to get an MWS and never regretted it.

That is not an ICS issue that is a bad techs issue.

Archived