TM Pistols in the Colder Months.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I hesitate to use the term "best" when asking about airsoft guns as I know it's almost completely subjective. However... from people's experiences, which Marui GBB pistol performs the most reliably in cooler weather? 

USP compact in my experience. Haven't tried it but I imagine the G19 would be much the same. Combination of the shorter/lighter slide, 15mm bbu, and not the biggest but a reasonable size gas reservoir. 

In terms of looks and size I had narrowed it down to G19, Hi-Capa 4.3 or PX4. As you mention though, the G19 is both the most recent design and I should imagine has the lightest slide. 

I actually left the 4.3 for the hk45. Then got the usp compact, which is even better. I imagine the G19 will definitely do the job. 

I’ve done brief tests with the G19, HK45 and USP9 full size in the snow and they all completed a magazine and lock on empty. 

Here’s a little video I put together from last winter. Ultimately if you keep your magazines warm, they should be alright. 

6 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

I’ve done brief tests with the G19, HK45 and USP9 full size in the snow and they all completed a magazine and lock on empty. 

Here’s a little video I put together from last winter. Ultimately if you keep your magazines warm, they should be alright. 

Wicked, just purchased a 19 because of your vid! Thanks! 

I use nuprol black or guarder black gas in close to/minus temp. As seen they do operate on green but it brings the performance up to like it was running on normal day. I also find the 9ball routes and lees precision engineering route shims a good efficiency/consistency boost. Nice barrel in there possibly hop if you are that way inclined and you are laughing.

Appreciate the tips, I will likely leave it stock though. Being Marui I'm sure the range is ample as is and I have several pistols. This ones job will just to be light, compact and dependable.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Appreciate the tips, I will likely leave it stock though. Being Marui I'm sure the range is ample as is and I have several pistols.

100%. In my experience a tm pistol has as much range as 75% of the Aegs I've bought, you'll rarely be outgunned. 

It will perform admirably with out. These upgrades are not essential but do give a good boost without effecting the tm cold weather efficiency like many other after market upgrades do if you fancy it. And when running in the cold you'll notice the difference. 

1 hour ago, M_P said:

100%. In my experience a tm pistol has as much range as 75% of the Aegs I've bought, you'll rarely be outgunned. 

Always hilarious when that happens. Get ready to boo but I have a Novritsch SSX23, people have shot at me with an AEG and fallen about 15 metres short, I've then returned fire with it and hit them square in the chest. 

Mk23 is the best as already said. Generaly the bigger the gas reservoir and new the model the better. I have had good use out of the hk45

• 3 weeks later...

Used my GM yesterday, it was milder than it has been but still about 6-7 degrees in the woods. Managed to get about 15-16 shots off from a fully gassed up mag before they started dropping off, you could hear from the start that it was a bit bogged down and not as snappy as normal. 

Weirdly my 5.1 mag didn't hold up as well as my two 4.3 mags.

23 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Used my GM yesterday, it was milder than it has been but still about 6-7 degrees in the woods. Managed to get about 15-16 shots off from a fully gassed up mag before they started dropping off, you could hear from the start that it was a bit bogged down and not as snappy as normal. 

Weirdly my 5.1 mag didn't hold up as well as my two 4.3 mags.

what gas?

7 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/rwa-600ml-green-gas.html

As it's plastic slide TM I wouldn't put anything stronger than Green in.

6 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

Red would be fine in the colder months as its pressure will fall to the level of what Green Gas is at a normal temperature.

I concure. Just chrono it and if it's over 300 use a lower power gas. TMs are built for 300 FPS pretty much so as long as they don't shoot over they are using the correct pressure for the temperature. This is assuming stock TM parts etc. 

My TM hi-capa is running abbey vertex gas currently 

Archived