M4 rate of fire upgrade advice

wing
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, all! I jumped into airsoft guns three months ago. I apologize for my questions  in advance, if they are kind of stupid questions.

I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my rate of fire. Currently, I am useing 7.4V lipo battery and SHS high torque long motor. I am not satisfied with the rate. So I want to upgrade it. I google it and read a lot. But it is still diffcult for me to figure out the connection of upgrading part.

Generally, first step will be buy a 11.1v battery which will be the easiest way to increase the rate. However, in partol base website, I thought they are trying to say that using 11.1v battery may cause damage. Higher volt may be a reason to increase afford of motor. But I feel that it is seemed like the MOSFET is not so compulsory to control. So I don't know it is good to buy 11.1v battery for direct use or not.

Then, getting a new high speed motor is a good way. This may be the most simple way too? Because except battery and motor, next step will be get new gears. I think if only upgrade gears which may lead to shoot twice under the single shoot mode. So gears will be considered in the end. I am wondering do you have any recommend high speed motor? I hope it can use on M110 spring. And the price may be around £40.

I am trying to do researches by my own. Except gears, I could do rest of things by my own. So I don't want to find tech to do this for me. I think it is the best way to upgrade by myself for future consideration.

Cheers!

With HT motors you generally need to "feed" them so a 11.1v battery is often recommended.  However the extra power can cause tooth failures on the gears over time - really depends on what gears are already installed, how well shimmed etc. 

If money is tight then just get the 11.1v battery and have a blast - use it, if it break the stock gears then just get a nice set of £15 replacements.

A High Speed motor together with a decent 7.4v should net some decent results, but you're still putting extra stain on your gears.  Sometimes extra ROF isn't all it's cracked up to be, if I only had the 1 AEG then  I'd rather have a slower firing reliable gun that an unreliable high ROF gun.   That's just me though.

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

With HT motors you generally need to "feed" them so a 11.1v battery is often recommended.  However the extra power can cause tooth failures on the gears over time - really depends on what gears are already installed, how well shimmed etc. 

If money is tight then just get the 11.1v battery and have a blast - use it, if it break the stock gears then just get a nice set of £15 replacements.

A High Speed motor together with a decent 7.4v should net some decent results, but you're still putting extra stain on your gears.  Sometimes extra ROF isn't all it's cracked up to be, if I only had the 1 AEG then  I'd rather have a slower firing reliable gun that an unreliable high ROF gun.   That's just me though.

Cheers.  I do agree what you are saying.

However, I feel its accuracy is quite good. I would like pay more attention on ROF,  because I played in the indoor/CQB site mostly which means ROF is quite important to me. I don't need ROF like laser gun. Ideally, I wish it could have faster response when I pull the trigger.

I did more researches today. So I may find a tech to upgrade the HT motor for me. If it need, I will change lower ratio gears too. 

Anyway, it is very helpful. I will take your advice and try  not to focus too much on ROF.

Archived