What new GBBR?

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

That propane ‘rule’ works for all gbbr’s. I wouldn’t put airsoft green gas in any of my guns unless I was desperate 

I am yet to be brave enough to try propane in my MWS.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I am yet to be brave enough to try propane in my MWS.

How come? Green gas is propane and silicone oil. If you use ‘clean’ propane and just lube the gun manually every now and then you end up saving money on gas, having the gun perform better and not run the risk of a buildup of silicone oil in the bucking/ barrel. 

Ive ran all of my GBBR’s including 7 MWS’ and a few TM pistols on propane near exclusively without issue. 

Just ordered a propane adaptor. Tried to get the original all plastic airsoft innovation one, but could only get the new steel nozzled one they make. 

Guess I'll have to be careful with my fill valves.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

Just ordered a propane adaptor. Tried to get the original all plastic airsoft innovation one, but could only get the new steel nozzled one they make. 

Guess I'll have to be careful with my fill valves.

I've got both, & tbh the earlier plastic one definitely works better .

Just now, Tackle said:

I've got both, & tbh the earlier plastic one definitely works better .

Have you tried the little plastic extender nozzle it seems to come with, does that make it any better?

If I could find an OG adaptor I'd buy one 🙁

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Sawyer said:

Have you tried the little plastic extender nozzle it seems to come with, does that make it any better?

If I could find an OG adaptor I'd buy one 🙁

Didn't try it in the beginning, prob lost now lol 

What's an OG adapter ? (as I type this I'm thinking it's gonna be something really obvious, & how stupid I'm gonna look 🤪)

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Didn't try it in the beginning, prob lost now lol 

What's an OG adapter ? (as I type this I'm thinking it's gonna be something really obvious, & how stupid I'm gonna look 🤪)

Original gangster... 😂

Just means the first one or the genuine article. 

Sorry.

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

That propane ‘rule’ works for all gbbr’s. I wouldn’t put airsoft green gas in any of my guns unless I was desperate 

I'd heard this elsewhere before. It makes sense that it's a more pronounced issue on the less gas efficient systems. For all the complaints people have about the WE M4s they still have a lot of fans and part support. Obviously they seem to need more work than a GHK or MWS in order to be not as good but I never go to a game without a backup gun so if it has a bad day it doesn't mean I have to. Until TM pull there finger out and start making other MWS platforms it may be my best bet for a gas ACR. Plus like I said if I pick it up second hand and don't get on with it I can sell it on for a minimal loss

38 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'd heard this elsewhere before. It makes sense that it's a more pronounced issue on the less gas efficient systems. For all the complaints people have about the WE M4s they still have a lot of fans and part support. Obviously they seem to need more work than a GHK or MWS in order to be not as good but I never go to a game without a backup gun so if it has a bad day it doesn't mean I have to. Until TM pull there finger out and start making other MWS platforms it may be my best bet for a gas ACR. Plus like I said if I pick it up second hand and don't get on with it I can sell it on for a minimal loss

If you aren’t in a rush to buy, I’ll give you a review on the PTS ACR in a couple of days 

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

If you aren’t in a rush to buy, I’ll give you a review on the PTS ACR in a couple of days 

So it was you that beat me to it lol. That was a good deal

I keep seeing those two GHK Sig 553s in the classifieds and the more I look at them the more I'm into them, especially after the glowing review you've had of them

9 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I keep seeing those two GHK Sig 553s in the classifieds and the more I look at them the more I'm into them, especially after the glowing review you've had of them

Tell me about it.......

43 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Wait I just remembered WE makes a GBBR G3! Does anyone have a review or exclusive with it?

Bada bing does.  Check his YT channel.  But its a WE, the internals will melt quicker than the French Army in 1940

• Supporters
3 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Wait I just remembered WE makes a GBBR G3! Does anyone have a review or exclusive with it?

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Bada bing does.  Check his YT channel.  But its a WE, the internals will melt quicker than the French Army in 1940

I just googled "we G3 gbb", first couple of results were about replacing knackered parts on the we, which isn't exactly confidence inspiring, then there was a review from redwolf if the umerex version which appeared to come out well ?.

What I wanna know is, if they can do a G3, where's the SLR or fal that we're all gagging for ?

Not seen much about the VFC G3 but everything I have read indicate it to be decent.  The caveat being, of course, that its a VFC and their GBBR don't have a good rep.  Christ, if WE did a L1A1 I would be all over that even if it was a WE.

Wonder if it would be possible to put the G3 internals into an Ares SLR frame?

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Great now you guys have got me lusting after an L1A1 GBBR that doesn't even exist

Just don't know why nobody's made one, everybody loves the look of them, manufacturers would clean up, especially in gas, it's a gun that should only be used in single shot, perfect to reduce cool down etc.

But no, they'll release another dozen AR variants just to keep the "flock" happy 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Just don't know why nobody's made one, everybody loves the look of them, manufacturers would clean up, especially in gas, it's a gun that should only be used in single shot, perfect to reduce cool down etc.

But no, they'll release another dozen AR variants just to keep the "flock" happy 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

It's more about the market demand. The SLR doesn't have much of a following outside the UK so that's already limiting their market then being a GBBR reduces it further, then of those people that want one only a certain number could actually afford one. So you're looking at all the R&D of designing and producing a working product with likely a lot of proprietary parts for maybe a couple hundred sales

27 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

They're new and unproven really but just be brave and get one of these.

IMG_20191126_180831.jpg

That's very pretty but I was after something a little more modern

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That's very pretty but I was after something a little more modern

Yeah "pretty", as in, a face only a mother could love 🤪

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

I didn't think there was a fine line between hideous and pretty, so you must be talking about a wiiiiide line 😂

I guess I mean it kind of manages to be both

Archived