What new GBBR?

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not seen a VFC MP5 but I can say the WE is very well made inside and out. I have 2 of them, the Kurz and SD1. I'd like to see a VFC out of curiousity.

Add the Z parts and it's even better (longevity wise).

Thought I'd just add some 553 input; I think any issues with GHK 553s were just early/prepro models.

I have one and the fit and finish is superb - hands down the most rigid and solid feeling airsoft gun I've handled.

No probs with mags either.

The best bit is the trigger, there's an adjustable stop which effectively gives you a 2 stage trigger which so crisp.

MWS accurate out the box too.

All other GBBRs have been covered I think, still love the TM MP7 only downside is gas capacity and not being 1:1

3 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

What about any .308 ARs? Are there any that are worth getting maybe as a DMR base?

there's only a couple. The Mega arms MML maten is shite. Sounds nice, feels nice, might as well throw BB's at people. The VFC SR-25 can be made good with some hop mods but it's expensive. I miss mine..

None 'AR' .308's... The WE scar H is very good with a barrel and bucking change. Probably the best .308 gbbr currently available from what i have tried. Has some flaws like all guns, but nothing to put you off. VFC/cybergun made a gbbr scar H but parts availability is none existent and the WE is tried and tested. 

53 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

there's only a couple. The Mega arms MML maten is shite. Sounds nice, feels nice, might as well throw BB's at people. The VFC SR-25 can be made good with some hop mods but it's expensive. I miss mine..

None 'AR' .308's... The WE scar H is very good with a barrel and bucking change. Probably the best .308 gbbr currently available from what i have tried. Has some flaws like all guns, but nothing to put you off. VFC/cybergun made a gbbr scar H but parts availability is none existent and the WE is tried and tested. 

That's what is found online so I wanted to check. I already have a SCAR H AEG that I bought as a project so don't really want another one that's going to need work too. It's strange that there aren't more since the larger magazine with lower ammo capacity makes magazines way more practical for a gas rifle.

31 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That's what is found online so I wanted to check. I already have a SCAR H AEG that I bought as a project so don't really want another one that's going to need work too. It's strange that there aren't more since the larger magazine with lower ammo capacity makes magazines way more practical for a gas rifle.

i forgot the VFC 417 and g28. Have some quirks but can be made into half decent DMR's. I think the new Umarex ones are made by KWA so steer well clear of those. 

Best gbbr for DMR I've found is the mws, but if it has to be 308 the Scar H is a good all rounder. They want to be DMR's that badly the auto sear selector bar breaks in them that they end up semi only anyway lol. I remove mine from new. Like all WE guns, the barrel/ bucking is appalling, so account for £50ish for a bucking and barrel. Besides that, it should be as reliable as most GBBR's. Just remember it either needs to be all steel in side or no steel inside. Swap one part out and it starts eating into the others. 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

i forgot the VFC 417 and g28. Have some quirks but can be made into half decent DMR's. I think the new Umarex ones are made by KWA so steer well clear of those. 

Best gbbr for DMR I've found is the mws, but if it has to be 308 the Scar H is a good all rounder. They want to be DMR's that badly the auto sear selector bar breaks in them that they end up semi only anyway lol. I remove mine from new. Like all WE guns, the barrel/ bucking is appalling, so account for £50ish for a bucking and barrel. Besides that, it should be as reliable as most GBBR's. Just remember it either needs to be all steel in side or no steel inside. Swap one part out and it starts eating into the others. 

I've had a HK417 before too again as an AEG. I fell out of love with it though as it's so unnecessarily chunky. The SCAR sounds like a good bet and I'm currently building a kit for my SCAR AEG so it could be cool to change to a GBBR instead. It'll be my luck that the dimensions will turn out to be just different enough that I have to completely rework the fittings again though

On 16/11/2019 at 13:40, Davegolf said:

Thought I'd just add some 553 input; I think any issues with GHK 553s were just early/prepro models.

I have one and the fit and finish is superb - hands down the most rigid and solid feeling airsoft gun I've handled.

No probs with mags either.

The best bit is the trigger, there's an adjustable stop which effectively gives you a 2 stage trigger which so crisp.

MWS accurate out the box too.

All other GBBRs have been covered I think, still love the TM MP7 only downside is gas capacity and not being 1:1

I wouldn't be opposed to a 553. Performance wise it's got what I'm after and it's compact so easy storage. It's one I keep going back and forth on whether I actually like the look of it or not though. Plus it means buying yet more mag pouches

Maybe a GHK G5? Compact, uses M4 mags so no need for new pouches, wide range of upgrade parts, shoot well OOB, is a bit cheaper than some of the other options so you wouldn't need to sell as many AEGs to buy one - there are several on the classifieds currently.

Personally I would just say f*ck it and buy the GHK AK if thats what got you hard in the first place.  But then again I love my GHK AK.....

On 13/11/2019 at 18:30, EvilMonkee said:

I can undestand that.  As an AK fanatic I just wish TM would do an AKM GBBR...

Looks like your wish has come true 😂

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Maybe a GHK G5? Compact, uses M4 mags so no need for new pouches, wide range of upgrade parts, shoot well OOB, is a bit cheaper than some of the other options so you wouldn't need to sell as many AEGs to buy one - there are several on the classifieds currently.

Personally I would just say f*ck it and buy the GHK AK if thats what got you hard in the first place.  But then again I love my GHK AK.....

The G5 doesn't really do anything for me. Couldn't tell you why though. I wouldn't be opposed to a GHK AK74...

9 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

The G5 doesn't really do anything for me. Couldn't tell you why though. I wouldn't be opposed to a GHK AK74...

Which are on sale at the moment at WGCShop I believe.......

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Oh you bastard. I still have to sell the G&P first

I want one too.....

Wood. Out of stock now, which is probably for the best....though Samoon have some.....

The wood is gorgeous but the black fits my look better. If I got it in black I'd be in danger of doing a full Zenitco build which would get very heavy and very expensive

11 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

The wood is gorgeous but the black fits my look better. If I got it in black I'd be in danger of doing a full Zenitco build which would get very heavy and very expensive

So get it in wood and avoid temptation.  Plus you can still fit all that crap on it if you want to eventually

I've been looking into the magazine issues with WE guns and it seems that the main problem is that they're a lot more fiddly to get working than MWS mags. They need unlubricated propane and you need to take the time to warm them back up after they've been filled. This makes sense to me as the wide range of performance strikes me as being down to differences in use. I may pick one up second hand if I see one going cheap see how I get on. If I decide it's not worth the hassle I'll sell it on and should keep most of the value

6 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've been looking into the magazine issues with WE guns and it seems that the main problem is that they're a lot more fiddly to get working than MWS mags. They need unlubricated propane and you need to take the time to warm them back up after they've been filled. This makes sense to me as the wide range of performance strikes me as being down to differences in use. I may pick one up second hand if I see one going cheap see how I get on. If I decide it's not worth the hassle I'll sell it on and should keep most of the value

That comes as a surprise. Can you give me a link?

I thought all gbbrs were designed to run on green gas - which is generally lubricated.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

That comes as a surprise. Can you give me a link?

I thought all gbbrs were designed to run on green gas - which is generally lubricated.

I can't remember where I read it. I think it was a dedicated WE M4 forum. It says the best results come from using standard propane and a few drops of separate lubricant every 2nd or 3rd refill. Apparently there is too much silicone in green gas which causes it to dump gas with each shot. 

Or just don't buy a WE?  Bar the MP5 I have yet to read anything to convince me that they are worth the money.  For the price you are 2/3 way toward an TM or GHK.

That propane ‘rule’ works for all gbbr’s. I wouldn’t put airsoft green gas in any of my guns unless I was desperate 

Archived