What new GBBR?

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been thinking about selling my G&P SR-15 WOC GBBR which with the mags would give me a budget of around £700-£800 to spend on a new GBBR. I've got a few ideas but I'd like people's opinions and experiences with each to decide though. 

ACR, either the KWA PTS ACR or the WE MSK. In general I haven't heard great things about WE's open bolt GBBRs using the pistol mags however there have been a surprising number of glowing reviews of the MSK. I can't find many long term reviews of the KWA so I'm unsure as to the long term life of it.

KWA, VFC MP7. I've always loved the MP7 and wanted to get the new AEG but haven't heard great things about it's internals. I know the KWA is a little disappointing out of the box but there are hop and barrel upgrades that make it more than competitive. I'd prefer the full sized version to the TM as I've held the smaller one and it doesn't feel right in my hand.

TM MWS. This is the obvious choice in terms of performance but I already have multiple M4s and I really don't have the time or money to spend on building it up how I would want it. Also space is an issue for me and the other options have folding or collapsible stocks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

If the TM's reduced size is an issue then you should definitely steer clear of the KWA - same dimensions! 

image.png.9397b27c4458623f7c223925ed1efc45.png

^^ Courtesy of WGCShop's FB page

23 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

If the TM's reduced size is an issue then you should definitely steer clear of the KWA - same dimensions! 

image.png.9397b27c4458623f7c223925ed1efc45.png

^^ Courtesy of WGCShop's FB page

Ah thanks. The VFC one it is then

20 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

^ Yep.

Also G36 - WE 😊

I dug my WE G39C at the weekend just to see how it was shooting on different gas types at different temps.

At room temp it was shooting approx 400 fps on green gas

At room temp it was shooting 350 fps on Nuprol 1.0 gas

At approx 10c it was shooting about 310 fps on green gas.

Keep forgetting how good gbbrs are to shoot.

1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I dug my WE G39C at the weekend just to see how it was shooting on different gas types at different temps.

At room temp it was shooting approx 400 fps on green gas

At room temp it was shooting 350 fps on Nuprol 1.0 gas

At approx 10c it was shooting about 310 fps on green gas.

Keep forgetting how good gbbrs are to shoot.

Maybe. The G36c is one I generally like but don't days I look at it and think it looks crap

M4- TM> GHK> NEW VFC> WE

AK- GHK

MP7- TM....... literally don’t bother with the rest. KWA is shite, and the WE/VFC although full size are hopeless. WE also had a weird backwards VSR bucking. 

G36c- WE love mine. 

AUG- GHK

scar H- WE (VFC isn’t as good and has 0 parts support)

mp5- WE (externally one of the nicest RIF’s available and shoots well) vfc ones aren’t as nice externally believe it or not. 

MSK ACR is plagued with issues. For a start, anything WE that runs an m4 style mag is crap. M4/416/acr/Scar L etc..

they also seemed to have cycling issues that were never resolved. There’s plenty of YouTube video’s showing this, with various half fixes. Nothing seem to completely make it reliable. 

26 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

MP7- TM....... literally don’t bother with the rest. KWA is shite, and the WE/VFC although full size are hopeless. WE also had a weird backwards VSR bucking

MSK ACR is plagued with issues. For a start, anything WE that runs an m4 style mag is crap.

What about upgrades for the VFC? I've heard good things but not a whole lot of actual info.

This is why I was checking about the MSK. Reviews all seem to be like the GunGamers video where they say it's run flawlessly for 2+ years or short videos by various people going look it's rubbish. 

Is there any besides a barrel and bucking upgrade? Long, thin mags are usually less gas efficient and VFC aren’t renowned for good mags. It’s either that or inefficient sealing components. I think you’d struggle to make it work. Your main 2 contenders are the 75% size contenders. The TM and the KWA. KWA is a half travel bolt so it’s Rate of fire is higher but recoil is much lower. TM has better kick and accuracy. 

If you want an ACR then the WE is honestly the last one I’d go for. I’d get the PTS or if you can find one the Beta project conversion

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

Is there any besides a barrel and bucking upgrade? Long, thin mags are usually less gas efficient and VFC aren’t renowned for good mags. It’s either that or inefficient sealing components. I think you’d struggle to make it work. Your main 2 contenders are the 75% size contenders. The TM and the KWA. KWA is a half travel bolt so it’s Rate of fire is higher but recoil is much lower. TM has better kick and accuracy. 

If you want an ACR then the WE is honestly the last one I’d go for. I’d get the PTS or if you can find one the Beta project conversion

That's why I was hoping the AEG MP7 was going to be good. Oh well scratch that then.

Do you know much about the PTS ACR? I saw one for sale on here which is what made me think of this but I can't find any real reviews that aren't by suppliers or PTS, let alone any that say anything about long term wear

I might have bought that Pts acr. They are made by KWA so the hop up design is shit, but I know a guy who can 3D print me one. Gas efficiency is about average. Better than a WE, but nowhere near as good as a TM. Externals on PTS rifles are generally very nice though. The trigger I believe is the same as the PTS mega arms which is a little heavy but otherwise a nice feel. 

TM MWS is the only decent option I would suggest.

Had a KWA MP7 and sold it on within a couple of months as was so unreliable.

Seen two VFC 416s shoot their internals into cheese, with two team members.

Seen two TM M4 MWS keep chuggin' on, dishing out pain and ruining Sundays for the OPFOR in all weathers.

17 hours ago, Wo1f said:

M4- TM> GHK> NEW VFC> WE

AK- GHK

MP7- TM....... literally don’t bother with the rest. KWA is shite, and the WE/VFC although full size are hopeless. WE also had a weird backwards VSR bucking. 

G36c- WE love mine. 

AUG- GHK

scar H- WE (VFC isn’t as good and has 0 parts support)

mp5- WE (externally one of the nicest RIF’s available and shoots well) vfc ones aren’t as nice externally believe it or not. 

MSK ACR is plagued with issues. For a start, anything WE that runs an m4 style mag is crap. M4/416/acr/Scar L etc..

they also seemed to have cycling issues that were never resolved. There’s plenty of YouTube video’s showing this, with various half fixes. Nothing seem to completely make it reliable. 

Agree bar TM M4>GHK and I own an TM MWS.  I think its more TM M4=GHK M4.  Agree 100% with the rest though

To the OP - the TM Mp7 really is nice.  You don't notice the diminished size at all.  I don't get how this can be such a big issue really.

55 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Agree bar TM M4>GHK and I own an TM MWS.  I think its more TM M4=GHK M4.  Agree 100% with the rest though

To the OP - the TM Mp7 really is nice.  You don't notice the diminished size at all.  I don't get how this can be such a big issue really.

I never rated the 5 I have. They do some things better, but overall it’s the mws for me. 

For reference I've owned a Ghk aks74u, ak105, and 3 m4’s. One I built from the ground up from a RA tech forged receiver. 

Internals look more realistic, have a bit more kick and the trigger break is much nicer on the GHk but the finish is crap compared to the mws cerakote, range and accuracy out of the box isn’t as good and the mags are more expensive. In terms of ‘realism’ it wins. As an airsoft gun the mws is king in my eyes. 

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Partly it's because the optics always look oversized on the smaller gun but the main issue I have is the grip is too small. I have fairly large hands and prefer a larger grip on my guns

Really wish TM would start doing more platforms using the MWS system like the Type 89

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I never rated the 5 I have. They do some things better, but overall it’s the mws for me. 

For reference I've owned a Ghk aks74u, ak105, and 3 m4’s. One I built from the ground up from a RA tech forged receiver. 

Internals look more realistic, have a bit more kick and the trigger break is much nicer on the GHk but the finish is crap compared to the mws cerakote, range and accuracy out of the box isn’t as good and the mags are more expensive. In terms of ‘realism’ it wins. As an airsoft gun the mws is king in my eyes. 

I can undestand that.  As an AK fanatic I just wish TM would do an AKM GBBR...

35 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I can undestand that.  As an AK fanatic I just wish TM would do an AKM GBBR...

I understand why they made the type 89 but I wish they’d have made the scar L or an ACR, or even a 416. That way they can keep the same mag. Ultimately I’d kill for a TM scar H, famas and PSG-1 gbbr. I could die happy then. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

I understand why they made the type 89 but I wish they’d have made the scar L or an ACR, or even a 416. That way they can keep the same mag. Ultimately I’d kill for a TM scar H, famas and PSG-1 gbbr. I could die happy then. 

We need a full size gbb uzi. And we need it soon. 

Also while I'm having a moan how fucking hard is it for a company to make a springer welrod. Come on! 

Yeh a TM SCAR H would be cool.  If they do a GBBR AK it will inevitably be an AK47 like their recoil when the AKM is in much wider use and has been historically.

27 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Exactly. They've shown with the Type 97 that they can make it work in other platforms. They're still catering to the Japanese market though 

38 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Exactly. They've shown with the Type 97 that they can make it work in other platforms. They're still catering to the Japanese market though 

They only ever will, the don’t officially export anything

On 12/11/2019 at 20:18, Wo1f said:

First person to say WE MP5 has better externals than VFC.  You must have seen a dodgy VFC as WEs look like crap compared to VFC.

9 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

First person to say WE MP5 has better externals than VFC.  You must have seen a dodgy VFC as WEs look like crap compared to VFC.

Most vfc stuff are nice but I much prefer WE’s all steel mp5. Performs better too. 

9 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Anyone had any experience with the GHK Sig 553?

No personal experience but I’ve heard multiple reports that mags get damaged on insertion. I’m sure badabing has a good video on one. 

Archived