Should I get my first gun and hpa it

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

No, use it as it is, as stock it's more than up to the job.

Your starting out, learn what works for you & style of play you feel your suited to, & then if down the line your spr gearbox should fail, you'll know whether or not hpa is worth trying.

But starting out, stick with the KISS method.

52 minutes ago, Darbanator said:

Hi guys I’ve been looking at starting airsoft and have been looking at the krytac trident spr and was wondering if it would be sensible to instantly put a wolverine inferno 

As with so many questions - the answer is - it depends...
Have you played with one? Shot one?
If you have, did you find it had shortcomings that you feel HPA would fix?
If not, what's your thinking behind HPAing it? Is it because someone's suggested it?
Have you played a game yet?

I suppose I have two answers for you:

1) Don't buy anything until you've played a few games. Get hands on with as many rifs as you can. Ask other players if you can look at their guns. Watch how different players play, with guns with different power sources (Spring, gas, HPA, AEG - all have different flavours).
If you take this approach, you might end up still wanting the gun you thought you did - but you might realise you want something else and save yourself from wasting money on something you don't want. And, if you play your three games in 56 days or more, yo udon't have to have it a silly colour.

2) Buy whatever the fuck you want, because it's what you want 😄 

p.s. My airsoft journey was a mix of the above... I followed the advice in answer one for my main guns and it worked well for me.
However for my sniper journey, I wish I'd ignored answer one, ignored all advice and just bought the gun I wanted in the first place. Would have saved me money and I'd have been playing with an awesome gun a lot sooner...

If you know you want to HPA a gun why buy a KRYTAC? Their gearboxes are pretty decent and if your chucking that out for an Inferno its really a big waste of a KRYTAC. Either use the KRYTAC stock, or get a cheaper gun that still has rock solid externals to drop an Inferno in (i.e Specna Arms).

• Supporters

Hpa isnt a magic bullet, and if its not tweaked just right it can shoot even worse than even an average aeg.

To echo the above i'd keep it stock first, then decide how it feels for you, what specific drawbacks you want to fix and wether or not hpa is the answer to those problems, like everything its a compromise, what you gain is lost in other areas and depending on your playstyle that could make or break a given system.

It'll also give you a chance to see wether your local sites do refills or if your also going to need to invest in a dive tank to keep it fed because that's its own pain in the ass.

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

No, because it automatically makes you a douche.

Lol, I wanted to say that in my first post, but I thought I'd try to reign in the hate (for a change 😡)

Feeling the hate, I got called out for a hot HPA rif yesterday.

three different chronos  tested the gun yesterday mine before leaving on .2 and .32

the game site chrono in the test area to get my tag and lock the regulator

in game when my hot gun was complained about

amazing how powerful  1 round at 1joule with a .32 must feel

(incidentally that's with joule creep it sits at .89 joules on .2)

and I don't even use full auto cos I'm too tight to waste heavier bbs let alone pointlessly over shoot people like the drum mag arp tools running around yesterday 

On 10/11/2019 at 09:37, osteoshot said:

Feeling the hate, I got called out for a hot HPA rif yesterday.

three different chronos  tested the gun yesterday mine before leaving on .2 and .32

the game site chrono in the test area to get my tag and lock the regulator

in game when my hot gun was complained about

amazing how powerful  1 round at 1joule with a .32 must feel

(incidentally that's with joule creep it sits at .89 joules on .2)

and I don't even use full auto cos I'm too tight to waste heavier bbs let alone pointlessly over shoot people like the drum mag arp tools running around yesterday 

Yes but you are still a twunt for using HPA, p*ss off back to paintball :P

Archived