Ballistic glasses?

Beardedviking94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

10 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Only ones I use now are Wiley X, they offer a wide range of glasses types from full seal to shooter glasses and more. Hell of a lot less gap (for my facial type) than the revision sawfly's that I keep with me just as a spare.

Thanks mate I'll take a look 

• Supporters

i currently run bolle raiders which are pretty good. they come with a strap and foam backing to prevent against side strikes too although that then opens up fogging.

make sure you're careful with rating, en166 has 2 standards and one of them (i want to say f is the lower one but don't quote me on that) is only 0.86j, the other is pretty high and stanag 2920 is ridiculous.

of course rated for and capable of are 2 different things, just means you've got nobody to sue if kickingmustang smashes a lens and takes your eye with it.

I have a pair of Bolle Tracker which are full seal but are very prone to fogging........ Having had a BB rattle around the inside of a lens on a pair of Bolle Glasses like you ask about I will only go full seal from now on (Luckily no damage apart from a new pair of underpants following a soiling incident!).

I have just bought a pair of Revision Desert Locust Fan Goggles as I was fed with fogging. I have yet to try them out in a Skirmish but they are a cool as f...

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/revision-desert-locust-fan-goggle-deluxe-kit-15383-p.asp

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

make sure you're careful with rating, en166 has 2 standards and one of them (i want to say f is the lower one but don't quote me on that) is only 0.86j, the other is pretty high

EN166-F is the lower standard for impact.  It's rated for a 0.86g steel BB at 45m/s.  So, yes, under 1J, but my understanding is that only full framed goggles can claim the higher EN166-B.  That's 120m/s, or 6.2J, so there's a huge jump, and just because something doesn't meet B doesn't mean that it only barely scraped past F.

Personally I'd be OK buying anything that's at least 2mm polycarbonate, but always test your own eyepro with the heaviest/hottest BB you can sling at it.

Archived