What’s the worst Airsoft related injury you’ve sustained outside of airsoft?

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Looking to re-home some of it?

😢

images (4).jpeg

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Looking to re-home some of it? ;)

Also:

Kneeling on a BB on the hard floor of The Mall. 

😢

That had certainly been my intention. I don't really need three rifles and seven pistols.

But the second hand market for niche hobby products is a hard place. All too often, even if your gear is unused, people aren't even prepared to pay 50% of the value. Less if you include postage.

Airsofters sell so frequently in order to finance the latest must have that the market seem glutted. I've seen some great deals on the sales section that nobody has shown any interest in.

I'll try and sell skirmish related gear (belts, holsters, face masks, etc.), but I am not optimistic about getting an acceptable price for my guns. Who knows.

On a related point, the weak pound is driving up the prices of some products. I think I paid £239 for my LCT AK TX-S74UN  sub carbine from Fire Support in the summer of 2018. This retailer gives the best prices that I have seen for LCT guns. The old stock of that particular model has now gone and new stock has arrived. New price is £309. If you are thinking about getting an LCT AK best go over to their site now. They still have a few of the old stock of some models at old stock prices.

I have always liked pistols and enjoy shooting them on a 10m indoor range, so I'll probably keep them.

But shooting rifles at that range soon becomes tiresome. And most airgun ranges limit the use of airsoft guns to the pistol range only. 

In hindsight not proud of this as I would not recommend going anywhere near even airsoft guns after a few drinks. However that's what my friend and I did, thinking it'd be cool to practice our aiming and the such by having a "Wild West" style dual. I was wearing a Dye i4 so assumed I'd be pretty well protected (at least on my head), however as they tend to do, a BB found its way right to the sweet spot on my forehead from about 10M away, leaving a nasty welt.

Also still not technically playing, my gun malfunctioned during an infield game briefing and started shooting when my finger was nowhere near the trigger. I panicked and had the "bright" idea of sticking my finger over the end of the barrel to avoid pinging an innocent bystander. That left a nasty blood blister, so I switched to the slightly better approach of pointing it at the ground and removing the battery. 

• Supporters

Lol, this is why my son can have his airsoft guns in his room if he wants, but all mags are locked away in the garage 🤕

Archived