What’s the worst Airsoft related injury you’ve sustained outside of airsoft?

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Half inch deep cut in the meaty part of the thumb. Whilst trying to get the p90 gearbox slide off to get inside. 

Shot myself in the ear and mouth testing a couple of guns, different days.

Loads of burns, cuts and other minor injuries repairing and rebuilding guns lol

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Broken hip.

I think you win this game. Saying that, what happened to the airsoft sniper who stepped back off a 2 story roof? 

1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I vaguely remember he went to Hosp for a nasty sprain, but was otherwise alright!

From what I remember, he did take it like a champ

• Supporters

suppose it's sort of airsoft related as it happened on the field, but managed to point blank one of my fingers clearning some mud off the suppressor of my m4, the hubris of having a hair trigger and no safety.

other than that plenty of cuts and whatnot, but i'm a clumsy git and it happens so regularly it's hard to pin down what is or isnt airsoft related.

bb straight to the tip of my finger from an upgraded sniper rifle (around 450 fps) while chronoing the guy wanting to use it.... held the chrono up and before I even got to say fire he had fired and smashed the tip of my pinky finger, needless to say there were a few choice words coming out of my mouth and no sensation in the tip of my finger for the majority of the day.

Fixing an acm m500. If you are not familiar it's an unusual feed system, I thought was clear. Designed to propel 5 bbs down a single barrel at about 300fps. One managed to find its way in from somewhere and with one bb It goes much quicker. Had a sleeping baby in the next room so I was muffling it with my hand. Shot a bb straight in to the palm of my hand. One of those times you are in so much pain you don't make a sound. I had to bend in the tips of some tweasers to pull it out.

Stung 6 times by a horde of wasps from a nest in the forest a fellow player had knocked down 

• Supporters

I'm not 100% on this one, but yeeears ago when I didn't wear full face I took a shot in one of my very front teeth from 15m or so.  It bounced right off, thought to myself 'phew that was really lucky' and I wore lower face pro from that point on.

Fast forward about 6 years to ~3 months ago.  Middle of the night I was out on the barely-lit flight line in a different country, rushing around to get shit done so guys get the support they need, smack my head on the rear edge of a propeller blade and it did almost zero damage to my scalp but my teeth clashed together from the hit and that same tooth snapped off at the end (lost about 1/3 of it).  I can't be certain as I say, but I'm pretty bloody sure the break is in the place I took the bb shot.

Nothing outside the playing field however on it I did an out of control sprinting superman dive into a large crater to avoid impaling myself on a stack of branches and logs, very nearly knocked myself out, winded myself, bruised the crap out of my hip as I landed on a pistol, was bleeding from my hand in two places and multiple gashes on my chin. Chin took 3 months to heal from infection.

Rifs were fine though so a happy ending (not that sort of 'happy ending', I know what you're thinking...). :D

My 'nearly' worst injury was setting my M16/M203 down during an in game briefing next to my old man.

Somehow the shell was triggered, and discharged upwards right next to my Dad's face, pretty much parting his hair...

I would've never lived that down had he been an inch closer.

I've severed a nerve in my ring finger with a broken screwdriver, split my hand open tightening a barrel nut and stabbed myself in the end of my thumb with a scalpel cutting a rail cover to mount a pressure switch

21 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

How on Earth did you manage to break your hip in an airsoft related manner, whilst not playing???? 
That's legendary! 😂

I have a history of disc problems in the lower back, one of which required spinal surgery in 1996, and all the prolapses and surgery have left me with damage to the nerves in my right calf and foot. I have suffered from acute sciatica over the years.  I have also developed drop foot so I  have to concentrate when moving and keep my eye down on the ground to avoid stepping into any little dips which can destroy my balance and lead to falls.

I had just received my UKARA and was walking along a narrow uneven path to the village post office carrying largish parcels in both hands, containing items I was selling to finance airsoft purchases. A woman drove past me and stopped fifty yards ahead to pick up a friend. At the very moment she passed me, she hit the horn to alert her friend. The noise startled me and I lost concentration and lifted up my head and my right foot must have gone down into a slight decline in the path. I lost my balance  tried to recover it and fell out into the road on my right. Because my hands were full of parcels I couldn't use them to break my fall. So I went down heavily onto the tarmac of a main road, and landed on my right hip. Fortunately no cars were coming at the time, or I probably wouldn't be writing this now.

I was in considerable pain and unable to get up for quite a while. A kind lady motorist stopped, helped me into her car and drove me back to my house. She got me in and sat me down in a chair. She offered to drive me to hospital but I declined.. I was very sore for two weeks but took ibuprofen and continued to hobble around in the house for a fortnight. My family finally insisted on taking me to the hospital for an x-ray. My hip had a clean break, and I was admitted immediately and operated on two days later. The operation resulted in more nerve damage (normal after hip surgery due to all the muscle that has to be cut through) to the right leg, and my drop foot worsened. 

Nearly eight months later I felt I had recovered sufficiently to go back to my CQB site and avoid losing my UKARA. I was now wearing a special splint for drop foot. I was fine for most of the session, but forgot myself in the last fifteen minutes, broke into a little trot where the ground was uneven and went down again on my right hip. At first I thought I had broken it again, but it was just badly bruised and I had recovered after a week.

Then I received the results of my bone density test from the hospital telling me that I had osteopenia and was high risk for further fractures. My airsoft days were over and I would never get the full use out of all the airsoft stuff I had bought after getting my UKARA

7 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I have a history of disc problems in the lower back, one of which required surgery, and this has left me with damage to the nerves in my right calf and foot.  I have drop foot so I  have to concentrate when moving and keep my eye down on paths to avoid stepping into any little dips which can destroy my balance and lead to falls.

I had just received my UKARA and was walking to the village post office carrying largish parcels in both hands, containing items I was selling to finance airsoft purchases. I woman drove past me and stopped fifty yards ahead to pick up a friend. At the very moment she passed me, she hit the horn to alert her friend. The noise startled me and I lost concentration and lifted up my head just as my right foot went forward into a slight decline in the path. I lost my balance and fell out into the road on my right. Because my hands were full of parcels I couldn't use them to break my fall. So I went down heavily on to my right hip. Fortunately no cars were coming at the time, or I probably wouldn't be writing this now.

I was in considerable pain and unable to get up for quite a while. A kind lady motoritst stopped, helped me into her car and drove me back to my house. She got me in and sat me down in a chair. I was very sore for two weeks but took ibuprofen and continued to hobble around for a fortnight. My family finally insisted on taking me to the hospital for an x-ray. My hip had a clean break, and I was admitted and operated on two days later. The operation resulted in more nerve damage (normal after hip surgery due to all the muscle that has to be cut through) to the right leg, and my drop foot worsened. 

Nearly eight months later I felt I had recovered sufficiently to go back to my CQB site and avoid losing my UKARA. I was now wearing a special splint for drop foot. I was fine for most of the session, but forgot myself in the last fifteen minutes, broke into a little trot where the ground was uneven and went down again on my right hip. At first I thought I had broken it again, but it was just badly bruised and I had recovered after a week.

The I received the results of my bone density test from the hospital telling me that I had osteopenia and was high risk for further fractures. My airsoft days were over and I would never get the full use out of all the airsoft stuff I had bought after getting my UKARA

369ACFC9-6845-4250-B6A0-367172B0339E.jpeg

25 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Then I received the results of my bone density test from the hospital telling me that I had osteopenia and was high risk for further fractures. My airsoft days were over and I would never get the full use out of all the airsoft stuff I had bought after getting my UKARA

I'm a strong believer in anything being possible, with the right methods and plan. If that plan is rest and recovery for a few more months, a year or longer, maybe it is, but hopefully one day you'll play again!

36 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I have a history of disc problems in the lower back, one of which required spinal surgery in 1996, and all the prolapses and surgery have left me with damage to the nerves in my right calf and foot. I have suffered from acute sciatica over the years.  I have also developed drop foot so I  have to concentrate when moving and keep my eye down on the ground to avoid stepping into any little dips which can destroy my balance and lead to falls.

I had just received my UKARA and was walking along a narrow uneven path to the village post office carrying largish parcels in both hands, containing items I was selling to finance airsoft purchases. A woman drove past me and stopped fifty yards ahead to pick up a friend. At the very moment she passed me, she hit the horn to alert her friend. The noise startled me and I lost concentration and lifted up my head and my right foot must have gone down into a slight decline in the path. I lost my balance  tried to recover it and fell out into the road on my right. Because my hands were full of parcels I couldn't use them to break my fall. So I went down heavily onto the tarmac of a main road, and landed on my right hip. Fortunately no cars were coming at the time, or I probably wouldn't be writing this now.

I was in considerable pain and unable to get up for quite a while. A kind lady motorist stopped, helped me into her car and drove me back to my house. She got me in and sat me down in a chair. She offered to drive me to hospital but I declined.. I was very sore for two weeks but took ibuprofen and continued to hobble around in the house for a fortnight. My family finally insisted on taking me to the hospital for an x-ray. My hip had a clean break, and I was admitted immediately and operated on two days later. The operation resulted in more nerve damage (normal after hip surgery due to all the muscle that has to be cut through) to the right leg, and my drop foot worsened. 

Wowsers.
Wolf was right, sadly - you win! 😭
But... never say never! There's always three gun, PP etc...
Or the ultimate in slomo - go sniping!

13 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

I'm a strong believer in anything being possible, with the right methods and plan. If that plan is rest and recovery for a few more months, a year or longer, maybe it is, but hopefully one day you'll play again!

Nice of you to encourage me, but I doubt it will work in my case.

I am already 71 years old. 😁 I was probably the oldest airsofter in Britain.

It was really rather stupid of me to buy so much stuff.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
17 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

It was really rather stupid of me to buy so much stuff.

Looking to re-home some of it? ;)

Also:

Kneeling on a BB on the hard floor of The Mall. 

😢

Archived