Calico

Cromulon1994
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: model Gun company

Any accessories included: a sling

First, the Calico. I'm actually selling this one. 

I've had it up for a while for £100 and had no takers. Is it just too niche or is it worth nowt? What's wrong with the pricing here. 

No box, it is a used gun and it has marks and scratches.

Now I'm wondering whether I should remove the Ris rail (it's bonded onto the metal with gorilla glue, therefore I can remove all trace of it with acetone, and thus it would be standard.

But in the meantime I would prefer to keep the red dot and actually use the gun.

IMG_20191103_144429.jpg

IMG_20191104_175835.jpg

• Supporters

Sadly, I agree.  If you can find someone who's desperately seeking one, you could ask more.  As it is, you're probably trying to tempt people who look at it and think "Ewwww".

• Supporters

Agree with the "niche" comments, especially when most players gun choices are loadout based or TV/film influenced.

Personally I was even tempted to buy it myself, But realised I've got too much kit already & it prob wouldn't get used, plus I'm biased towards aegs rather than gas.

Are there no auction sites etc more aimed at historical & rare kit & collectors, I reckon you'll easily achieve your asking price & more.

I would personally love the Calico. But as I believe it doesn't come with a hop unit makes it pretty much useless for use in a skirmish. :(

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I would personally love the Calico. But as I believe it doesn't come with a hop unit makes it pretty much useless for use in a skirmish. :(

No, it doesn't, it was made before hop was even developed. 

Tbh for indoor cqb it would be perfectly fine. Its coming with me Sunday to the mill and I'll put a for sale sign on it. 

I'm happy with £100. Or deal with a BFG. Glad to see it's not about to end up on Macks haha

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Agree with the "niche" comments, especially when most players gun choices are loadout based or TV/film influenced.

Personally I was even tempted to buy it myself, But realised I've got too much kit already & it prob wouldn't get used, plus I'm biased towards aegs rather than gas.

Are there no auction sites etc more aimed at historical & rare kit & collectors, I reckon you'll easily achieve your asking price & more.

Not that I am aware of. There were a couple of international ones on Facebook before they changed the rules. 

• Supporters

BFG...........hhmmmmmm🤔

39 minutes ago, Tackle said:

BFG...........hhmmmmmm🤔

Yeah, ideally a timed, and a little money my way (20 quid, ish?) . Or an impact and a bit more my way. 

So long as it has a 209 adapter

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Yeah, ideally a timed, and a little money my way (20 quid, ish?) . Or an impact and a bit more my way. 

So long as it has a 209 adapter

I've got a dynatec timed somewhere (not used it for years), takes 12g (😈), & a 9mm adapter.

But not .209, are they drastically smaller in output than 9mils ?

I wonder if someone could find someone crazy enough to TDC mod this for a lovely janky hop unit. 

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I wonder if someone could find someone crazy enough to TDC mod this for a lovely janky hop unit. 

It might be possible, depending how its set up.

49 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I've got a dynatec timed somewhere (not used it for years), takes 12g (😈), & a 9mm adapter.

But not .209, are they drastically smaller in output than 9mils ?

I would still be interested, I have a lathe. Whereabouts are you? 

46 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

There's a guy on the classic airsoft Facebook group who has done so. He is on YouTube skirmishing it. 

In theory a kjw mk1 barrel with hop would also work with some alterations to the gun. It's really simple internally. 

I know this isn't a sales thread but it IS now back to how it should be. I have removed the rail. Clear Gorilla glue is brilliant for adding rails to guns without marking them (as long as its metal on metal). Solid as anything then when you want to remove a little acetone and it's like it was never there. 

1573146080769551311508852214234.jpg

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I would still be interested, I have a lathe. Whereabouts are you? 

I'm down in in greatstone, se Kent, miles from everyone & everything lol

39 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'm down in in greatstone, se Kent, miles from everyone & everything lol

So, that's practically France 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

So, that's practically France 

Lol pretty much, I'm hoping to get myself a nice rib & outboard soon,  "visitors" keep leaving them on the beach over the road from me, ukba gits keep beating me to them.

• Supporters

Wasn't me, but I was surprised it hadn't sold already.

@Cromulon1994, guess you won't find out what it's like to skirmish with ☹️

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

who in this thread bought it then :P

My money's on Asomodai 😛

8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Wasn't me, but I was surprised it hadn't sold already.

@Cromulon1994, guess you won't find out what it's like to skirmish with ☹️

My money's on Asomodai 😛

Not guilty sir! 

When I meant no more rifles I meant it! I have zilch money and when I do have some I need to buy a tonne of upgrade parts. Of course if a Tavor comes up cheap enough then I cant say no, but that is the only really gaping hole in my bullpup collection. 

I do also need hi cappa pistol mags to skirmish my DOR with, though I might just buy two more hi cappas to get the ones included ;) (TM Hi cappa extreme and maybe the Jag TTI.) 

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Not guilty sir! 

When I meant no more rifles I meant it! I have zilch money and when I do have some I need to buy a tonne of upgrade parts. Of course if a Tavor comes up cheap enough then I cant say no, but that is the only really gaping hole in my bullpup collection. 

I do also need hi cappa pistol mags to skirmish my DOR with, though I might just buy two more hi cappas to get the ones included ;) (TM Hi cappa extreme and maybe the Jag TTI.) 

You're definitely missing a bullpup shotgun... 

22 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

You're definitely missing a bullpup shotgun... 

I have a KSG :P

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I have a KSG :P

Did you get the f2010 hunter yet ?

Archived