Can anyone recommend a good charger and batteries combo?

HeavyMendez
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I've just ordered my first RIF and cant wait to get out and play with it. I'm stuck at the moment as to which charger and batteries to buy. I want to buy an ImaxB6 charger but can not find a genuine one anywhere. Does anyone have one to sell ? If not please can you recommend me one that is just as good preferably one that has the function to pit batteries into storage mode.

I'm also not sure which batteries to buy. The recommendation is 7.4v but which brand, miliamp and C rating ones should I get ? I was wondering as well could I put 11.1v lipos in the gun as it comes with a mosfet preinstalled? 

Thanks.

• Supporters

SkyRC B6 branded seem to be fine.  Mine's a good solid chunky unit, no problems so far.

I honestly don't think "storage mode" is a real thing for lips.  Just don't leave them discharged.

HobbyKing for lipos, they've currently got them hidden under lipo -> Lifestyle-> Outdoor Recreation -> Airsoft

I'd generally recommend buying 2 x 1200 - 1400 mAh 25-50C 7.4V rather than one bigger one (they're so cheap on HobbyKing that you might as well buy two or more anyway). Swap at lunchtime if you've put a thousand+ rounds through.

What I would avoid is a whopping great 2000+ mAh 50C 11.1V lipo.  The mosfet will stop your trigger contacts burning out, but you might experience overspin and double shooting.  I found that one out the hard way. ;)

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

but you might experience overspin and double shooting.

sounds like an advantage to me double the bbs!

1 hour ago, HeavyMendez said:

Hi I can not find a SKYRC IMAX B6 Genuine anywhere. That why I am looking for a alternative. Thanks for the battery advice I will have a look.

You could get this it's what the SKYRC is based on https://www.componentshop.co.uk/accucel-6-digital-charger-with-5a-power-supply.html?___SID=U 

Archived