TM MWS with HPA drum mag help needed

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have come across a bit of a problem with my MWS when I'm running my HPA drum mag.
It's running at just under 50psi, at under the DMR limit of 298 fps on .36s.
BUT it's utter wank.
No range at all. Really slow bolt and poor recoil. No shot to shot consistency in range or accuracy.
It's operating probably 50-60% of the range I get from using mags / red gas.

Here's a link to some vids:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dhjNR55tJjKenKtR6
The vid of the lower fps is from the drum mag, whilst the higher is red gas mag (the mags were warm when I did the test, hence the higher fps).
The other vids are so you can hear/see the difference in the bolt/recoil...

Can anyone give me a clue as to wtf might be going on? Because I have not got the foggiest!

I'm probably asking the obvious, but does it perform better with higher psi?

I had a we scar that if the psi was too low, the recoil was sloppy and range was bad as there was not enough air to cycle correctly.

On 06/11/2019 at 08:14, sjhirst said:

I'm probably asking the obvious, but does it perform better with higher psi?

I had a we scar that if the psi was too low, the recoil was sloppy and range was bad as there was not enough air to cycle correctly.

Yup, works much better with higher psi- but power goes up and is no longer site legal 😞

I think it might be the reg, so @rocketdogbert had kindly lent me his to see if it works any better.

18 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Yup, works much better with higher psi- but power goes up and is no longer site legal 😞

I think it might be the reg, so @rocketdogbert had kindly lent me his to see if it works any better.

Fingers crossed mate 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon you could use a shorter barrel, in relation to the PSI needed to let the gun fully cycle.

Let's say you have a 400mm barrel (just guessing, I have no idea what lenght you're running), you switch to a 300mm one and up the PSI to idk, 70 to get the same J output.

As you all know barrel lenght has no impact on accuracy/consistency. It's just another way to regulate FPS/m/s/J output.

As an alternative you could run a larger diametre barrel, from idk, 6.04 to 6.23, with the same end result (cranking up the PSI without impacting the J output)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived