Epsom Bunker - Reopening.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

This continues to be a major bugbear for me at any site, never mind cqb jobbies, way back when 328fps was the standard aeg limit pretty much countrywide, no sites marked guns or checked bb weight etc, &, there would always be some small dicked loser that would attempt to fiddle the system with what was usually a slightly hotter gun, nothing too extreme, often 20-40fps over, in the belief it would give them the edge, even though the same plonkers usually hadn't worked on their hops, so just ended up with a high powered scattergun 🤣.

15+ years on, the standard accepted site fps has generally risen to 350, sometimes more, more stringent checks are taking place, & still the losers feel the need to circumnavigate the rules, believing more fps will make them better players.

when this happens in professional sports, whether enhancement by drugs or mechanical aids, the cheats involved usually face lengthy or lifetime bans, shame this doesn't happen in airsoft.

Good points.

I think Tunnels should lower their limit too, The Mall had 340 and even then a few people would say it was too high but for such an extreme close quarters I think a lower limit does make a lot of sense.

I think some universal chrono/marking system should be in play, so many places get it right, others can get it so wrong but it differs from site to site so much its annoying.

On 03/03/2020 at 06:13, AsmiCPS said:

I went to this site Sunday, and had very mixed feelings overall. 

Generally this is a really different cqb site, the tunnels set up a really unique feeling and the lighting (or might I say lack of) in some areas creates this grand opportunity for ambush tactics. The players overall were absolutely splendid, no issues with hit taking, generally all up for a giggle. Games were intense, fast passed, and emphasis put on ensuring players are out there enjoying firing plastic at each other and game rules and courteous play is being followed. 

however, my one and only major concern was the lack of enforcement of gun FPS in any regard. There was a chronoing at the beginning of the day however there was no enforcement of making sure you had .20bbs loaded into your magazine prior to testing, and no marking/identification applied to your gun to show it had been chronoed and passed. I received some of the most serious welts and skin splits I have received whilst airsofting, and some of these were not even from point blank range, and were from full length corridor firefights. I do believe there were people there running hot and disguising their hot guns with heavier rounds just to pass chrono. This is a real shame because as much as the site is something very different, I am just not prepared to take the risk when I feel the rules regarding health and safety are just not being strongly enough enforced. With the maximum range being around 30m at a push, I don’t really understand the need to be running a hot gun down there anyway, the only change it makes is an increase in chance of injury and potentially pushing customers away. 

has anyone else had a similar experience as this?

I was there on the same sunday I believe. Is your name Alex?

On 03/03/2020 at 07:29, clumpyedge said:

Tempted to speak to them about a private day...

I did, its £35 per head, best to have at least 15. They will provide Marshall's if wanted, or if not they just open it up for you basically. 

I think it's perfect for a private game.

41 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Good points.

I think Tunnels should lower their limit too, The Mall had 340 and even then a few people would say it was too high but for such an extreme close quarters I think a lower limit does make a lot of sense.

I think some universal chrono/marking system should be in play, so many places get it right, others can get it so wrong but it differs from site to site so much its annoying.

This site is 330fps, but as above, it's easy to get around as there are no markings etc on guns. We actually left early after one of the games. Basically everybody shooting at anything that moves from one direction. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

My friend Matt is a Marshal at the Tunnels. He's an EAG veteran, Rubber Chicken connoisseur and top lad to boot.

@Hillarbubs - I summon thee!

If you've any questions about the Tunnels, or enquiries, he can help :)

Cheers, @L3wisD

We're going through a big improvement stage at the moment in comparrison with the previous set up before it closed.

We're finding a reliable way of marking RIF's once theyve been chrono'd as welll. Currently using sticky tape but I understand this can quite easily be taken off an re-applied. Chrono has recently broken too, so we're getting a higher quality one if the owners havent bought one already.

Safe zone has been moved behind the blastwall into the main corridor now so the safety here is vastly improved to where the zone was before.

Thank's to all for putting your points up here, they'll be taken into account when improving the site.

Lastly, the company name has since changed from Elite Action Games to Incursion Airsoft. You can find the new website at https://www.incursionairsoft.co.uk/

Happy to help if anyone has any questions. 🙌

9 hours ago, Hillarbubs said:

We're finding a reliable way of marking RIF's once theyve been chrono'd as welll. Currently using sticky tape but I understand this can quite easily be taken off an re-applied.

You can get cable ties in a range of colours with numbers or company names  printed on them. I'd imagine they're pretty cheap from places like Aliexpress. 

@Robert James close, got the first two letters right ;) 

It’s Alan

@Hillarbubs I’m glad the safe zone has moved, was A bit iffy sometimes coming and going with the safe zone actually IN the game zone. I actually remember two instances when fighting outside the safe zone made its way through the doorway :( 

I can’t wait to get back there and play again though

+1 for cable ties, coloured sticker dots work too. I think chrono, especially at the tunnels should be mandatory.

2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

@Robert James close, got the first two letters right ;) 

It’s Alan

@Hillarbubs I’m glad the safe zone has moved, was A bit iffy sometimes coming and going with the safe zone actually IN the game zone. I actually remember two instances when fighting outside the safe zone made its way through the doorway :( 

I can’t wait to get back there and play again though

+1 for cable ties, coloured sticker dots work too. I think chrono, especially at the tunnels should be mandatory.

? @AsmiCPS is called Alan?

On 13/03/2020 at 13:47, Hillarbubs said:

Cheers, @L3wisD

We're going through a big improvement stage at the moment in comparrison with the previous set up before it closed.

We're finding a reliable way of marking RIF's once theyve been chrono'd as welll. Currently using sticky tape but I understand this can quite easily be taken off an re-applied. Chrono has recently broken too, so we're getting a higher quality one if the owners havent bought one already.

Safe zone has been moved behind the blastwall into the main corridor now so the safety here is vastly improved to where the zone was before.

Thank's to all for putting your points up here, they'll be taken into account when improving the site.

Lastly, the company name has since changed from Elite Action Games to Incursion Airsoft. You can find the new website at https://www.incursionairsoft.co.uk/

Happy to help if anyone has any questions. 🙌

Please let us know when Chrono and tagging are in place. Would really like to come down when that happens!

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2020 at 18:11, Robert James said:

? @AsmiCPS is called Alan?

Sorry for the late reply bud, been absolutely hectic lately. 

Yes my names Alex. You had me the first time 😂 

2 hours ago, AsmiCPS said:

Sorry for the late reply bud, been absolutely hectic lately. 

Yes my names Alex. You had me the first time 😂 

Ah I spoke to you on the day! I asked if your name was Craig. 

Ahh yeah I remember you man! Pleasant to meet you albeit on a forum, small world haha. where else do you usually play? 

11 hours ago, AsmiCPS said:

Ahh yeah I remember you man! Pleasant to meet you albeit on a forum, small world haha. where else do you usually play? 

Normally at Airsoft Plantation, but inside still trying to find somewhere to call home

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

Normally at Airsoft Plantation, but inside still trying to find somewhere to call home

Ahh man I’ve never been to Airsoft Plantation. I’ve only recently jumped back into airsoft, since coming back I’ve gone to Epsom, Croydon and invicta in Kent. My next outdoor stop has got to be dorking tbh. 

7 hours ago, AsmiCPS said:

Ahh man I’ve never been to Airsoft Plantation. I’ve only recently jumped back into airsoft, since coming back I’ve gone to Epsom, Croydon and invicta in Kent. My next outdoor stop has got to be dorking tbh. 

plantation comes highly recommended 

Archived