Epsom Bunker - Reopening.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It’s a amazingly unique site....

I played here lots, it had its issues (no chrono, safe zone not too safe,  no toilets, shop etc) but was nothing like anywhere else I played ever!!

I would personally skip the full auto day as it will be silly, trying to get around a couple of corners whilst 20 players are hosing down the corridor is no fun at all. I’m not opposed to getting shot, but full auto in this place was ridiculous and more pain than fun!!

2 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

It’s a amazingly unique site....

I played here lots, it had its issues (no chrono, safe zone not too safe,  no toilets, shop etc) but was nothing like anywhere else I played ever!!

So the same things you slated Red 1 the school over 😛 😉

It’s totally different to the school though. The layout of the tunnels means there is more range, it’s not too up close in most of the site, there are some tight bits and a lot of choke points but it has more corridors.

just hope they keep numbers low. Too many players would ruin the fun as it’s not the biggest of sites

On 05/11/2019 at 07:29, Asomodai said:

PS: here's a terrible video of the place.

Jesus Christ my ears.

Looks like it could be good for CQB, my first ever airsoft experience was in a bunker somewhere near the coast, can't remember where exactly though.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Jesus Christ my ears.

Looks like it could be good for CQB, my first ever airsoft experience was in a bunker somewhere near the coast, can't remember where exactly though.

Ucap bunker down near Portsmouth perhaps ?, great unique site, only managed to play there once on a private game, loved it 😁

On 05/11/2019 at 08:20, Albiscuit said:

I would personally skip the full auto day as it will be silly, trying to get around a couple of corners whilst 20 players are hosing down the corridor is no fun at all. I’m not opposed to getting shot, but full auto in this place was ridiculous and more pain than fun!!

Seems it will be semi only, both nights listed as semi only now. 330fps limit on .2s, not sure if it’ll be checked/enforced though. 

Booking only as well, so assume there will be a cap on numbers 

I cant make it now, Funeral on Tuesday and working Wednesday. :( 

I will venture down once they are open properly. Done some looking around and there is  lots of talk of Sundays becoming regular again.

It really is a Marmite site though, I have absolutely loved some games there and hated others, my group of mates are divided on it too.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, E21A said:

Anybody played here since the re opening, I’m heading there on the 11th after work. 

I would but have no means of getting there!

21 minutes ago, E21A said:

That sucks. What’s the nearest train station? 

21 minutes ago, E21A said:

That sucks. What’s the nearest train station? 

Actually. I could probably make it down there. 18 minute walk from Epsom station. I work in Elephant and Castle. So it's doable...

...just not sure if I would like tunnel play like that! 

9 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Actually. I could probably make it down there. 18 minute walk from Epsom station. I work in Elephant and Castle. So it's doable...

...just not sure if I would like tunnel play like that! 

Im 50/50 on of i’ll like it or not. It’s local to me though and indoor so going to give a good go. 

Happy to collect/drop you off at station if you do fancy trying it. Feel free to PM me. 

11 hours ago, E21A said:

Im 50/50 on of i’ll like it or not. It’s local to me though and indoor so going to give a good go. 

Happy to collect/drop you off at station if you do fancy trying it. Feel free to PM me. 

I should be ok without the lift, but will let you know otherwise. Still on the fence about taking a pounding on a weeknight!

On 05/11/2019 at 09:20, Albiscuit said:

HOSE HARDER! :P

10 hours ago, Skara said:

HOSE HARDER! :P

Was literally impossible on some games. If the regulars managed to hold certain corridors you couldn’t get out of spawn. Was mega frustrating. Not like anywhere else where you take a different avenue or flank around, literally no way of stepping out into 10 people with fully auto on you unless you start blind firing before you step out...

im itching to play here again soon though :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I went to this site Sunday, and had very mixed feelings overall. 

Generally this is a really different cqb site, the tunnels set up a really unique feeling and the lighting (or might I say lack of) in some areas creates this grand opportunity for ambush tactics. The players overall were absolutely splendid, no issues with hit taking, generally all up for a giggle. Games were intense, fast passed, and emphasis put on ensuring players are out there enjoying firing plastic at each other and game rules and courteous play is being followed. 

however, my one and only major concern was the lack of enforcement of gun FPS in any regard. There was a chronoing at the beginning of the day however there was no enforcement of making sure you had .20bbs loaded into your magazine prior to testing, and no marking/identification applied to your gun to show it had been chronoed and passed. I received some of the most serious welts and skin splits I have received whilst airsofting, and some of these were not even from point blank range, and were from full length corridor firefights. I do believe there were people there running hot and disguising their hot guns with heavier rounds just to pass chrono. This is a real shame because as much as the site is something very different, I am just not prepared to take the risk when I feel the rules regarding health and safety are just not being strongly enough enforced. With the maximum range being around 30m at a push, I don’t really understand the need to be running a hot gun down there anyway, the only change it makes is an increase in chance of injury and potentially pushing customers away. 

has anyone else had a similar experience as this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2020 at 07:29, clumpyedge said:

Tempted to speak to them about a private day...

Its a great site.. you wouldn't be disappointing.

@Asomodai Just realised I was there on the day of that video. Saw my bro in the safe zone at the start and I walk past the camera near the beginning :D  havent watched it all, hope he didnt catch me cheating or anything 😁

On 03/03/2020 at 06:13, AsmiCPS said:

I went to this site Sunday, and had very mixed feelings overall. 

Generally this is a really different cqb site, the tunnels set up a really unique feeling and the lighting (or might I say lack of) in some areas creates this grand opportunity for ambush tactics. The players overall were absolutely splendid, no issues with hit taking, generally all up for a giggle. Games were intense, fast passed, and emphasis put on ensuring players are out there enjoying firing plastic at each other and game rules and courteous play is being followed. 

however, my one and only major concern was the lack of enforcement of gun FPS in any regard. There was a chronoing at the beginning of the day however there was no enforcement of making sure you had .20bbs loaded into your magazine prior to testing, and no marking/identification applied to your gun to show it had been chronoed and passed. I received some of the most serious welts and skin splits I have received whilst airsofting, and some of these were not even from point blank range, and were from full length corridor firefights. I do believe there were people there running hot and disguising their hot guns with heavier rounds just to pass chrono. This is a real shame because as much as the site is something very different, I am just not prepared to take the risk when I feel the rules regarding health and safety are just not being strongly enough enforced. With the maximum range being around 30m at a push, I don’t really understand the need to be running a hot gun down there anyway, the only change it makes is an increase in chance of injury and potentially pushing customers away. 

has anyone else had a similar experience as this?

Arghhh..

Such a shame. This was an issue 3/4 years ago when it was running. I would have hoped they would have sorted this out. 

On one hand I agree with the owner (John I believe) when he says chrono shouldn't me mandatory as its a sport of honour and we should all be honest enough to check out guns and not run hot. But also its bollocks. 

FPS should be monitored, especially in an environment such as the Tunnels. In woodland it will cause issues but not half as much as in an ultra CQB site such as this. 

I believe its no longer full auto and glad you seemed to enjoy the day,

When I used to play I was covered head to toe, and even had an extra hoody on as really close shots were not uncommon and really close full auto was allowed. Whilst I think they could and should have had minimum distances, no full auto and strict chrono they chose not too and it really became an issue some days. Bad welts, bleeds and coming home looking like I had measles were common.

However the uniqueness of the site was such a draw for me. I had some amazing days there, and some really terrible ones. My mates are the same, we are all 50/50 on the place but all want to go back. The rough edges were not enough to keep us from going as we knew what we were in for and ultimately we enjoy CQB more than anything else and ended up knowing the place and being right little tunnel rats :D 

It really is an unforgiving site though. Totally not for everyone on a normal skirmish there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.