Londoners! Fancy a game on the 16th? Car share

hitman2victor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, E21A said:

If you’re going to the expense of renting a car, I’d use it to travel to a better site! 

😂

5 hours ago, hitman2victor said:

Hey guys,

So a friend of mine and I are renting a car to go down to Croydon - Tactical warfare airsoft on the 16th and we have two free spots in the car if anyone would like to join.

Site info:

https://www.tacticalwarfare.co.uk/info/

Honestly, go elseware. If you need a Saturday site near London, go to The Outpost! Or Driver Wood in Crawley. 

TWA has been my regular site for years as it's very close to me. Out of curiosity, what are peoples specific issues with it?

8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

TWA has been my regular site for years as it's very close to me. Out of curiosity, what are peoples specific issues with it?

Joint worst site I have reviewed. 

@Asomodai

Just read it, I think you made some fair points. As you say always lots of young and/or renting players who just go to shoot people with BB guns without paying much attention to the rules. Will definitely get along to Driver Wood at some point soon.

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Dude, go elsewhere, if your going to the expense of renting a motor, then go to a site that's legendary for the right reasons, it'll be a "eureka" moment, & you'll prob never want to go back to twa.

P.S. if it's so local to you, why the fluck  you renting a motor, surely croydon still has a decent public transport infrastructure ?

TWAT Airsoft is technically in Croydon. It's in the middle of buttfuck nowhere farmland outskirts of Croydon about 3 miles down a winding country lane from the nearest bus stop which isn't ideal for lugging all your kit. Probably ok if you're renting.

53 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Dude, go elsewhere, if your going to the expense of renting a motor, then go to a site that's legendary for the right reasons, it'll be a "eureka" moment, & you'll prob never want to go back to twa.

P.S. if it's so local to you, why the fluck  you renting a motor, surely croydon still has a decent public transport infrastructure ?

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I'm not the thread starter, just chimed in to ask for specifics of peoples issues.

I have my own car and drive, although never ventured further than Red1 in Chislehurst for airsoft. As I say, definitely want to explore more sites in the South East and now with someone I know getting back in to it, it'll give me someone to go along to new sites with.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Will definitely get along to Driver Wood at some point soon.

If you’re coming down that direction, go one better and go to Dogtag Airsoft in faygate

8 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I'm not the thread starter, just chimed in to ask for specifics of peoples issues.

I have my own car and drive, although never ventured further than Red1 in Chislehurst for airsoft. As I say, definitely want to explore more sites in the South East and now with someone I know getting back in to it, it'll give me someone to go along to new sites with.

Read @Asmodias reviews of the south east sites, he has done all the running around and paying for us. 

I have been to a fair few of the sites he has reviewed and find it hard to disagree with his reviews. Granted each game day is different but he is able to get the feel of a place quickly, having played a couple of sites with him too I’m happy to put a lot of faith in his reviews!!

The only thing he really mentions which I’m not fussed about is the site shop offerings. I go to play not to shop. That being said some basic stuff for sale is nice but it’s never a deciding factor for me to go somewhere....

Also let us know where your playing and when your going, some of us near London may be in the same site on the same day and it’s nice to say hello to others in the safe zone!! 

11 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Also let us know where your playing and when your going, some of us near London may be in the same site on the same day and it’s nice to say hello to others in the safe zone!! 

Is there an AFUK patch we can rock? Like a yellow rose on a blind date, haha.

25 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Is there an AFUK patch we can rock? Like a yellow rose on a blind date, haha.

Certainly is! Available to purchase at this very forum. If you view the forum on a computer then its on one of the tabs at the top. 

It does take some time to get a patch through, but due to the delay I got three! 

Pretty handsome patches if I do say so myself. 

Though the amount of times I have been recognized because of my site reviews is a bit embarrassing to the extent I don't need the patch. Cant keep a low profile these days! 

20191106_005320.thumb.jpg.e130f96bd160cd624bfa6218e9bc4fcd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, 

Sorry for not responding here and yeah I went in the end, it was about half as many people as usually are and it was tons of fun! I know there are probably a lot better sites out there, but as someone who doesn't own a car and live in central London, my options are quite limited. 

@Asomodai On a different note, I appreciate your feedback on the site, but you hijacked my thread a little to be honest, the site could not be the best but if you have the right people usually it ends up being quite fun :)

49 minutes ago, hitman2victor said:

@Asomodai On a different note, I appreciate your feedback on the site, but you hijacked my thread a little to be honest, the site could not be the best but if you have the right people usually it ends up being quite fun :)

Not sure why I am being am being singled out here amongst the many others who said the same thing. 

Glad you had a good day. My review was based in comparison to almost 30 other sites. 

Archived