Best / safest courier ?

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What’s the best courier to use to ship a gas pistol 

I’m sure I’ve asked b4 but my brain has drawn a blank

• Supporters

Pretty sure the only UK courier that will accept rifs, large or small, is parcelfarce, on their pf48 service.

It is possible with other couriers ..... but close attention needs to be made with the small print to be sure

ParcelForce 48 is the only approved

method with Royal Mail / Parcel Force

It gets very pricey on PF48 with size/weight & insurance 

An alternative courier can be better priced 

• Head Moderator

The search tool has a 3 character minimum length, try a search term and see any results. For example, "courier" brings up this topic:

• Supporters
11 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

From my experience, dpd and ukmail.

DPD: The Company shall not accept certain goods for carriage or storage, including any of the following goods: (ii) firearms (including imitation firearms)

UKMAIL: Prohibited Goods: firearms (even replicas, blank firing, imitations),

I'm not aware of any courier other than Parcel Farce 48 that does accept IFs.

This isn't to say that your experience is wrong, and I've sent RIFs using MyHermes or whatever's cheapest on the day without problems (as "sporting goods"). But OP is specifically asking about "safest".  Good luck claiming against any other courier for losing an item that they contractually refuse to carry.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

DPD: The Company shall not accept certain goods for carriage or storage, including any of the following goods: (ii) firearms (including imitation firearms)

UKMAIL: Prohibited Goods: firearms (even replicas, blank firing, imitations),

I'm not aware of any courier other than Parcel Farce 48 that does accept IFs.

This isn't to say that your experience is wrong, and I've sent RIFs using MyHermes or whatever's cheapest on the day without problems (as "sporting goods"). But OP is specifically asking about "safest".  Good luck claiming against any other courier for losing an item that they contractually refuse to carry.

Oh, as in himself sending it, yes parcelforce. I thought he was asking couriers that send to him after buying from a retailer. Dpd and ukmail send rifs when bought from a website like airsoftworld and patrolbase so idk.

• 2 weeks later...

Parcel Force PF48 is the only UK service that takes IF/RIFs.  If you send by any other carrier you risk loosing the item with no compensation.  Even with. pF48 if sending gas mags remove the valve or the package if inspected could be destroyed. 

6 hours ago, BigAl said:

Parcel Force PF48 is the only UK service that takes IF/RIFs.  If you send by any other carrier you risk loosing the item with no compensation.  Even with. pF48 if sending gas mags remove the valve or the package if inspected could be destroyed. 

Doesn’t help, I sold some gas mags a few weeks ago, took all the valves out, they still got seized and destroyed. Not RIF’s obviously, but just shows any carrier can get arsey

15 minutes ago, BigAl said:

If the valves where removed they are not pressure vessels, why where they destroyed? Did you included any batteries that weren’t connected?

Nope, four mags, all valves removed, that was all that was in the package. How do you argue once they’ve been destroyed?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope, four mags, all valves removed, that was all that was in the package. How do you argue once they’ve been destroyed?

Did they compensate you ?, That should be a given considering they fucked up.

No, claimed they hadn’t, said I had. Gas mags to NI, they didn’t let me know, just destroyed them, so my word against theirs.

Lesson learned, no matter how careful, no more risks sending stuff anywhere that might involve a flight.

Still, in a few hundred transactions, it’s the only one that’s gone bad

• Supporters

Run that by us again.

You sent 4 mags via ParcelForce 48, with the valves removed.

They said they'd "destroyed" them because they were pressure vessels.

But... how do you safely destroy a pressure vessel, without de-pressuring it?  And if you de-pressure it, why do you need to destroy it?

That's one for small claims, I think.  Balance of probability.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Run that by us again.

You sent 4 mags via ParcelForce 48, with the valves removed.

They said they'd "destroyed" them because they were pressure vessels.

But... how do you safely destroy a pressure vessel, without de-pressuring it?  And if you de-pressure it, why do you need to destroy it?

That's one for small claims, I think.  Balance of probability.

That’s about the sum of it, not worth SC, just no more air freight for me

21 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Still, in a few hundred transactions, it’s the only one that’s gone bad

18 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Have you ever had a similar problem posting to other parts of the UK?

Nope lol

On 15/11/2019 at 09:06, rocketdogbert said:

Doesn’t help, I sold some gas mags a few weeks ago, took all the valves out, they still got seized and destroyed. Not RIF’s obviously, but just shows any carrier can get arsey

I got a bargain of a Tm px4 but the guy sent the 3 mags  pf48  FULL OF GAS thankfully they didn’t get seized 🥳

Archived