WE MP7, anyone had experience with it?

XanderShadow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to pick up a MP7 as I like how it looks, easy to carry/store in a thigh holster as a backup weapon, and I like gas blowback guns.

Issue is; are the WE ones any good? they're going for about £200 lately, while the TM gas MP7 is £300.
Is it still a decent gun for what it is, or am I better biting the bullet and paying that bit extra for a TM model?

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
5 minutes ago, XanderShadow said:

Looking to pick up a MP7 as I like how it looks, easy to carry/store in a thigh holster as a backup weapon, and I like gas blowback guns.

Issue is; are the WE ones any good? they're going for about £200 lately, while the TM gas MP7 is £300.
Is it still a decent gun for what it is, or am I better biting the bullet and paying that bit extra for a TM model?

The thing to consider WRT the TM model is that it's actually about 90% of the size of the real model. That's not a big deal to me personally, and it makes it slightly easier to carry around, but it really puts some people off.

1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

the TM model is actually about 90% of the size of the real model.

This made it unusable for me, unfortunately, even though I don't have massive hands.
Definitely a rif you want to get hands on with before you decide.

Fair enough. 

Do you specifically want an smg for any reason? There's no actual advantage of an mp7 over a glock with an extended mag. 

I know someone selling an fpg package if you want really gucci? 

3 hours ago, XanderShadow said:

Sadly, really not a fan of how that one looks, especially with the solid front grip

There is a version with a rail as opposed to a fixed front foregrip, just in the event you're unaware. Quality wise the TM is very hard to beat.

@sonofsammo - Isn't the WE version around 90% too? I might be mis-remembering.

4 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Fair enough. 

Do you specifically want an smg for any reason? There's no actual advantage of an mp7 over a glock with an extended mag. 

I know someone selling an fpg package if you want really gucci? 

Mostly size for tight indoor plau, but also looks and preference. Same reason I use a Schofield 45 as my sidearm pistol over say a Glock or B92; overall oomph isn't my primary concern, but something I like the look and feel of and have some chuckles with.

Honestly the main reason I pondered the MP7 over say a MP5K is because I want something that's gas powered over another AEG, but isn't just another pistol.

38 minutes ago, XanderShadow said:

Mostly size for tight indoor plau, but also looks and preference. Same reason I use a Schofield 45 as my sidearm pistol over say a Glock or B92; overall oomph isn't my primary concern, but something I like the look and feel of and have some chuckles with.

Honestly the main reason I pondered the MP7 over say a MP5K is because I want something that's gas powered over another AEG, but isn't just another pistol.

You mention mp5k, The we apache mp5k is a great gbb BTW. 

I loved my Schofield. Used it as a primary for a while. Got really fast and really accurate with it. 

My mate has an ASG Mp9, several mags, silencer and red dot he'll do a great deal on, drop me a PM. Never been skirmished, just plinked.

2 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

You mention mp5k, The we apache mp5k is a great gbb BTW. 

I loved my Schofield. Used it as a primary for a while. Got really fast and really accurate with it. 

It's actually part of a full western loadout I run. Schofield for close range (about 240fps), Shell ejecting CO2 winchester (445fps last chrono), and a spring powered Mare's Leg (290-300) for mid range stuff

I did look at the we mp5k, but it's a little more than I'm looking to spend on a 'sidearm' really right now. may be the better option though

6 minutes ago, XanderShadow said:

It's actually part of a full western loadout I run. Schofield for close range (about 240fps), Shell ejecting CO2 winchester (445fps last chrono), and a spring powered Mare's Leg (290-300) for mid range stuff

I did look at the we mp5k, but it's a little more than I'm looking to spend on a 'sidearm' really right now. may be the better option though

Remove the restrictors and drill them out slightly and it'll go to 300fps safely on the Schofield. 

Avoid the WE MP7, and the VFC for that matter....TM really is the way to go.  The MP9 is nice but has issues with the internal disconnector sear being made of fudge, plus they are fucking hot OOB requiring a downgrade bolt.   The TM MP7 just works and the mags arent that pricey in comparison to some GBBR

I have the TM MP7, it’s my fave gun by far. So much fun to use and easy to shoot. Perfect CQB gun. My mate has another gas one, not sure which make, it is bigger (slightly) but it’s not as fun or has the range as the TM. 

Archived