TM Gold Match Inner Barrel

Milk__
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Milk__ said:

If i get a new inner barrel, will i have to get a new outer barrel?

If you change the outer, it will negate most of the gains of the Gold Match. Have a look at the parts diagram, there is a lug/shim that stops the inner barrel moving up and down, change the outer and it will no longer work

I dont actually have it yet so I cant, but im thinking about getting a tighter inner barrel, and was once informed that if you change the inner, you need a new outer but you dont

14 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

GM has a custom inner barrel as well, again, you’ll lose the advantage if you just change it

Are these amazing stock then?

• 3 weeks later...

How many replies actually own and have stripped down a GM?

The standard barrel has a ring cut in the middle of it that locates into a rubber oring which is what is sold as a "floating barrel".

You can swap out the inner barrel WITHOUT PROBLEMS and WITHOUT needing a new outer, all you loose is the oring that gives the "floating" design.

The best barrel I have had in my GM is a stainless one from Mike @ Elite Shooting Centre and I feel no loss of not having the oring.

Pair a decent (and also cheap) barrel from Mike along with a Hadron H plate and an autobot rubber and you're laughing.

I often add an appropriate size o-ring round my inner barrels in all my pistols to help stabilize it. It's not rocket science.

Archived