Custom built aeg guns and recommended parts

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so I’ve been looking at getting guns for a friend, but I figured I’d just upgrade one of my older guns and let him use that.

I have a king arms oa15 aeg, skirmished twice. now my issue is I allways wanted to make it fire faster, it’s a short version and I use for cqb play.

now I want to max out it’s rof within limits of not so op it melts the gun first use lol.

it’s a lovely gun super heavy and fires straight but slow af so I want it to be shooting an ungodly stream of plastic terror.

what parts would you recommend and what brands for the parts y'all helped me big time learning how to make my mk14 shoot further now it’s my oa16s turn to feel your genius :) 

• Supporters

Maxing out is a relative term, if it's for cqb and you want to maximise trigger response then a titan and a 11.1v lipo should get her moving to an acceptable level.

Trying to push further and further is an exercise in diminishing returns and throwing good money after bad until you finally sell your soul to the hpa devil.

It's also cqb, and you don't need an ungodly rate of fire. Frankly semi auto set ups that fire faster than a boggo aeg on full are piss taking if you're just wanting to hose everything that moves in cqb

You can get most of what you need from AK2M4. My setup is 13:1 gears, 16tpa motor and gate Titan with a 7.4V lipo. Instant trigger response about 24rps 

• Supporters

Ray, you obviously haven't read this book, chapter one says high rof airsoft guns & cqb don't mix 😏

IMG_4781.JPG

3 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

It's also cqb, and you don't need an ungodly rate of fire. Frankly semi auto set ups that fire faster than a boggo aeg on full are piss taking if you're just wanting to hose everything that moves in cqb

36 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Ray, you obviously haven't read this book, chapter one says high rof airsoft guns & cqb don't mix 😏

IMG_4781.JPG

Firstly 😂

secondly I play in a big open space massive site but I say cqb it’s just I push rather aggressively but ppl I’ve played with and against always hose me down before my gun even recognises the trigger was pulled lol 

maybe I exaggerated what I’m after

not point blank 100,000 rpm lol 

nah I just want shorter range higher rof for my m4 and my mk14 slower fire with better range 

I don't know how long you've been playing or if you shoot much l but this might be worth trying first. 

Have you got somewhere you can practice? A decent garden with friendly neighbours? 

Know someone with land? A local site or shop that does target nights? 

Getting the first shot out accurately and confidently will help easily as much as any number of mods to the gun. 

Would save you some money. 

I'm lucky that I have my own house with a 50 yard garden and friendly neighbours. 

3 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

36 minutes ago, Tackle said:

IMG_4781.JPG

Firstly 😂

secondly I play in a big open space massive site but I say cqb it’s just I push rather aggressively but ppl I’ve played with and against always hose me down before my gun even recognises the trigger was pulled lol 

maybe I exaggerated what I’m after

not point blank 100,000 rpm lol 

nah I just want shorter range higher rof for my m4 and my mk14 slower fire with better range 

17 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I don't know how long you've been playing or if you shoot much l but this might be worth trying first. 

Have you got somewhere you can practice? A decent garden with friendly neighbours? 

Know someone with land? A local site or shop that does target nights? 

Getting the first shot out accurately and confidently will help easily as much as any number of mods to the gun. 

Would save you some money. 

I'm lucky that I have my own house with a 50 yard garden and friendly neighbours. 

Yeah me and my friend do lots of drills, he is ex army and lives with his garden to a barley farm. so literally 3 miles of fields lol.

When I used his tm gun (higher rof) I did find I was playing far better hence I am after that for way of mods I’m accurate but sadly my reflexes  fail me due to health issues.

idk I think I just want that slight edge y know 😕

Fair enough mate, also considered a shotgun for cqb, zero delay on the trigger? Cheap enough to try out and you don't need to put much effort into aiming? 

• Supporters

Another reason why you need to give Bush Valley a try mate, single shot only site, does level the playing field somewhat, & a pleasant change from the stupid hosefests at some sites.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Another reason why you need to give Bush Valley a try mate, single shot only site, does level the playing field somewhat, & a pleasant change from the stupid hosefests at some sites.

I never knew that I contacted them yesterday single shot sounds like my kindajam I’d love to find a way to make the trigger on my mk14 lighter and faster to pull it’s quite a hulking beast for construction deffo best gun I’ve owned just would like that to be more sensitive then perhaps 

• 3 weeks later...

Waayyy too many airsofters obsess over range and ROF. If your gun can shoot 50M that's plenty, anything more than that and it's your tactics that need redesigning, not your gearbox.

Same thing with ROF, it takes one BB's to "kill" your opponent and many stock guns shoot at least 15rps (ARP9's are only £180 and 25rps out the box).

Sounds like it's trigger response you need to improve. As others have mentioned, a MOSFET and even flat trigger can massively improve that with very little messing around or expense.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Waayyy too many airsofters obsess over range and ROF. If your gun can shoot 50M that's plenty, anything more than that and it's your tactics that need redesigning, not your gearbox.

the problem i have with this is that range gives you tactics, as does accuracy, where's the cutoff point to say "this gun doesn't shoot far enough"? i mean a springer pistol with a 5m range is good enough if you have some top tier sneakery in your tactics.

Same thing with ROF, it takes one BB's to "kill" your opponent and many stock guns shoot at least 15rps (ARP9's are only £180 and 25rps out the box).

sadly whilst i'd love to agree with the whole "one bb" thing, i've played against too many opponents who need a LOT of persuading that a 2 minute walk to respawn is the best choice for them.

don't get me wrong, i love when i'm playing against a crowd that's honest enough to call just 1 bb and when that's the case i can and do stick to semi without trigger spamming for the whole day and have an absolute blast, but not every game day on every site can be that pleasant sadly.

23 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the problem i have with this is that range gives you tactics, as does accuracy, where's the cutoff point to say "this gun doesn't shoot far enough"? i mean a springer pistol with a 5m range is good enough if you have some top tier sneakery in your tactics.

I'm not saying it's not an advantage but I just think it's something new players obsess over too much before they've even played with their gun. How many times have we seen "Just bought this....which upgrades should I go for?" Fair enough if they've used it a good few times and find it lacking in a particular area. I would say accuracy/consistency is more important. I started off playing with the site rental guns and the words barn door and banjo come to mind - it almost totally put me off as you couldn't even predict which way the BB would fly next.

31 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sadly whilst i'd love to agree with the whole "one bb" thing, i've played against too many opponents who need a LOT of persuading that a 2 minute walk to respawn is the best choice for them.

Definitely, I have a 486fps DMR and especially those running often need the persuasion of several shots. I guess that's why most people fire in a volley of 3-5 shots, which can still be easily achieved with a 15rps gun. Maybe I'm just tight haha, I have a 1500 round drum mag on my PCC9 and still very rarely even do bursts at 25rps because I find i get through it too quickly at that rate.

• Supporters

I'm not saying it's not an advantage but I just think it's something new players obsess over too much before they've even played with their gun. How many times have we seen "Just bought this....which upgrades should I go for?" Fair enough if they've used it a good few times and find it lacking in a particular area. I would say accuracy/consistency is more important. I started off playing with the site rental guns and the words barn door and banjo come to mind - it almost totally put me off as you couldn't even predict which way the BB would fly next.

ahh yes i see where you're coming from, yes i agree out range is kinda useless without accuracy.

Definitely, I have a 486fps DMR and especially those running often need the persuasion of several shots. I guess that's why most people fire in a volley of 3-5 shots, which can still be easily achieved with a 15rps gun. Maybe I'm just tight haha, I have a 1500 round drum mag on my PCC9 and still very rarely even do bursts at 25rps because I find i get through it too quickly at that rate.

yeah, i have the misfortune that it's a rare occasion to find a game where there isn't some kind of shenanigans going on. i do agree that there's a limit to the usefulness of high rate of fire and for an aeg i generally dont bother pushing beyond 25rps ish because it's just more headache to get reliable than it's worth.

Archived