Good, trustworthy online shops?

The Commander

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello! Now that I'm looking to expand my arsenal, I would like recommendations of some good website shops with a nice range of products and price.

I'm London-based, which means my local shop is Wolf Armouries -- as anyone who's been there can attest, they charge a premium on their guns, sometimes coming closer to £100 more on some rifles and pistols compared to other stores (and most of their stock seems to be TM).

Are there any good, trustworthy websites you can recommend to shop from? If it helps narrow it down, I prefer full metal, GBB platforms 🙂

Thanks! 

Places to Buy section of the forum has many retailers and varying amounts of feedback from forum users.

The simple answer is that it really depends what you are looking for. There are many metal guns on the  market and there is an increasing amount of GBB's on the market. I'd strongly advise taking some time to consider what it is you need from the gun(s) you're considering and specifically which platforms you like the look of. There is a good range of platforms out there from some great manufacturers.

If you're set on GBBR's then your best go to's for that side of things would be the GHK range and the GBBR's from TM. The GBBR's from WE can be hit and miss, often requiring significant further investment in the form of aftermarket parts. The exception to this, at least from discussions I've seen and had, is the WE Apache MP5 series.

Bear in mind that the majority of GBB's suffer significant performance issues as the temperature drops in the UK and many also suffer cool down effects resulting from rapid fire/long bursts. They also require a significant amount of maintenance and due to their nature cost more when it comes to general upkeep.

15 hours ago, josh200025 said:

Try Taiwangun or PatrolBase, they have a good range of products and are reputable within the forums!

Thanks! Will take a look 😃

11 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Places to Buy section of the forum has many retailers and varying amounts of feedback from forum users.

The simple answer is that it really depends what you are looking for. There are many metal guns on the  market and there is an increasing amount of GBB's on the market. I'd strongly advise taking some time to consider what it is you need from the gun(s) you're considering and specifically which platforms you like the look of. There is a good range of platforms out there from some great manufacturers.

If you're set on GBBR's then your best go to's for that side of things would be the GHK range and the GBBR's from TM. The GBBR's from WE can be hit and miss, often requiring significant further investment in the form of aftermarket parts. The exception to this, at least from discussions I've seen and had, is the WE Apache MP5 series.

Bear in mind that the majority of GBB's suffer significant performance issues as the temperature drops in the UK and many also suffer cool down effects resulting from rapid fire/long bursts. They also require a significant amount of maintenance and due to their nature cost more when it comes to general upkeep.

In terms of GBBRs, I got my mind set on on the TM M4A1 MWS -- unless I can find another one which is closer to the real steel counterpart. My main immediate concern is a proper pistol, which can't be TM since they do polymers and I really like the metal versions more.

I would like a good version of the M9 and the classic (not USMC) military 1911, both as close to the real steel as possible. I play more for fun and because I like the handling of some guns (and often CQB sites), so the performance is not as much of a dealbreaker compared to the real steel aspect 😁

@The Commander - The MWS is a great bit of a kit to say the least. Regarding pistols,I wouldn't rule out TM as an option, while they are of polymer construction there is a reason why they are so well regarded in the market.

While metal pistols can be very satisfying they suffer to much more significant degrees in relation to ambient temperatures and cool down. When it comes to the 1911 if you're dead against polymer then I'd write it off as the single stack magazines have comparatively low gas reservoirs when you put them up against their double stack cousins. When it comes to the Beretta, if you were to consider the TM, then you're best making sure that you opt for the ones with the adjustable hop-up. The early TM M9's had fixed hop units due to the design infancy at the time.

There will possibly be some CO2 versions of the M9 and perhaps the 1911 but you may need to modify them to make them site legal.

edit: Probably not of interest given the elimination of the MEU iteration of the 1911 but the TM M45 (currently only in tan but a black version should be out in the new year) might be worth consideration as I understand that it uses their newer blowback configuration. Again, this assumes you decide you are able to move past the polymer element.

On 04/11/2019 at 22:06, Albiscuit said:

@The Commander out of interest which CQB sites do you play at?

Bunker 51, in London. It's the closest to my location (Central London).

On 03/11/2019 at 22:45, FreeFrag.UK said:

@The Commander

When it comes to the Beretta, if you were to consider the TM, then you're best making sure that you opt for the ones with the adjustable hop-up. The early TM M9's had fixed hop units due to the design infancy at the time.

There will possibly be some CO2 versions of the M9 and perhaps the 1911 but you may need to modify them to make them site legal.

edit: Probably not of interest given the elimination of the MEU iteration of the 1911 but the TM M45 (currently only in tan but a black version should be out in the new year) might be worth consideration as I understand that it uses their newer blowback configuration. Again, this assumes you decide you are able to move past the polymer element.

Thanks for the info, @FreeFrag.UK! I'll keep it in mind -- I got a TM FiveseveN from Wolf today in the physical store (the real steel is made of polymer too, so the ABS construct scratches my need for realism) 😋 In the future when I buy more stuff from online retailers (really like the look of PatrolBase!), I'll keep that in mind even though I prefer the metal versions of the 1911 and M9 🙂

On 07/11/2019 at 21:28, The Commander said:

(really like the look of PatrolBase!)

You might want to check their feedback on here before you go there!

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, The Commander said:

Having used Fire Support and Patrol Base now, I can vouch for their quality 😁

However, I am looking for a Magpul sling and came across https://www.uktactical.com/ -- are they trustworthy?

Places to Buy section

There is a thread buried in there but the short answer is yes.

Personally though there are other slings which I'd rather invest in.

12 hours ago, The Commander said:

Having used Fire Support and Patrol Base now, I can vouch for their quality 😁

However, I am looking for a Magpul sling and came across https://www.uktactical.com/ -- are they trustworthy?

UK Tactical are 100% trustworthy and provide an exceptionally good service. Faultless in my experience.

Patrolbase have always looked after me very well. Good prices on consumables like gas, silicone oil, etc. Good customer service too when I had to return an item after a fault.

Had very positive experiences with Eagle 6. Small, family-run business and Richard the tech there really knows his way around Tokyo Marui gear (Camoraids are also meant to be great for Marui work, but I've no experience of them myself).

Best overall for me is Fire Support. Proper, old school company who've been in the airsoft game since the beginning (they were instrumental in fighting the legal case for the UKARA arrangement we all benefit from). Good prices, no BS and their tech, John, is a great bloke who goes above and beyond the call of duty on jobs. A very safe pair of hands.

• 4 weeks later...

can highly recommend Leicestershire Airsoft Online always had fantastic service from them.

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.