Which pistol should I get for starting off

Airsoft-lunatic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 07/11/2019 at 17:20, Musica said:

I thought it was he to she?

You are correct, I had my direction mixed up. Woops.

On 08/11/2019 at 18:49, Rogerborg said:

41% of transgender people attempt suicide.

It's... not that chucklesome a situation.

I wasn't laughing at him, but even if I was.. so what?

Far far far more non-transgender people attempt suicide every year. Does that mean you can't make fun of anyone at all? Nah, sorry, that's not how it works.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Seven said:

I wasn't laughing at him, but even if I was.. so what?

Far far far more non-transgender people attempt suicide every year. Does that mean you can't make fun of anyone at all? Nah, sorry, that's not how it works.

So 41% of the worlds population has attempted suicide? Come on, maths at school couldnt have failed you that hard.

Not sure on your grasp on statistics and populations but.... its not the number of individuals thats important here its the proportion of a population.  41% of everyone hasnt tried to top themselves.   But out of a small group such as the trans community 41% is a horrific proportion of their population.  Almost half...

To take it to extremes by your logic. Hitler and the nazi's were not so bad.  They only killed 6 million people in death camps.  But the Jewish community isnt as big as the worlds population.  The worlds population was around 2,556,000,053 people in the mid 1900's and would have witnessed many more deaths than this over the same period.  So whats the big deal over 6 million jews getting killed?

The point im saying is that to that small community.  Those statistics are devastating. And being a minority does not give free license to make light of their situation.  And doing so is likely in its own small way, to contribute to that statistic remaining high for that social group. 

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, kasaran said:

But out of a small group such as the trans community 41% is a horrific proportion of their population

And that's self reporting by the survivors, it doesn't even cover the successful attempts.

Gender dysphoria is a horrible condition, and I have nothing but sympathy for those who suffer from it.

4 hours ago, kasaran said:

So 41% of the worlds population has attempted suicide? Come on, maths at school couldnt have failed you that hard.

Not sure on your grasp on statistics and populations but.... its not the number of individuals thats important here its the proportion of a population.  41% of everyone hasnt tried to top themselves.   But out of a small group such as the trans community 41% is a horrific proportion of their population.  Almost half...

To take it to extremes by your logic. Hitler and the nazi's were not so bad.  They only killed 6 million people in death camps.  But the Jewish community isnt as big as the worlds population.  The worlds population was around 2,556,000,053 people in the mid 1900's and would have witnessed many more deaths than this over the same period.  So whats the big deal over 6 million jews getting killed?

The point im saying is that to that small community.  Those statistics are devastating. And being a minority does not give free license to make light of their situation.  And doing so is likely in its own small way, to contribute to that statistic remaining high for that social group. 

At what point did I mention a percentage in my response? Come on, basic reading skills at school couldn't have failed you that hard.

41% of the transgender community is still far less than the number of everyone else on the planet that attempts suicide every year. But again, it doesn't make anyone impervious to humor.

Now let me be crystal clear. It's my view that there is nothing wrong with being transgender if that's what someone feels is right for them. Just like being gay is absolutely as normal as heterosexuality, and displayed throughout the animal kingdom, as is being transgender.

The point is, you can still make jokes, despite the fact that is not what was happening at the time, but again, even if it was... so what? Nothing will ever prevent the ability to poke fun at people for any reason.

If that was the case we should just ban all forms of comedy.

What's that? Ginger people are offended by ginger jokes? So what? It's a bloody joke.

Same goes for snowflakes, hyper liberals, unfortunate events etc etc etc.

Some of which are regularly front and centre of comedy and regularly poked fun at in this very forum, by the very people, wrongly, jumping down my throat for no reason.

So no, I don't buy it.

As a wise man once said:

'Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system.'

Edit: I will also add, I will not be responding to anymore additions to this conversation. This is not the place to be discussing this And I apologize that the thread was taken off topic for this bullshit, but I I reserve the right to defend myself, which I have done so quite effectively. I'm done.

• Supporters

48 minutes ago, Seven said:

The point is, you can still make jokes

The Dave Chapelle Alphabet People bit is hilarious.

On 07/11/2019 at 17:15, Seven said:

By the way... That 'she' is now a 'he' lmfao

Nah, I don't get that one.

5 hours ago, Seven said:

Far far far more non-transgender people attempt suicide every year. 

Reading... yes i can do that.  YOU, in response to a percentage of a population group sent in by rogerborg responded with some population number stuff. Not me.  thank you for noticing your error. 

So to help your mental maths and reading lets get it all in percentages... 

That 41% figure is for american transgender people.  So lets see the american suicide rates for the entire population.

Out of a population of 327.2 million, the percentage of people that attempt to kill themselves in america that is over the  age of 18 is.... 0.6% my source here is afsp.org a mental health charity. 

So until 134070000 people in armerica get suicidal (thats 41% if your wondering) there is no way any comparison can be made in regards to percentage of suicides within a population.  Ergo my holocaust example still stands...  

1 hour ago, Seven said:

41% of the transgender community is still far less than the number of everyone else on the planet that attempts suicide every year.

Oh wait again.  YOU post an argument involving a percentage figure AND a population number... lets start again.

Back to the holocaust example.  According to pewresearch.org.  The jewish population in europe in 1939 was about 9.5million.  This at 1945 was 4.75 million (The estimated figure for deaths of jews is around 6 million which includes jew from outside europe).  So this is 50% roughly.... 

but wait.  You seem to feel its the number of individuals that are important here.  So to pull it back to percentages.  Using mid 1900 global population numbers.  The holocaust (just the jews) cost the lives of 0.25% of the worlds population.  Now thats a tiny percentage. So why should we care for the deaths of those people? Clearly by your logic it doesnt matter when the population is comparitively so small....

Thats fine. Agree whole heartedly on the end of your last sentence. i never understand why people get phobic of sexual orientation or other peoples bodies. Its nothing to do with me if im not sticking my junk in em and they arnt me then thats fine. You do you etc. 

But the whole other part (ignoring the confusion with percentages) just shows a complete lack of perspective to problems people are facing and dying from every day.  Humour is great.  But your poking fun at someone who isnt harming anyone and is just being true to themselves. 

They are also being brave enough to do this in the public sphere which sadly results in people like you who want to poke fun at them (albeit with them not knowing) for being what? Different? Thats not cool man.  Its not funny. That sorta shit should have been stopped way back in the school playground.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

This has got to be one of the most major derailments of a thread I have ever seen😅

This is the internet man, your only ever 4 clicks away from ...........no wait that's something else, my bad😲

1 hour ago, Seven said:

Edit: I will also add, I will not be responding to anymore additions to this conversation. This is not the place to be discussing this And I apologize that the thread was taken off topic for this bullshit, but I I reserve the right to defend myself, which I have done so quite effectively. I'm done.

Effectively.   Hmmm well so long as you learn how percentages work, especially when in regards to populations. Then at least theres some take home goodness. Might become useful for apr calculations on credit cards

I miss old university debates. No one online ever posts references or anything.  

Thread got weird.

Amy from gun gamers is really decent for learning about hi-capas for a beginners. Great kit reviews as well both Amy and Eric make some really useful content and from what I can tell don't seem biased or paid to say good things.

Get whatever pistol you like. Can't go wrong with any TM, if you want a more metal built version then get a WE - they're still good.

There you go; Thread back on the rails calling at all stops to a Shop...

Archived