Jump to content
Pewpewpetie

Cyma cm 0.98 platinum MOSFET?

Recommended Posts

Hey all, just wondering as I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting this cyma sr. Does anyone know what MOSFET it comes with as can't find any info online and wether it can take an 11.1lipo

Screenshot_20191030-152456.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proprietary CYMA mosfet (so not much info about it out there), the mosfet itself should be able to take 11.1v LiPo easy, it probably has Active Breaking. Not sure if the other internals can handle the extra stress an 11.1v puts on the system but the gearbox specs according to taiwangun seem promising.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/cm-098-e-edition-cyma?q=cm098&campaign-id=14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

Proprietary CYMA mosfet (so not much info about it out there), the mosfet itself should be able to take 11.1v LiPo easy, it probably has Active Breaking. Not sure if the other internals can handle the extra stress an 11.1v puts on the system but the gearbox specs according to taiwangun seem promising.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/cm-098-e-edition-cyma?q=cm098&campaign-id=14

 

I very much doubt a CYMA standard mosfet has active braking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

I very much doubt a CYMA standard mosfet has active braking. 

Its in the trigger unit like an ARES mosfet, so i reckon it has active breaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon that if it isn't advertised as having active braking, then it doesn't have it.  Why would you assume that it has a feature that Patrol Base haven't listed?  And why would it have it, given that it comes with, and is presumably designed to use, some low-current nimh battery?

 

It does apparently have low voltage cutoff, but that's just another thing to go wrong.

 

Here's the thing, it's a firking massive ~350fps fully auto AEG, not a DMR.  PatrolBase even admit that it might chrono over 350fps.  Sure, it's got a quick change spring, but why spent £270 on a CYMA that you might have to spend even more on to actually use it?

 

It's a very curious platform, is what it is.  I've got no problem with CYMAs, but they specialise in cheap and cheerful, not toys knocking on £300 once you've put in the spring and battery that you really want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I reckon that if it isn't advertised as having active braking, then it doesn't have it.  Why would you assume that it has a feature that Patrol Base haven't listed?  And why would it have it, given that it comes with, and is presumably designed to use, some low-current nimh battery?

 

It does apparently have low voltage cutoff, but that's just another thing to go wrong.

 

Here's the thing, it's a firking massive ~350fps fully auto AEG, not a DMR.  PatrolBase even admit that it might chrono over 350fps.  Sure, it's got a quick change spring, but why spent £270 on a CYMA that you might have to spend even more on to actually use it?

 

It's a very curious platform, is what it is.  I've got no problem with CYMAs, but they specialise in cheap and cheerful, not toys knocking on £300 once you've put in the spring and battery that you really want.

ARES mass produce their mosfet unit with AB breaking, why can't CYMA? End of the day, chinese factories are not always these 0 quality control sweatshops people think they are, you contract out a chinese factory to make a quality product, and provided you keep them under control in regards to QC and materials used, you will get a quality product. Reason why I bring this argument up is according to TaiwanGun's description for these range of CYMAs, it's a joint collab between Taiwangun and CYMA, and its very likely Patrolbase went wholesale through Taiwangun's wholesale arm.

I'm not guaranteeing there is AB, but at the end of the day I reckon Taiwangun are contracting out CYMA to produce these mid range rifles to compete with Gunfire (whom work with Specna Arms) and their Edge series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an image of the unit. 

Looks to be a dual fet on the upright board with a voltage clamp circuit.

Back board just shows the capacitor and a nice beefy microswitch. With what looks to be a little more voltage regulation at the bottom. The capacitor is probably to ensure enough voltage is passed to the fet for a feathered trigger pull just to keep the switch effectively open for the correct amount of time to start the cycle.

I assume there are 2 more microswitches on the board, one on the back for selector sensing, and one to sense the cycle. This would normally be done on the COL and the switch might be on the back of the mainboard, or it might sense from the tappet plate having a switch at the top of the upright board.

There looks to be no programming at all. And the dual fet layout is very similar to a typical dumb fet like the Xcortech XET304u. As such no AB.

b4d9c07334cf4eaf5c0d9353b99be290.jpg


Just as a quick comparison this is the Jefftron programmable trigger unit.

b-jefftron-general-v2-processor-unit-3.j

 

The lack of the big capacitor means the chips are capable of counting, so a trigger blip starts a count on a chip and keeps running for a single cycle. That means it can do multiples of bursts and single-shot perfectly for every gun speed, it should be able to pre-cock as well. The design is digital rather than the analogue capacitor driven Cyma unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Yukarin said:

Proprietary CYMA mosfet (so not much info about it out there), the mosfet itself should be able to take 11.1v LiPo easy, it probably has Active Breaking. Not sure if the other internals can handle the extra stress an 11.1v puts on the system but the gearbox specs according to taiwangun seem promising.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/cm-098-e-edition-cyma?q=cm098&campaign-id=14

I thought the same, comes with 13:1 gears , high torque motor, full metal rack etc. Really want an sr but most are out of my price point that have MOSFETs, etu's etc. 

19 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I reckon that if it isn't advertised as having active braking, then it doesn't have it.  Why would you assume that it has a feature that Patrol Base haven't listed?  And why would it have it, given that it comes with, and is presumably designed to use, some low-current nimh battery?

 

It does apparently have low voltage cutoff, but that's just another thing to go wrong.

 

Here's the thing, it's a firking massive ~350fps fully auto AEG, not a DMR.  PatrolBase even admit that it might chrono over 350fps.  Sure, it's got a quick change spring, but why spent £270 on a CYMA that you might have to spend even more on to actually use it?

 

It's a very curious platform, is what it is.  I've got no problem with CYMAs, but they specialise in cheap and cheerful, not toys knocking on £300 once you've put in the spring and battery that you really want.

I wanted an sr base model that I could hopefully pop an m120 in lock to semi and ready to go dmr. Do you think this would be best value for money option? All ready have springs and lipid no so additional costs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think S&T make the matrix ones on evike.

you can pick the S&T up for £180.

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/dmr/st-avenger-kac-sr25-sportline-rifle/

 

I'd be tempted to compare it to the A&K one for base model specs, but if you are ripping it to bits the only parts that are important are externals. So look for the best base body.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/sr25-a-k

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same gun TBF.


Motor and gears you're looking at £50
Bucking and some o-rings another £15.
Mosfet £10-30


Modify the selector plate so it's semi only, then pick up a spare full auto selector, so you can swap between the 2 modes with a stripdown. A&K will have spares for the gearbox if it isn't standard. A&K tend to be pretty good for parts availability. That way you can use a cheap AB fet like a gate nanohard, or even just totally cheap out with a dumbfet. The beauty of the dumbfet is they rarely break, and in addition, the lack of AB makes your motors and gearboxes last longer. The M120 should be able to arrest the gearbox well into 25+ rps and you'll be semi locked anyway. So all you are after is base trigger response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Iceni said:

I think S&T make the matrix ones on evike.

you can pick the S&T up for £180.

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/dmr/st-avenger-kac-sr25-sportline-rifle/

 

I'd be tempted to compare it to the A&K one for base model specs, but if you are ripping it to bits the only parts that are important are externals. So looks for the best base body.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/sr25-a-k

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same gun TBF.

I think externally they are, the platinum edition has upgraded internals and motor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a guy on Facebook "Airsoft Q&A" who's purchased one of these and taken some decent pictures, maybe worth tracking him down.  Some nice features, as @rogerborg says will need to prove their worth as upping the price another £100 to compete in the mid-market.  What I don't quite understand though, TG release this gun but don't bother to make a decent video showing the internals etc, just a couple of guys with beards running around.  I do like the receiver though, looks like a clone of the Magpul but with ambi - nice

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question you should be asking is how easy is it to make the Cyma ETU semi only?

With standard contacts it's easy, it's the selector plate and the removal of the nub that holds the COL, The procedure on a regular trigger assembly can be done with basic tools and without needing to remove anything.

With an ETU it might be harder. It depends on how the ETU is getting the semi/auto signal. It should be switching a microswitch on the back of the gearbox. Normally at the back of the safety locking lug/Contactor lug. Depending on the design it might be a very simple material removal or it might be more involved depending on how that switch is placed and activated. I would always modify the selector plate rather than the selector assembly. Plates are cheap.


Looking at both guns the S&T/A&K and the Cyma it's a pretty close call between them.

The more basic gun has the advantage to the tweaker who is going to rebuild the gearbox to their own spec.

The Cyma has already done a lot of the legwork and at with a price difference of only £45, you do seem to be getting a lot for the money. Barrel, Gears, Mosfet, microswitch trigger, HT motor. As an out of the box gun, I think it's pretty much on point.

For me, I think I would still go with the cheaper model, but that is because I know I would not be happy with the potential for non-standard gearbox shells, and an unknown MOSFET. I could think of nothing worse than attempting to replace that ETU and not been able to get the right part, and then finding out the shells are not going to accommodate another brand replacement unit. I would also want to re-shim and check all the seals from new. I would hope Cyma are on point here, but nothing is guaranteed in airsoft!

Cyma is also one of the worst companies to deal with for parts. They don't have an online presence at all, So unless a wholesaler is selling the ETU and an importer/retailer actually picks them up then you might find the ETU never becomes available as a replacement.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceni said:

For me, I think I would still go with the cheaper model, but that is because I know I would not be happy with the potential for non-standard gearbox shells, and an unknown MOSFET. I could think of nothing worse than attempting to replace that ETU and not been able to get the right part, and then finding out the shells are not going to accommodate another brand replacement unit. I would also want to re-shim and check all the seals from new. I would hope Cyma are on point here, but nothing is guaranteed in airsoft!

 

Shell trigger compartment is standard apparently, guy on Facebook fitted a Perun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

 

Shell trigger compartment is standard apparently, guy on Facebook fitted a Perun.


Knowing that I'd have no problem picking up the Cyma then. It removes all of the future problems even if the Cyma ETU isn't available as a replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2019 at 14:31, Pewpewpetie said:

 

I wanted an sr base model that I could hopefully pop an m120 in lock to semi and ready to go dmr. Do you think this would be best value for money option? All ready have springs and lipid no so additional costs

 

In that case, get this one: https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-4/sr25-a-k?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im curious on this gun tbh, though nowhere lists mag compatibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys how much would it cost to get one of these locked to semi only,

I don't trust myself to do it right. 
mine arrived shooting 458-464fps

so once it settles should be spot on for our limits for DMR .

and as for magazines apparently the battle axe mid caps fit fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2019 at 16:55, bully78 said:

hi guys how much would it cost to get one of these locked to semi only,

I don't trust myself to do it right  

 

will depend on who does the work mate, there's no set price.  Would take around 1 hours, so guessing around £30 mark, that's just from the tech's I know.  Could be more could be less, ask around

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the chance to fire a new cyma platinum.  The 0.97a to be precise.  I'm really impressed with the new cyma guns and the fact it was full metal made it even better. The semi auto fire is very responsive with a short trigger pull. Full auto running an 11.1v lipo is incredible due to the 13:1 gear ratio. Less than £200 and it would rival most guns 3 times its price tag. I would recommend these to noobs and advanced players. You can't go wrong tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...