Our friend Nov fucked up again

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's interesting seeing the difference in reaction between the response on here and in the Facebook groups. Half the responses on there were people having a go at anyone, including the company getting ripped off for complaining about it because "it's just what happens in business". I didn't have the energy to waste on them

10 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

It's interesting seeing the difference in reaction between the response on here and in the Facebook groups. Half the responses on there were people having a go at anyone, including the company getting ripped off for complaining about it because "it's just what happens in business". I didn't have the energy to waste on them

I mean china will copy them regardless of Novy or not.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Its a sad fact of airsoft that our hobby is built on ripping people off, and its an accepted reality.

That said it sucks when its the little guy, kinda like what happened to odin innovations, a good product that gets its reputation tainted by the knock offs.

On the flip side, i'd not heard of tg until this thread and that response is good publicity for them, if i were interested in that kind of product i'd be more motivated now to buy from them rather than nov if nothing else than to spite him.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Our friend Nov didn't "Fuck up". In fact he did exactly what he was going to do all along! 

That's true, hopefully it's gonna be enough of a warning to others not to get involved with him, & maybe players may question his ethics & shun "his" products..... although I doubt it..... 🐑

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Its a sad fact of airsoft that our hobby is built on ripping people off, and its an accepted reality.

That said it sucks when its the little guy, kinda like what happened to odin innovations, a good product that gets its reputation tainted by the knock offs.

On the flip side, i'd not heard of tg until this thread and that response is good publicity for them, if i were interested in that kind of product i'd be more motivated now to buy from them rather than nov if nothing else than to spite him.

I actually like the look of novys belt/harness so I am glad to know I could get it elsewhere. His eye pro is just rebranded pyramex i-force which are great for their price.  I know that no product is prefect but his after sale support that I have seen is awful even when he gave replacement parts it wasn't including shipping etc and even that would put me off but the other stuff he has said is just not how to treat customers.

I'd be interested to know if anyone knows who his OEM for his bag is?  https://eu.novritsch.com/product/gear-bag/

Nothing he sells is unique as far as I can tell.

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I posted this link onto the sniper ops group.

The comments made me think we should have an IQ test before having access to internet.

31 minutes ago, Skara said:

I posted this link onto the sniper ops group.

The comments made me think we should have an IQ test before having access to internet.

I saw one person call the post an unprofessional rant about losing a customer. I don't think we read the same post...

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I read one guy say:

"It happens in business if you want to get ahead.

Asda, Sainsbury's and Tesco's all sell the same beans. The same beans just with different labels. And no one moans at them. It's business..."

🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

I think the big issue, irrespective of what's being copied & how shite his hyped up doppelgangers are, is that most Airsofters with half an IQ detest the skinny little cnut, have done from the start with his highly dubious edited "sniper skilz" vids, so his current marketing tactics & skullduggery are only gonna feed that dislike, but he doesn't care, he knows the half-witted fanbois will sick it up, in much the same way that Katie Price has "written" about 17 best selling books 🤔

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I saw one person call the post an unprofessional rant about losing a customer. I don't think we read the same post...

I sure didnt, the post i read was fantastically reserved given the circumstances.

• Supporters
On 02/11/2019 at 18:06, Tackle said:

that most Airsofters with half an IQ detest the skinny little cnut

I think he comes across as being an all right human being (in contrast to say, Licking Mustard), or did the last time I watched any of his stuff a year or so ago.  Well edited, not too much drama.  Granted, that might have changed since then - seems like everyone is chasing that sweet, sweet CHEETER BRUTLAY PUNESHID!!!! clickbait now. :(

Also, I didn't grudge him selling his own branded gear, and the SSG-24 did actually fill a niche in the market.

But if he's cosying up to made-in-Europe brands specifically to rip off and undercut them, that's not victimless, and he's crossed an ethical line.

Archived