Giving up on gbb pistols.

KOBK81
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gbb pistols are frustrating they can be a right pain in the preverbial. Over the last year I have purchased 7 different gbb guns and all seem to carry the same annoying symptoms.  The infamous gas dump! Asides that many other little niggling issues from feeding issues to full autoing. I look after these guns to the best of my abilities.  I use quality gas, quality lubes, quality bbs and still I find issues. It's becoming annoying due to the fact I do put a lot of care into these guns. I've got 2 WE m1911, 1 KJW sig p226, 1 AW custom g17, 2 ASG M11 and all of them carry there own little issues and the gas dump. I've decided I actually h8 gbb guns and I'm converting to AEP from now on. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Or maybe stop throwing glitter at turds and buy a decent one instead?

12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Or maybe stop throwing glitter at turds and buy a decent one instead?

Agreed. 

I don't see any truly decent GBB pistol in the list. 

• Supporters

expecting a WE to work in the cold is the first problem.....

they're a fun accessory, if you're having trouble with gas lasting then down-load the mags a bit. 7 shots you know will fire is better than 20 that probably won't. but realistic expectations are the key here.

in the warmer months a good TM will absolutely do work and then some, although even they can struggle when it gets real cold at which point your choices are co2 or hpa tap.

All that money spent on trash pistols and you could of bought a TM pistol, quite a few mags and still have plenty of money left over.

• Supporters

mate, you should have joined here from the off, we would have saved you a load of money & ballache 😏.

I had constant problems with cheap pistols I purchased, same ones as you've listed. I recently bought a TM and I would never go back, might be a little more expensive short term but it'll pay off.

1 hour ago, E21A said:

AW pistols are usuall described as “custom” right otb 

4 minutes ago, E21A said:

AW pistols are usuall described as “custom” right otb 

dejavu. 

I have yet to meet an airsofter who buys what looks "cool" as apposed to what is reliable and doesn't tinker with it yet. 

Buy a marui desert Eagle. 

A few mags 

One of the tightbore barrels and there's a guarder slide catch that's handy to have as the original can wear. 

One of 2 guns I desperately regret selling, it was aeg accurate and very good fun to use. Worked fine even in winter. 

44 minutes ago, Musica said:

dejavu. 

I have yet to meet an airsofter who buys what looks "cool" as apposed to what is reliable and doesn't tinker with it yet. 

Myra, not sure what happened there! 😂

As everyone else has said, there's nothing wrong with GBB guns providing you don't buy shit ones like you have xD 

Anything by TM or even WEs new offerings like blocks are the only ones worth buying

• Supporters

I owned a WE M9, thing was a poor performer out of the box and regularly gas dumped.

I also owned a KSC M93R it was an ok performer but needed japanese spec BBs which are a tad smaller than 5.95mm diameter.

I have also bought an AW EMG SAI DS2011 (basically a hi capa) and that too out of the box was a poor performer, again gassing out and no accuracy whatsoever.

I also bought a TM M92FS and out of the box it's hopping .28g BBs, straight like a lazer and most of the time out doing most AEGs, very gas efficient and more importantly consistent too.

Yes the WE M9 cost me £100 but the TM one cost me £140 so yes it was more expensive.

Yes the WE M9 was full metal and the TM one has a plastic slide, does that bother me, not in the slightest especially when you're in the middle of a firefight.

The point i am making is like all the other people have pointed out.

You moan that GBB Pistols are a pain because they never work and then go on to list several poor performing pistols.

I run almost exclusively Gas be it GBB pistols or GBBRs but the one thing they all have in common is that they are made by Tokyo Marui.

However i am not saying that TM are the be end of all they too do have their quirks, just they are easier to iron out.

Year round pistols?
TM all the way - I run a pair of HK45s in CQB on green and red and they've never skipped a beat year round.
TM MK23 all year round outdoors on green/red depending on temp.

My Non TM's I've been lucky with:
Pair of CZSP01 shadows, run on red and they're spot on in all but the very coldest weather.
AW split slide Hi capa has been flawless all year on red gas.
WE Glock 18c. Perfect in all but the very coldest weather on red gas, provided I don't use auto.

Can't go wrong with TM tbh - aside from TM you need to pick carefully or just be really lucky with Monday guns...

9 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Sell all of these and get a TM P226. You won't regret it.

Got my TM P226E2 this time last year played all winter and didn't miss a beat. 

Probably the only really decent WEs are the G series. Decent stock and more than decent with a Maple Leaf hop up unit and barrel.

Nothing really compares to TM though. I've heard it said that KJW are the equivalent of  metal Maruis, but I don't believe that for a moment.  I doubt they are that much better than WE.

The VFC FX45 is supposed to be very reliable though. Time will tell.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Probably the only really decent WEs are the G series. Decent stock and more than decent with a Maple Leaf hop up unit and barrel.

Nothing really compares to TM though. I've heard it said that KJW are the equivalent of  metal Maruis, but I don't believe that for a moment.  I doubt they are that much better than WE.

The VFC FX45 is supposed to be very reliable though. Time will tell.

Had a lot of TM's, & a few kjw's (still got one), & while the TM's had the edge, got no complaints about kjw kit.......the one we I owned was a piece of shit in comparison.

10 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

The OEM for the CZSP01 Shadow is KJW afaik and as I said above, they're faultless in all but the coldest weather...

Archived