Shotguns

Andyglaister
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening peeps

Right hopefully I'm posting this in the right section.

l picked up an lct G3 SG-1 to replace the lemon arcturus ,and it's currently at the tec's for a bit of dmr' love😎.

The impending 30 meter minimum engagement distance is now making me consider my options for a backup/secondary pew .

l run an early tm m9 Beretta and as lovely as it is it ain't the most accurate bit of kit ( that might be down to my aim )

I'm thinking along the lines of a back slung shotty ,but have no clue as to the effective range of them 🤔 .So the burning question is is a shotty going to be effective to 30 meter's? And any recommendations , budget round about £100 max.

Cheers Andy

• Supporters

30 MTRS is prob the accurate limit for most tri-shot shotties, can't comment on the gas varieties, but I'd be more inclined to consider how quickly/easily you'll be able to transition between the two, & under what circumstances, end of the day nothings gonna be quicker & smoother than a pistol in a serpa (or similar holster) on the hip or chest.

P.S. you mentioned your M9 not being that accurate, personally I've found that any pistol with a two stage trigger, ie every pull of the trigger has to pull the hammer back before it releases & fires, is subject to a small amount of movement that could ultimately effect your aim, switch from the M9 to a Glock & you'll see what I mean.

Cheers for the advice , hadn't really considered transition time ,it's a valid point .The Glock is a doable option and I've ordered in a drop leg holster as I don't like the fit of the Beretta in the chest mounted one I currently have. Will have a look at a Glock 👍

• Supporters

Doesn't have to be a Glock, that's just a good example, I mainly use hi-capa's, once cocked they work the same.

It's more than transition time with a shottie, even a stockless variant is gonna be 24 inches or more, & when it's not in use you want it securely stashed away, not interfering with your primary, or snagging on everything around you, which prob means accessing it will take a bit longer, although there are lots of molle shottie holsters around, people mainly stick them on their backs but I would imagine you could stick one on a belt fitment.

All I'm saying is, yeah pistols are the easiest option, but if you've got a hankering for a shotgun, don't let anyone put you off, plus even a cheap one can make a great gameday backup if your AEG dies on you.

• Supporters

Shotguns are fun but inconsistent even by airsoft standards.  I have an ASG tri-shot that feels pretty good in the hands but has no hop (or no effective hop) so it's essentially random after 10m as you have to lob the BBs.  I got one of the cheap CYMA CM.351s which has a fixed hop on each barrel that actually works - only the gun didn't, the feed mechanism banjoed itself right before chrono on the first game day after test shooting a few shellazines of .25g beautifully.

They're sods to work on too, so are effectively disposable.

Unless you're really hankering for one, or intent to play in the coldest of cold days, I'd stick with pistols.

• Supporters

I've got a couple, but to be fair neither have had much use, I did have a TM spas12 that got more use, but when that went pop I opened it up & there was no hope of fixing it, it just sort of fell apart.

37 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Have you cleaned the barrel of the pistol? Makes quite a difference. 

Only used it in game a couple of times but I will make time to strip and clean it next week before the next Game day (should clean it after every game I know🙄

• 2 weeks later...

grab a cheap tri shot and try it. personally I love mine but they definitely suffer from lemons. luckily the one I currently use has one accurate barrel and 2 wildcards. which is perfect. I have and tried a holster on my back but it is hard to draw  and means you may need to cut off all forms of iron sighs(I did). but for less than £50 youd still be surprised at em. they will work you out. no matter where id go to play id atleast bring one in the car as a backup now. specially if you playa heavy terrained site  for tactical moving up. if its very open and hard to et close maby not worth it. 

now dying to get out for  a game... bloody shingles blocked me and wedding next month... maybe January...

Cheap shotguns in the Land Warrior sale right now, well worth checking out.

Archived