leaky raven mags

JoelS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there , 

i bought a eu raven g18 about a year ago and the magazine i got with it has now started to leak i hear it come out of the bottom of the magazine  where you fill it up and about a month ago i bought a 50rnd extended magazine for it and that has  now started to have a hissing sound from the bottom . 

i use abbey silicone oil on the mags and i am wondering what to do 

I've fixed a couple of magazines with gasket maker before. 

Otherwise you can try new o rings. 

When you store the magazines do you leave gas in?

Edit- Although if it is the fill valve the above is void.

Just now, Sawyer said:

I've fixed a couple of magazines with gasket maker before. 

Otherwise you can try new o rings. 

When you store the magazines do you leave gas in?

yes i do leave gas in 

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Put new input valves in them. You could rebuild the valves, but they’re tricky to do, and new valves are only £5

thanks 

Just now, JoelS said:

yes i do leave gas in 

Good good. When my WE MP5 mags have leaked the fill valves were all good, it was the seal between the baseplate and the magazine body that was knackered.

1 minute ago, Sawyer said:

Good good. When my WE MP5 mags have leaked the fill valves were all good, it was the seal between the baseplate and the magazine body that was knackered.

i will probably call the shop or go in for the extended mag as i have the recipt and it was about a month ago but for the other i will try and fix it 

Its almost always the bottom seal as its the largest and weakest. Push out pin, pop it all out, clean and re-silicon grease the O ring/Gasket normally fixes things. Even getter a bit of blue Hylomarn (Silicon gasket) around the O ring and re-asemble, leave 24 hours and its fixed permanently

Archived