WE KAC PDW

josh200025
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking into purchasing my first GBBR, being use to slightly mid tier AEGs I want to chance my hand at the gas platform. I am looking at a WE KAC PDW due to a good deal I have found on the gun. Is there any known problems or difficulties with the gun? Anyone own one?

Guest Yukarin

As with pretty much every WE GBBR the internals are made of soft metal and wear down (sometimes quickly, sometimes takes a while). So you will have to replace parts fairly often.

51 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

As with pretty much every WE GBBR the internals are made of soft metal and wear down (sometimes quickly, sometimes takes a while). So you will have to replace parts fairly often.

Are there better alternative parts which I can replace for fairly cheap to start out? I’m guessing aftermarket parts will reduce the wear time.

Guest Yukarin

You can get RA-TECH steel parts but they aren't amazingly cheap and once you start replacing parts in a GBBR with steel parts those steel parts will start wearing down on other parts that aren't steel. A lot of people just replace it with factory OEM parts (WE spare parts availability is very good) and wait for it to wear down again.

As above, it's a bit all or nothing. Steel hammer wears a stock sear, steel sear wears a stock trigger etc etc... and vice versa. 

Just have spares in stock and the necessary tools/knowledge to replace the parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid anything WE if it takes an m4 mag. Their scar H, g36c and Mp5 are the three best gbbr’s that they make. 

Archived