Real Sword T97b wont fire 100% of the time.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

...well, as my luck would have it buying the highest quality bullpup out there brand new wont make me immune from issues!

I got through a new T97B! 

Unfortunately as with many things it's not working well. It wont fire every time I pull the trigger, it seems that the trigger wont engage the trigger bar enough to fire 100% of the time. Putting a washer between the receiver and lower rear gearbox hole to pull the gearbox back slightly will make it fire everytime but it breaks air seal and becomes really inconsistent FPSwise.

Any ideas what I might be able to do with this? Can I adjust trigger contacts or something?

Returning it is not an option as I cannot find another new T97b from a place I trust and dont feel like sending it back to Greece!

• Supporters

not familiar with RS's gearbox system, but if their trigger contacts are anything similar to most aeg's you might be able to tweak them to be a bit more consistent. i did something similar with the f2000

Have you checked the rear of trigger linkage bar and also the gearbox selector switch, some times if there is to much slack this can cause the type97 and 97b to not properly engage.  

36 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Have you checked the rear of trigger linkage bar and also the gearbox selector switch, some times if there is to much slack this can cause the type97 and 97b to not properly engage.  

I have. Gearbox selector switch is fine. The rear trigger linkage seems ok to me as well. I have just wrapped electrical tape around the eyelet on the bar that connects to the trigger so it will pull the bar a millimetre further and it is now firing with no problems. 

Either the receiver is not within spec or the bars eyelet/hook was cut too far from the gearbox end. 

I don't know if electrical tape is really going to hold out in this situation...

I have heatshrinked the rear part of the trigger bar and it seems fine now. 

However either the cutoff lever or trigger contacts have gone because I am only firing full auto in semi. Blimey! Taking it to a tech tomorrow. Cant be bothered with this now!

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

image.png.abb9782331128f6eaefcff26cbc07b04.png

After all that trouble to get it to you as well. :(

I really hope this has a happy ending.

Luckily the tech has worked on these before and we'll look at it together tomorrow. Will look at the air seal as well which is a bit off. Maybe build up the trigger bar with a blowtorch and some material. 

I do have a spare T97 gearbox with a cutoff lever and trigger contacts box so all is not lost. 

This one wasnt difficult to get, that one is the T97 that is still with Border Force!

So alot of work has gone into it today by my tech.

Opened up gearbox, i managed to heat the trigger contacts so much that the copper melted into the plastic trolley so that it wouldn't connect, had to use my spare in this case as it was beyond saving. Surprising as it was using a 7.4v lipo. 

Gearbox was gutted, smoothed the piston rails, lubed, new O ring on piston ring. Mosfet installed to prevent trigger contacts from melting again. 

The semi issue with the trigger bar was a whole new sort of bodge. To get the trigger to pull the bar enough, the tech took the trigger out, cut the flange off of the steel tube that pulls the steel trigger bar. He then put a brass tube sleeve over the existing steel tube that connects to the bar, this increased the diameter of the existing tube and thus the travel of the bar by 1mm.

He then created a new flange out of a larger brass ring to prevent the bar from slipping off of the side of the trigger mechanism. 

Seems to be working fine now! 

The only worry is that it is now a Brass trigger tube connecting to a steel trigger bar, hopefully the brass wont wear through anytime soon. The trigger bar was polished a bit at the connection point to hopefully prevent wear. 

Shooting at around 334 FPS on .2's.

Lots of work, hope it now lasts! 

20191027_185925.thumb.jpg.744ecbe70f5b5fdf0d648cd8042fa61f.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Sound like you've found yourself a good tech there.  Care to name and praise?

Ah I always had him, but he now only does work for friends as he no longer works in airsoft. 

Chewie - Ex Pro Airsoft. He did my awesome Famas mods. 

Do you reckon that Brass on Steel would be ok for a while?

Chewie is indeed awesome, he did a lot of work on my RPD trigger unit to get it working properly.

18 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

it's a trigger linkage not a drive shaft for a turbine engine, you'll be fine for probably a few million trigger pulls. 

Ahh that's cool! My knowledge on Materials science isn't what it should be 😉

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Sound like you've found yourself a good tech there.  Care to name and praise?

Here's the new brass tube over the steel one with the new flange.

20191027_185925.jpg

Archived