Help me decide which cqb rif to keep

Robot666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right, I've ended up with two cqb rif's (don't ask how) a g&g arp 556 and a classic army x9. 

One of them has to go.

But which? 

Both have functions/looks I like and dislike and I'm starting to piss myself off deciding which one needs to go.... 

So over to you guys, any of you have experience with both rif's? 

Help me decide before I stab my brain with a pencil. 

• Supporters

Having two cqb style rifs isn't a problem, @Asomodai will vouch for that, although it is questionable how you ended with almost virtual twins, it's like getting engaged while your still secretly shagging her sister, there's gonna be tears 😭 lol.

comes down to what you like the best, what feels "right", or on a practical basis, which one have you got enough mags for (are they inter-compatible ?), & prices for spares/extras for each gun, & lets not forget you now own both, so irrespective of whether both have "never skirmished" bollocks, their secondhand so you need to consider what's gonna give you the best return when sold, which I suspect may be the CA, given they rarely come up on the classifieds, compared to quite a few arp9's have been floating about.

although I'm with Asomodai on this, both are just bastard lovechilds of an m4, no matter how much you hype them up, & id flog them both get a vector, aeg version obviously, & you'll become an airsoft god.....

😜

The arp is a 556 not a 9 but you're right still a bastardised m4. 

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

, @Asomodai 😭suspect may be the CA, given they rarely come up on the classifieds, compared to quite a few arp9's have been floating about.

😜

span widgetspan widget

Sell them both and get a type 97/97b.

Or a magpul FPG. 

The problem with an AEG vector is one day some smug cunt will be next to you with his vector and it'll go "brapbrapbrap" because its the GBB KWA one, and a small part of you will die inside. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Robot666 said:

a g&g arp 556 and a classic army x9. 

One of them has to go.

At least one of them has to go.

13 hours ago, Robot666 said:

Both have functions/looks I like and dislike

Then sell or swap both of them and get something that you really want.

This is a sportahobby that we do purely for fun, so maximise your pleasure.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Then sell or swap both of them and get something that you really want.

This is a sportahobby that we do purely for fun, so maximise your pleasure.

there is a lot of sense in this post.

end of the day most guns especially aeg's can be made to perform the same, so it's more a case of picking a shape/style you like and working with that.

• 1 month later...

Almost a necro post, but I'm interested in which one you feel performs better and why,?

I was interested in adding either a CA Nemisis X9 or G&G ARP9 to my inventory, but have only ever found the ARP9 to try hands on at my local site. Nobody has the CA that I know of.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, ryaw said:

have only ever found the ARP9 to try hands on at my local site. Nobody has the CA that I know of.

That statement has probably told you all you need to know.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

That statement has probably told you all you need to know.

I have to disagree. CA is not at all popular with retailers in the UK, unlike G&G, hence the lack of X9's and the abundance of ARP's. Why that is, I can only speculate. Poor quality in the past may or may not be the reason, but regardless, CA RIFs are rare in the UK these days. I'm interested in the owner's opinion of how both compare.

Archived